Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Misfit »

Yes MR is good to go for NM and Eclipse. Also if you guys have not noticed they are going to film NM and Eclipse back to back the total budget is expanding and Melissa is tweaking NM and already writing Eclipse script as we speak...poor girl maybe we can send her agent a gift basket to pass on as a way to say thanks for the hard work. I am sure would do it no matter how the films turn out what does anyone else think. Maybe a special Gutter Package for MR. lol

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

I was really hoping the two films would be made back to back. At least then we can be sure we get them both! Plus, our vamps will appear to stay (close to) the same age!

Great idea, Misfit. I think that's something we should all consider. It's always nice to be thanked for working hard. It often goes unnoticed.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

You people are so thoughtful about thanking the screenwriter. I got a chance to interview her for the Lex (did that interview ever get posted on the main page?) and it was interesting. However, I have had to pretend that I do *not* know how to contact her because my coven mate is dying to contact her to complain about some things in the Twilight script (such as the "spider monkey" line Edward gives and the "he's my monkey man" line that Rose gives about Emmett playing baseball). She's right, but I can't let her launch into a tirade that begins with "I got your contact info from my pal LadyDi ..." :oops:
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I think that it would be hard to be a screenwriter expecially trying to condense material from such a huge book and then trying to decide what should be included/excluded and what you should actually add that brings something else to the movie adaptation.

LadyDi, I think it's wise to hold back on the information from one of you coven mates. It wouldn't be to your best advantage if she actually went off on her about those scenes and then you wanted to interview her again.

So both films are being done back to back. That's a good thing so hopefully there won't be such a long time to wait in between the two.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Well lets make a gift basket we can get all the items together send them to LadyDi who has a method to contact her who could get it to her if we thank her nicely.... PLEASE!!! :D

I can contribute something I have some great photographs of First Beach I could supply a couple of prints. TwiDealer might make something as well I saw we keep it away from perishable items. What say yee Gutter Mates?

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i think a gift basket would be lovely.

i personally would not want the job of taking the current most popular and well-loved book series and having to adapt it to screen. she's taken a lot of flack for it, but i think she did a great job. (and i thought the spider monkey thing, while not very Edward, was kind of cute!) we are an unforgiving fandom, and i'd love to let her know that her hard work is appreciated (although not always understood).

what/how can i contribute?

thanks for all the kind words and dating advice. i was all in knots today...my personal trainer was trying to talk me down and banish the horrendous negative things i've been thinking all day. thankfully he will be the last person i see tomorrow before my date and he's prepared to calm me down before i go. i am going to be me on my best behaviour (as was suggested) and i'm going to try to take my ADHD medication later in the day so it doesn't poop out on me while i'm on my date. i can only imagine me sitting there, having an intellectual conversation when all of a sudden i pipe up "ooh, shiny!" or "although our country is currently in a recession situation...hey did you see Britney Spears on such and such a show last...I love pancakes!"

sigh. pray for me, friends.

oh yeah, can i also just say that i've tried on four different outfits and every single one of them makes me feel like an overstuffed sausage?

i went to see the movie for a 6th time tonight and it took my mind off things for a while. :) Hello, my name is oleander and i am a Cullen-a-holic. It's been two hours since the last time i saw the movie.

time to crawl into bed with Phury. sigh. who am I going to go to bed with once i'm done with Phury?
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

behind as usual... gona try and go fast... I believe the script was completed upon opening weekend fo the first movie (smart move) I have seen hardwicke's other films, which I didn't love. One was 13 where I just think a mom and daughter shouldn't be friends. Parents have thet title for a reason. Suckage or not., I watched

Twinnie "hold tight - I am with you in spirit"
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

oleander wrote:i can only imagine me sitting there, having an intellectual conversation when all of a sudden i pipe up "ooh, shiny!" or "although our country is currently in a recession situation...hey did you see Britney Spears on such and such a show last...I love pancakes!"...i went to see the movie for a 6th time tonight and it took my mind off things for a while. :) Hello, my name is oleander and i am a Cullen-a-holic. It's been two hours since the last time i saw the movie...time to crawl into bed with Phury. sigh. who am I going to go to bed with once i'm done with Phury?
*snort* Ok, I'm still laughing. :D Pancakes...*shakes her head* You are hilarious! Now I have no doubts about your date at all. As for who to cuddle up with next? The changlings. Horrible, cheesey covers that you can't take out in public, but you'd want to keep these boys to yourself anyway. Very well written and definitely hot.

I'm having stocking issues, as in Christmas, not pantyhose. So here's my QOTD: What's the most unusual thing you've purchased for a stocking stuffer this year? (For those of you who don't do Christmas, what's the most unusual gift you've purchased this year?) I bought FS a thing of season salt from Red Robin. He loves the stuff every time we go there and frankly, it takes up a lot of space. Still so stuck as to what else to put in there. He doesn't eat a lot of candy. I already do fruit...and maple Santas have seriously gone up in price this year! *gapes her mouth and is seriously being appalled*

PSD: Since I'm recommending the Psy/Changling series to Oleander, I give you Clay, a bad a$$ kitty kat with a truly tender side. Clay in the shower. Clay ready to play.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

QOTD: What's the most unusual thing you've purchased for a stocking stuffer this year?
I know this is dumb but, it is unusual. I bought a replacement antenna for a Sirius Satellite radio. Dumb I know :lol:

I have my own question of the day I would like to propose inspired (pun intented :lol: ) by my twins avi and sig
QOTD#2 What is your favorite Christmas/Christmas related movie?
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Although CHristmas is only the backdrop of the story, this movie is over 20 years old and is still was of the funniest damn movies ever made and had a great message at the end about Christmas Spirit. I still laugh at the part of the movie when John Candy and Steve Martin are driving in the burnt out convertible and they spin out on the ice, end up in a ditch and John Candy's gets up from the steering wheel and the steering wheel is bent over and Steve Martin has to pull his fingers out of the dashboard and the imprint of his fingers are left in the dashboard.

John Candy, *sigh) a man who died before his time!

Ladies while you are ogling, :D
What ever happened to thisguy Richard Grieco and this guyAntonio Sapato Jr?
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Vampman! You changed your name. Happy to see you kept all the other stuff, posts, post count and such.

Have fun Oleander on your date tonight. Just be yourself and you will both have a great time.

Misfit, gift basket would be fun. Do you think she would like anything specifically from the Gutter? (We made a basket for SM with gutter stuff, some with Fry's art, and it was really cute).

QOTD: I haven't bought stocking stuffers yet. Love the seasoned salt, if that's what he likes, then it works. When I was little my brother got a lump of coal. I felt so bad for him :( .

QOTD: It's a Wonderful Life. I love the message, the dancing and falling in the water, ZuZu's petals, the romance and angst, and how it all works out because what is most important is family, friends, and kindness.

Here is a link to Fry's website where there is a video of the stuff we gave SM. video
Last edited by bac on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Laniyeah on photobucket