Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

ok I am behind

QOTD 1: something that happened that I have no explanation for....
I was 13 and playing with a ouija board with my neighbours. The one girl said I think this is stupid I got one of these for my 10th birthday and we used it as firewood. Suddenly no word of a lie my fire alarms went off. My grandmother yelled up the stairs what are you guys burning...she wasn't cooking or anything. We shoved the board under the bed and the alarm stopped. Later that day I was taking a shower and felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped out (still some shampoo in my hair) threw on my clothe sand started to go out the door to my neighbours house to tell her. SHe was running out her door at the same time freaking about feeling like someone was watching her...I will never forget that

QOTD 2: Weirdest thing I bought for a stocking?
I don't know about weird but TH doesn't like alot of small things he hates candy and chocolate, he has alot of razors, shampoo, deodorant etc. so I filled his stocking this year with movies, video games and a watch....expensive stocking lol

QOTD 3: my favourite christmas movie...nightmare before christmas..I know thats more of a halloween movie. I also like a mom for christmas, all 3 santa clauses, miracle of 34th street, one magic christmas, Prancer and alot of other cheesy 80's early 90's christmas movies

Well I met a lady in my mommys group I attend that just finished BD she is restarting Twilight now. I got so caught up talking to her I almost forgot about my 2 year old son :S It was the first time I have found a fellow twilighter other then twilight forums.
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Favourite Christmas movie is The Holiday. I could watch it over and over again (which i have). I realize that Christmas is kind of a secondary part of it, but I still love it. It's just too cute.

Strangest thing i've put in a stocking: a pot scrubby. Urban Almanac (a wonderful local store) had these fantastic non-scratching pot scrubbies so i bought one for my mom and one for my sister's stocking last year. They both really loved them.

NiMa, I like the look of Clay. I think i should go and order the books today!

My siblings have decided that we are to only buy presents for Mom and the kids this year (and the two spinster sisters-me and my eldest sister, sigh). I'm happy about this decision because there are 4 nephews and 1 niece and it gets pricey, not to mention that my other sister is moving back to Canada from England with her two kids and her fiancé on the 23rd so money's tight for them right now too. Next year we grown-ups are going to draw names and do it that way so everyone gets at least one gift.

We've gone from 9" of snow and -22C temperatures to 3" of water and +10c in less than 24 hours. Mother Nature hates the Maritime provinces i think! ;)
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

bac,

How nice of you to notice that I changed my screen name. I figured that since everyone refers to me as vampman it was appropriate. :D

oleander,

I forgot to mention earlier that I hope you have the best time on your date and that it goes very well. I wish you the best

BTW, what is with the advertising that has suddenly appeared at the top and bottom of the screen? It has really slowed down the Lex!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Good Morning, Gutter!

I'm reading to get down to work. I've got tea in one cup (Don't worry, it's caffeine free. LOL, I checked the label like 3 times before I made it) and I've got an awesome 80s playlist going. I thought I pop in and see what's going on.

QOTD- Most unusual gift: Before I started reading smut, a girlfriend of mine gave me a bookmark. It was a bookmark with a phabio cover on it. The following year, I gave her the bookmark and bought a book from Walgreens as gag gift. LOL, if she only knew about the things that I'm reading now. :mrgreen:

QOTD 2: I put up my favorite Christmas movie in the Hash thread, but I'll list it here too: It's a Wonderful life and the animated "How the Grinch stole Christmas".

oleander- I hope all goes well and I know it will. I can already hear him singing this song. I wonder if I can get GNE to put that on her playlist. :lol:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

QOTD: I have been thinking about that. None of the things I buy are weird for the person they are intended, but might be weird to someone else- fishing lures for hubby, drill bits for my FIL.

I also haven't seen "The Golden Compass" and don't know this director. I think that whoever they sign-on to do it will have mighty big shoes to fill. I hope they really understand the story and have read ALL the books and know the characters. Critics and fans will be expecting so much more from NM than they did from Twilight. I hope whoever the new director is has a thick skin! :)

Aw, a thank-you gift basket to Melissa Rosenberg is a great idea! She is one busy woman! Keep us informed about this please.

Stupid_Lamb~ I freaked out the first and ONLY time I played with a Ouija Board! It was just myself and a friend, and we were asking it questions that only I knew the answers to, and that was scary! I think I was 10 or 11. Sheeeeesh, I'm getting goosebumps now!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Oh, I can't believe I've been "gone" for 2 days... I was busy reading The Host - couldn't put it down! I just finished reading 7-8 pages of gutter... I told myself I was going to only be on the Lex for 20 minutes - It took me 35 just to read all the posts! You all entertain me so much!! Let's see...

First - CG, thank you for yet another great 80's video! I had lots of fun "watching" them with you last night. And, BTW - I STILL stayed up to read the first chapter of P/C! I'm TIRED this AM, I'm drinking fully-loaded Christmas Tree!

Inspired - I just started the first P/C book, too. But all I've read is the first chapter. We'll have to compare notes again!

Vampman - I have a note here that says "!!", but for the life of me, I don't remember what that meant (I took notes on scrap paper to help me respond to the pages I missed. And now I can't understand my own notes!) Hmmm... I'll have to go back and find out what that was for. And, BTW - you are such a nice member of our Gutter society - such kind words for Oleander and everyone. Thanks to you and ALL of our "family" here - you truly are special people.

GNE - let me know if you want any suggestions for your 80's play list... I've got a LOT of 80's music! Love what you have so far.

Vamplover - LOVE the peach cobbler story. UNA - I'm DYING to know... What is the gutterific story??!!

Oleander - Have a blast tonight!! I also LOVE the Holiday - so sappy, so sweet! It makes me overlook the impossible HAE ;)

Nima - I am glad to hear that LG is doing *okay.* You are a great mom and you're whole family will continue to be in my prayers.

Misfit - I'm up for chipping in to the gift basket, just let me know!

To all who liked my Santa Stocking reference (Nima, it's okay you missed, you had a lot on your mind), I was glad to entertain. I mean - this is the GUTTER!! :twisted:

Oh, back to Vampman - here is what my "!!" was for - love the sig! Got to love a guy who puts the Brothers on his sig... Nice job! Which book are you on, now?

I'm not even going to try for the QOTD's right now. But, I will be back to check on you all this evening, I hope! ;)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hey lovelies.

Just dropping by to say hi and that I'm back from Lebanon.I had a great time and already feel homesick.I miss my mom, family and friends there.It was the greatest 2 motnhs of my life.I have pictures but I need to scan them.And I'll be giving links for you guys to see.

miss you all.

Hope <3
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Hello all. Haven't seen you around for while Misfit. Nice to see you again. I hadn't heard about them filming NM & E back to back but I did get an email from Summet films saying (I can't remember the exact wording) that Stephenie was going to be working with the new director like she did with Twilght. So she'll have imput. They said they respected the fans and basically they didn't want to mess it up. Like I said not the exact wording but it made me feel comfortable about it.

I think a gift basket would be nice. Let me know when you have more details of what your going to do.

QOTD1: Most unusal gift, I didn't think I had ever done one but then I remembered the pooping reindeer for my oldest.

QOTD2:
I love Christmas movies, so I have lots but my all time favorite is A Christmas Story. Then Little Women, A Wonderful Life, The Bishops Wife, Mircle on 34th and A Year Without a Santa Claus.

I'll take some of the snow everyone else is getting. We were suppose to get some on Monday night but it passed us by. if it's going to be this cold, I want snow too. *pouts*

Hubby started BD. At the rate he's going, I'll let you know how he liked it next year. Conversation as follows:
Monday night:
Me: Where are you at?
K: The reception.
Tuesday nigth:
Me: where are you now?
K: Jacob just showed up.
:roll:

Oleander, my mind works the same way. It always shifts too fast for my mouth, so sometimes I speak a thought that wasn't even being talked about. I have two sons, one with AS and the other ADHD, so we know what we're talking about most of the time. Drives my aunt crazy because she gets lost most of the time in our conversations. Good luck tonight on your date. I know you'll do fine. Your sense of humor is wonderful and he will notice that too.

Oh and Vampman, I love your avi. I can't spell his name but I know it. The dead terrorist. My kids were watching it the other night and of course they sucked me in. I still get a chuckle. He's my favorite of all the characters.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I think I'd like to send a blanket for the gift basket. It would serve as a "blanket apology" in advance for all the nasty things fans might say about the next script. It could be one of those fleece ones and I'll have it embroidered to simply say, "I'm sorry."
Bewitched wrote:QOTD1: Most unusal gift, I didn't think I had ever done one but then I remembered the pooping reindeer for my oldest.
I got that ofr T-pa two years ago. FS is getting cat poop this year. (It's actually a chocolate splat) He likes to steal my phone and change the ring tone to one of himself making a noise that sounds like a cat in heat. Really embarassing standing in line at the post office when your pocket starts shreiking and howling like only those of you with cats can understand. He does a remarkable likeness. His favorite way to ruin any song on the radio is to "meow" it. I told him Santa was going to leave cat poop in his stocking if he didn't knock it off. He's been warned.

QOTD2: I posted on the Hash too. I make sure to watch It's a Wonderful Life every year. I love the both versions of The Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th Street with Maureen O'Hara, and of course all the claymation ones.

FS got his first acceptance today. It's a fall-back school, but the good news is that no matter what happens, we know he won't be living at home and attending junior college next fall! *does the happy dance*
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

Twimom,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I did not realize my words had such an impact! Now I am blushing :oops:
I have made so many friends here on the Lex. Friends that I will always lend my support and ear to when they need it. I pride myself on being a good listener

Also, thank you for the compliment on my sig. I am only still reading Rhage's book but am loving every minute of it. I am digging Bella the Vampire! I will eventually get all of them read and then move on to Psy/Chllng next.

bewitched,

I love Achmed The Dead Terrorist. I lmao whenever I see him. Glad you found him funny too
nima,

DId you ever watch Achmed on the link I sent you?