Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by switzgal »

Well it's understandable that fans that HATE Jacob would want a guy like MC to play him instead of Taylor. For NON-JACOB fans, Taylor is too sweet, nice and cute for their HATED character.
twilightobsessed46
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightobsessed46 »

I love Taylor as Jacob! He is so cute! Many people say that he can't play Jacob in the next movie but I think he can. He may have to go to the gym a few times to get a little more mucsle too portray older Jacob. He can do it!! Look what Zac Efron did.
Aw hell, why can't you stay in my room Edward?
Okay..So yesterday I decided to steel Jacob but I ran into Renesme! Do you know how hard it is do fight a two year old? Ugh...
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

malaz wrote:...wow. how old are you again? And how is Taylor Jacob Black. dude, there's something called a "preference" and last time i checked, he hasn't signed on for new moon.
I get by fine on other threads, but can no one voice their opinions anymore without getting attacked? it's getting beyond ridiculous.

Anyhow to continue with the thread.
I thought Taylor did a good job in twilight. In the three scenes he was in, especially the one with Edward. But the acting was very basic and lacked emotion at times.
One of the things that turns me off about taylor to not continue with new moon is his height. It would be great if they can CGI him but i am not sure Summit is willing to pay. I always imagined jacob to be tall...tall-er than Bella so that he is able to hover over her in this protective way. I imagined jacob to be huge and bella so small. Kristen is fine but she and taylor are practically the same height. and next to Rob...lets not go there, he looks like a boy.
Oh I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating my opinion as well as you.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
DarkMuse
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

switzgal wrote:Well it's understandable that fans that HATE Jacob would want a guy like MC to play him instead of Taylor. For NON-JACOB fans, Taylor is too sweet, nice and cute for their HATED character.
I'd just like to separate myself from this comment. Lol. I hated the character of Jacob until I saw Taylor playing him in Twilight. I don't really love Jacob now, but I do like him more since now Taylor is all I can picture when reading the books.

Team Taycob! Woohoo! I can't stand the thought of MC getting the part. Or anyone other than Taylor for that matter. Taylor could do such a great job in NM if given the chance. Why is there still no news? Gah!

*runs around in a panic chasing the other people that were running around in a panic earlier*
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

switzgal wrote:Well it's understandable that fans that HATE Jacob would want a guy like MC to play him instead of Taylor. For NON-JACOB fans, Taylor is too sweet, nice and cute for their HATED character.
Just out of curiousity, did you do a sample to come to that conclusion?
clearly not. It's no secret i don't like jacob, and it's no secret i don't like bella either. Just because i don't have a strong preference to a character does not mean i do not care about their casting. The jacob and bella character (along with other characters) are very important characters and their portayal should be done to the fullest extent possible that an actor is able to reach.
Michael Copon - and i don't know him personally - but he seems like a very sweet and down to earth guy - you can't see that abviously because you are so attached to "your taycob".
My dislike towards Taylor has nothing to do with the jacob character. And i would happily give you a reason if you want to. I however can not delude myself into thinking he's a horrible guy, I know Taylor is sweet and nice and down-to-earth, but there's just one thing that really annoys me about him, maybe it's my interpretation but it's a reason nonetheless. And the same goes for Jacob as well - i do not like him - but even i got to admit he's a good guy.
To the best of my understanding, even people that dislike jacob want taylor to play him, so your point is contradicting.
and as far as i can tell Michael seems like a good guy too, and i'll be waiting to see who gets the role of jacob for new moon. I am perfectly (almost in taylor's case) content with both actors, but i am rooting for Mike.
Last edited by Amethyst1 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

malaz wrote:twilightbelle<3 -- oh no no, OF COARSE NOT. i was refering to nafereti
i feel horrible, i hope you didn't think it was towards you - well you already thought that..but that's not true, definitely not towards you :oops:

oh yeah i agree though, jacob was a naive kid. I know that. But even though taylor is a good actor, i am not sure he's THAT good, well yeah. I hope, and if he's chosen to continue with the jacob character he brings more emotions and shows all the sides to jacob.
my fault. i didnt mean to make you feel like i was attacking you.

i knew i should have added smiley faces to indicate that.

you can state your opinion & i was doing the same.
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

Hey guys watch this video and on :30 where can I get that picture???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COrem--m ... re=related
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

switzgal wrote:Hey guys watch this video and on :30 where can I get that picture???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COrem--m ... re=related
umm i think you should ask the person that made the video. but that is a good picture.
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

I just thought of this song, it reminds me of the La Push pack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lM3bi-5 ... re=related
Not really the whole song just the chouros.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

runswithwolves wrote:I just thought of this song, it reminds me of the La Push pack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lM3bi-5 ... re=related
Not really the whole song just the chouros.
hey i like that song, it always comes up in TV and i love the lyrics "BIG BAD WOLF"
i agree, it definitely reminds me of la push.