Jacob and Nessie

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by yanjan3 »

at first I didn't really like it... but as long as Jacob's happy.. then I guess, its alright..
Being totally open-minded to the fact that in 6 1/2 yrs she will be fully grown despite being technically the age of 7... but I mean, everything else about her, her body, her mindset, will be 17-20-ish (I think)..
so I think its fine, in my own weird opinion..

hmm.. nobody answered about my question about what their children would be like... :? anybody have any thoughts on that?? human-vamp-wolf hybrid, what would they smell like...??haha :lol:
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

gilaღcantik wrote:I don't mind them having a relationship per say, but what annoys me is how Jacob seemed to decide to take all the parenting roles. It kinda ticked me off how he was still holding onto Renesmee when Bella was having her first hold (which to me if anyone else was touching her at that moment it should've been Edward) and how he was saying to Carlisle "Be perfect doc" and "Guess that's all I can ask" as if Renesmee is only his, not Bella and Edwards baby, or Carlises granddaughter.

Or maybe I'm just the possessive type :lol: Plus I'd get mighty sick of him always being there day in day out, and having to basically go everywhere with Renesmee.
Felt the same way . . . I almost wanted to shout 'she's not actually yours!' but people would have wondered who the hang I was shouting at. :)
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
CharmingBella
Settled in Forks

Post by CharmingBella »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
gilaღcantik wrote:I don't mind them having a relationship per say, but what annoys me is how Jacob seemed to decide to take all the parenting roles. It kinda ticked me off how he was still holding onto Renesmee when Bella was having her first hold (which to me if anyone else was touching her at that moment it should've been Edward) and how he was saying to Carlisle "Be perfect doc" and "Guess that's all I can ask" as if Renesmee is only his, not Bella and Edwards baby, or Carlises granddaughter.

Or maybe I'm just the possessive type :lol: Plus I'd get mighty sick of him always being there day in day out, and having to basically go everywhere with Renesmee.
Felt the same way . . . I almost wanted to shout 'she's not actually yours!' but people would have wondered who the hang I was shouting at. :)

I feel the same way. I like Jacob, but I really don't feel comfortable about his relationship Renesmee. I mean I guess the relationship will grow on me eventually but Jacob being so possesive of her will probably cause a few issuses later on with Bella and Edward. It was pretty disrespectful of Jacob to keep holding onto Renesmee when Bella was holding her for first time. That is a pretty important moment in a mother's life and for Jacob to interfere, worried or not was really inappropriate. I'm kinda suprised Edward didn't step in and say something.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Sure his imprinting is weird..but all I have to say is thank GOD he's done hounding Bella. No more vacillating about her feelings for him, and no more torturing Edward. *celebration*
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
CharmingBella
Settled in Forks

Post by CharmingBella »

twilight1909 wrote:Sure his imprinting is weird..but all I have to say is thank GOD he's done hounding Bella. No more vacillating about her feelings for him, and no more torturing Edward. *celebration*

I also agree with that too.. I mean as much as his imprinting with Renesmee is so weird, at least Bella can have some peace of mind knowing that Jacob won't be fighting with Edward over her anymore. I think in the end it might actually be a good thing that he imprinted with her, because Bella and Edward won't have to worry about Renesmee finding the wrong guy, they know that Jacob will treat her right and treat her the way she deserves to be treated.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

I don't like the imprinting to a degree but was happy that he kinda got his happy ending. But I think it killed his character. I hate that he has to always be around her and I'm sure in time he will learn to control that need. However, i hate that everyone is like giving him(i know he is not actually a person) cr@p. It can be almost compared to Edward trying to protect Bella, everyone just thought that it was reasonable, in this instance he was protecting Renesmee from a threat that was truly there. Yes Bella was her mother but she was a newborn ad very dangerous and the level of control was not yet understood. The thing I hated more was Edward, where the hell was he??? not being a dad. I think that part of Jacob's attachment was because Edward wasn't there. He didn't step in and take his role as the father, of course everyone will say Jacob didn't let him blah blah blah.....but Edward was her FATHER could of taken control but he didn't and that is the truth of it.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
flutterbymonkeys`
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by flutterbymonkeys` »

TeamJacob! wrote:I don't like the imprinting to a degree but was happy that he kinda got his happy ending. But I think it killed his character. I hate that he has to always be around her and I'm sure in time he will learn to control that need. However, i hate that everyone is like giving him(i know he is not actually a person) cr@p. It can be almost compared to Edward trying to protect Bella, everyone just thought that it was reasonable, in this instance he was protecting Renesmee from a threat that was truly there. Yes Bella was her mother but she was a newborn ad very dangerous and the level of control was not yet understood. The thing I hated more was Edward, where the hell was he??? not being a dad. I think that part of Jacob's attachment was because Edward wasn't there. He didn't step in and take his role as the father, of course everyone will say Jacob didn't let him blah blah blah.....but Edward was her FATHER could of taken control but he didn't and that is the truth of it.
Same here. I like that Jacob imprinted and got his happy ending, but I don't like how he handled it.
Lion+Lamb=Lochness Monster!
JN
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I was happy Jacob wasn't going to be an emotional wreck anymore. It was very saddning, yet I wish he had fallen in love on his own and not had magic fix everything
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
blue-eyed-bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by blue-eyed-bella »

leahroselover wrote:I was happy Jacob wasn't going to be an emotional wreck anymore. It was very saddning, yet I wish he had fallen in love on his own and not had magic fix everything
Yeah i definitely agree with that. At first, in Eclipse, when I learned about imprinting I was dying for it to happen to Jacob because then he, Bella, and Edward could all be happy. But I kind of wish he didn't imprint at all and had just fallen out of love with Bella because of her being a vampire/always hurting him/a big arguement could happen etc. Then he wouldn't exactly be perfect but he wouldn't be in agony over Bella and could maybe fall in love on his own. I get the whole imprinting thing but I wasn't totally in love with the idea of magic fixing everything. Jacob always seemed like a strong, independent character to me--like when he left his pack, kissed Bella, ran away at the end of Eclipse, snuck into Bella's room in NM... And then he goes and imprints on Nessie and is like her slave. It reminds me of the Alpha's powers (which i hated. I was so glad Jacob didn't use them when he was Alpha) with the no choice and everything. And Jacob has always made his own choices... whether you agree with them or not, you can't argue that.

I felt like part of Jacob's character was lost when he imprinted on Nessie. I like the idea of Jacob/Nessie, but I wish that maybe Steph had shown their relationship by maybe doing an epilogue like fifteen years later or something and have Jacob and Nessie together. To me, that would just seem more right than the whole magic fixing everything thing.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

Agreed. Or maybe even had him never see Nessie until she was an adult because he left due to Bella and Edward's relationship being too painful to much
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic