Disney Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Disney Movies

Post by roseaurora »

Ah, but have you ever read or heard the original "fairy tales"?

Sleeping Beauty is raped while she is asleep and has twins that suck the poison out of her finger, waking her up. However, the rapist's wife learns of the babies and Sleeping Beauty and tries to kill them and feed 'em to her rapist husband. Bwahahahaha! Now, that is violent! :twisted:

I can't remember where I heard that version, in school at some point. The idea was that back in the day, kids faced all sorts of awful things in their short lives, so nothing was sugar coated the way it is now.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

roseaurora wrote:Ah, but have you ever read or heard the original "fairy tales"?

Sleeping Beauty is raped while she is asleep and has twins that suck the poison out of her finger, waking her up. However, the rapist's wife learns of the babies and Sleeping Beauty and tries to kill them and feed 'em to her rapist husband. Bwahahahaha! Now, that is violent! :twisted:

I can't remember where I heard that version, in school at some point. The idea was that back in the day, kids faced all sorts of awful things in their short lives, so nothing was sugar coated the way it is now.
Wow, I just looked that up and it was so weird! I think I like the Disney and later versions of Sleeping Beauty far better than that! Geesh, that reminds me of Lolita in a way.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Shugo_vampire
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shugo_vampire »

There kinda disney movies cause Disney dubbed them but

1. Howls Moving Castle
2. Spirited Away
3. The Cat Returns
ImageImage
More than Just a Twilight Fan...
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

nicalyrenard wrote:I really miss the old animation style and music from the "old school" disney movies. Maybe I'm weird but I prefer something like Lion King or Pocahontas over Findng Nemo.
You are not alone!

Although i will watch the Disney/Pixar movies, they have nothing on the old style disney movies. Saying that has anyone watched Wall-E? It is fantastic! Really recommend it.

My favourites are Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. But you plonk me in front of any disney cartoon movie and i will watch it. I really wanted Sleeping Beauty for Christmas because i haven't seen it for years and years, but it didn't appear under the tree.

I actually prefer the original movies, not all the sequels they're coming out with now, like Cinderella 3 was, in my opinion, quite poor. But the original...brilliant.

The only one i don't really like is Snow White...don't know why, but i never really got into that one.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Cinderella 3 was so ridiculous!! It took the first movie and made it seem completely unimportant, because essentially it didn't really happen. So stupid! I hated it.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I never watch the "sequels." Like I said, insults to the originals.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I watched the sequel to Cinderella when I was very little and it had first come out, I liked it ok back then, I guess... but now that I look back I realize how horrific it really was... Cinderella II Dream Come True?? Uhhh... And the mouse turns into a human??? No!! *shakes head sadly*

If you pay close attention, there are sooo many hilarious things in the older movies... well, I think they're hilarious... Like in Peter Pan when Captain Hook is looking at his map, searching for Peter... He says something like "He's not at Pirate Cove... what about... Meerhmaihd Lahgoooohn?" (He says Mermaid Lagoon, but he randomly picks up the funniest accent...)
List, Gnat ♥
CharmingBella
Settled in Forks

Post by CharmingBella »

I love all the classic Disney movies. I have been collecting them since I was a little girl. Now that I am 27 and about to become a new mom, I have all these wonderful films to share with my little boy. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

^ Awww, congratulations!!
List, Gnat ♥
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I wish the disney people would read this stuff. But they're probably just off trying to find classics to ruin and talentless people to make into "stars".
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com