Twilight Saga Q&A #2

sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by sophieet »

This morning I was listening to a Twilight podcast from about a year ago (almost to the date). At this point, Breaking Dawn hadn't been released yet; SM was still in the editing process. I don't know the exact source at the moment, but SM did an interview in which she was asked how long she would make the series or how she'd wrap up the series. I don't remember her response verbatim, but she mentioned that she had an outline of ideas for a 5th and 6th book. Does anyone know anything about this? BD ends fairly definitively in my eyes, so does that mean she put those ideas into BD, or is she still planning for a 5th and 6th book, even if it is years down the road?

Also, after I was listening to this podcast, I got to thinking. We know that after someone becomes a werewolf, imprinting occurs at the first sight of the person the werewolf is meant to be with. After Jacob goes through his werewolf transformation and he sees Bella for the first time, it's obvious that he did not imprint on her. Why do you think he continued to try to win her heart all through NM and Eclipse, when he knew it was never meant for him? I know he was in love with her, and it is not so easy to walk away from, but why put Bella through all of the torture of trying to decide between Edward and him, when he knew he'd have to turn his back on her the day he imprinted on someone else? He knew he couldn't force himself to imprint on her, and he always knew her heart was never going to be his, so why keep up the fight he'd never win?
As someone has already said, Stephenie Meyer has finished Bella and Edward's story quite firmly, but she is considering writing books from another character's point of view. I heard her mention somewhere that she's thinking of writing Bree's story (the newborn vampire from Eclipse); about how she was turned into a vampire by Victoria, how she had to fight in Victoria's 'army' and eventually the fight scene in Eclipse where she met her end. That should be interesting. :) SM also said not to worry, because Edward and Bella will always have their place; she just thinks that there are other important stories to tell in the world of Twilight. :)

As for your second question, I believe the reason Jacob continued to try to win Bella over throughout most of the books is that, despite many of his fellow werewolfs imprinting, he still believed that imprinting was an incredibly rare occurance. He mentions this the first time he explains imprinting to Bella and even as more and more of the werewolves imprint, I think he continues to believe it to be coincidence that so many of them have and never really expects it to happen to him- he thinks that if he keeps trying with Bella, he could win her over. He probably thought that imprinting would never be a problem for him.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Kirume wrote:Sorry , I have only one question :) :

Aro said Reneesme is half mortal , half immortal .... What does it mean ??? Is she completely immortal ( I mean she can live forever ) or she just stops growing up about physical but will continue growing up about mental or something else ... I can't get it ..
In these books "mortal" and "immortal" doesn't just include living for forever or not. There are a bunch of details included in that title. They sparkle in the sun, don't have a heartbeat, drink blood, etc.

So she is half immortal, she slightly sparkles, will live forever, strong skin, drinks blood, etc.

But she is also half mortal, she has a heartbeat, can eat food, changes for some of her life, has brown eyes, etc.

Does that answer your question? I could try to explain more.
ImageImageImageImageImage
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

They use immortal and vampire almost inter-changeably, so half-immortal means half-vampire.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I`m not through reading all the 88pagest of this thread so I`m not sure if my questions were already asked. sorry if they were but....

- how come Alice didn`t see Bella leaving the hotel to meet James in Twilight.

- How rich do you guys think the cullens are, cause Bella says money means nothing to them or in BD she talks about blowded accounts all over the world.

- does Alice do the cloth shopping for all the cullens or was it just to stock up Bellas closet.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Wow. I've missed so much since my last post.

1. Thanks for pointing out that my concern about diet was invalid, seeing as Jane and the other members of the guard are still quite youthful-looking despite eating "normally." Perhaps it really has to do with activity level. (I doubt that they'd need to hit the treadmill at all, however- they're not getting fat. They're just getting "soft.")

2. Thanks too for pointing out that the Denali coven members are older than Carlisle. I keep thinking about how they say that they are his "extended family" and this (in my mind) paints the picture that they're younger than he is. :)

3. Regarding why Edward didn't off himself- One, he knew how difficult it would be to do (as he knows that Carlisle tried it at first, and failed miserably). Two, he didn't know about the werewolves reappearing in La Push (if you reread Eclipse, it's fairly obvious there- they thought the genetic quirk died out with Ephraim's pack). Three, he most likely wanted it to be done quickly- I'm considering his comment about how Carlisle said it'd be quick.

4. Regarding Rosalie and haircuts- I'm wondering, can they even cut their hair? I mean, everything about them is well-nigh indestructible- I have serious doubts that they'd be able to simply cut hair off.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

cullens_love wrote:- how come Alice didn`t see Bella leaving the hotel to meet James in Twilight.
SImple, in a sense- Bella didn't solidify her decision to go until the opportunity presented itself. She was still doubtful that she could even pull it off- that probably helped cloud Alice's vision since Bella was uncertain about it.
cullens_love wrote:- How rich do you guys think the cullens are, cause Bella says money means nothing to them or in BD she talks about blowded accounts all over the world.
Incredibly rich. I forget where it's mentioned- either in New Moon or Eclipse- but Bella mentions that "...money was just something that accumulated when you have infinite amounts of patience and a sister that can predict trends in the stock market." (approximate quote)
cullens_love wrote:- does Alice do the cloth shopping for all the cullens or was it just to stock up Bellas closet.
I would venture to say that Alice does it all- or at least, the vast majority of it. She does have the advantage of knowing what they'd all want/like. As Edward tells Jacob in Breaking Dawn, Alice doesn't want any of them wearing the same things day after day.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

cullens_love wrote:I`m not through reading all the 88pagest of this thread so I`m not sure if my questions were already asked. sorry if they were but....

- how come Alice didn`t see Bella leaving the hotel to meet James in Twilight.

- How rich do you guys think the cullens are, cause Bella says money means nothing to them or in BD she talks about blowded accounts all over the world.

- does Alice do the cloth shopping for all the cullens or was it just to stock up Bellas closet.
Because it was really the airport she left, and she did she did it too quick for her to see, plus she doesn't see EVERYTHING. She did she Bella get killed by James though.

I think they are more rich than anybody else (not including the vulturi and stuff)

All the Cullens.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

Oh ! Thank you so much :) now I can feel better :)) ...

And this is another question :

- Why can Alice run away from Cullens ? Isn't Edward a mind-reading so why can't he hear Alice's thought or Jasper's thought ??

- What are Alice's , Rosalie's , Jasper's , Esme's , Carlis's preys ??

Sorry if I made so many mistakes ... I still don't completely understand 'bout grammar :cry:
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Alice was able to run away because she was trying to keep her thoughts from Edward. She's known him for ~50 years now (I think- someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Edward mentions this number) and so she knows he can only "hear" surface thoughts. Keeping her head otherwise occupied prevents him from hearing what she doesn't want him to hear.

It's how she kept him from knowing Bella's idea regarding the newborns in Eclipse, and how she was able to keep Bella's wedding dress (and the image of Bella in it) from him as well in Breaking Dawn.

As for the other's prey- that hasn't been explicitly stated, so I can't say for certain.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

There's an entire thread to discuss the Cullens' animal preferences though, so go there to read people's guesses, Kirume
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|