Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by fanMNM »

I admire all of you who write! I took a creative writing course in college and was mortified...(it was required and I love reading but had never tried writing, so to share my first attempt with a classroom of students I didn't know...ahhhh! I freaked out about it).

Since then, I've tried writing several times...I get to abotu page 32 and then think of a whole new way to tell the story (a better way...lol) and I start all over. I think I have like 10 stories that are all on page 30-50!! I guess I just don't have the attention span for it...

Thank you Naureen!!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

fanNMN I was the same way (writing 30-40 pages and then dropping it) for years, then i challenged myself with the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) challenge and it forced me to go beyond 30-40 pages. It helps if you like the people you're writing about.

I was giddy when I saw that twimom listed my book as one of hers to count toward the challenge on Shelfari! thanks Kindred!

I was going to post this over on the BDB thread, but figured i'd post it here instead: someone has put in a baby powder-scented room deodorizer in the bathroom here at work so every time i walk in I expect to either see a Lesser standing there washing his hands or a Brother in there taking a Lesser out. (I wish I could walk in and find a Brother in there...it would make going to the bathroom a much more exciting and smutty place to be!) It makes me giggle and since no one here has read any of the books so they don't see the humour in it. One of the managers has my BDB books now...can't wait until she reads them.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

oleander wrote:I was going to post this over on the BDB thread, but figured i'd post it here instead: someone has put in a baby powder-scented room deodorizer in the bathroom here at work so every time i walk in I expect to either see a Lesser standing there washing his hands or a Brother in there taking a Lesser out. (I wish I could walk in and find a Brother in there...it would make going to the bathroom a much more exciting and smutty place to be!) It makes me giggle and since no one here has read any of the books so they don't see the humour in it. One of the managers has my BDB books now...can't wait until she reads them.
Oh MY! Course, to a Brother a restroom seems to have a WHOLE other use (remember the club)!! :twisted: I would giggle every time I go in. It's bad enough when I'm shopping and pass something or someone that strongly smells of baby powder...I think to myself...should I run and scream for a Brother or get out my black handled dagger and just take him out. :twisted: Then reality slaps me quite quickly and I go on shopping...hopefully the blush isn't super noticeable. :oops: Oh, those brothers...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Lee: I've always wondered what the smut writers feel about the baking scenes and whether they really do write them or have someone write it for them? By the way, your book sounds like my cup of tea. ;)
oleander wrote:(I wish I could walk in and find a Brother in there...it would make going to the bathroom a much more exciting and smutty place to be!)
My mind must be in the gutter because I immediately thought of Jane and V in the bathroom. :oops: :twisted:

Una- Congrats on the 1,000 post!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

CG The very first time I post in WEEKS and I am so happy to be snickering with you because I thought of Jane and V too :twisted:
Ahhh...I missed the gutter! So glad to see you still lurking around Leelan, CG, Una, Spooky, Twimom :D
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I was getting people ready for a skit at work and pouring baby powder in their hair when I stood and loudly proclaimed ""now I smell like I'm surrounded by lessers!" - naturally, most people looked like I was cracked, except for the ones that have read BDB.
I just want some of those extra large bathrooms that some of those people have. A few threads ago, we talked about our ideal bathrooms and size was an important consideration. Did we ever mention bedrooms? I know Edward's room in the movie didn't look right because it was too small and untidy. Many of the beds in all sorts of books are king-size. Any other requirements other than a big bed?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Bedroom requirements:
Big Bed with soft sheets and big comforter when it is cold (crisp sheets in the summer when it is hot)
Big walk in closet
Big bathroom attached to the room
Oversized chair/lounge chair/ couch, something to sit on with a nice lamp to read.
CD player

(This one is not a requirement, but would be nice in my opinion) A decent sized tv/with DVD player. I often like to watch movies with GM in bed.

(I will let you guys think of more guttery things, my mind seems to be out of the gutter right now.)

Oleander, I am proud of you for writing for yourself and your own enjoyment. It seems like that is what several author's have said, that you have to do it for yourself first. Your book sounds interesting and if it is ever published I will run to Borders and buy the first copy.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I must confess...all this talk about writing. I wrote a "book" when I was in 8th or 9th grade...by hand. I kept it in a 3-inch binder. I wrote late at night so my mom wouldn't know. I had just seen "Anne of Green Gables" for the first time and was obsessed with it. *sigh* I kind of made my own story about a girl who was growing up in a large family during that time, only they lived here in the States. I let my very close girlfriends read it, and that was all. I started on a second book, but never finished it. Senior Year and then college got in the way. I finally threw them away about 6 years ago.

I was struck with the writing bug my Junior and Senior Years in highschool. We had lots of assignments. We had to write a story for Junior English and read it in front of the class. I won the Creative Writing Award for that.

Ahhhh, bedroom requirements:
~King-sized bed (I HAVE to have my space)
~High-count cotton sheets...after years of sleeping on cheap ones, I splurged one day and haven't gone back.
~Tv
~Electric blanket
~My bridal portrait
~various gutter/baking-related items which shall remain nameless :lol:

Oleander- I'd like to read your book.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac, you'll have to house sit for me sometime. You just described my bedroom/bath/closet. I can brag - we've been married 20 years and after moving all over the country and living in everything from a duplex with rust carpet next to the railroad tracks to an apartment the police used for a stakeout when we were out of town...yeah, we've earned this house. We built it about three years ago and I've barely begun decorating it. T-pa loves to pick on me about that since I stage homes for a living. I can decorate and declutter other people's homes, just not my own. I did get a major decluttering project done yesterday and I'm still patting myself on the back about that.

My bedroom has a bank of windows that looks out into the tree tops of the backyard. I have a gas fireplace with a plasma TV over the mantle. There is a DVD/CD player. I have a queen size sleigh/platform bed because kings are just a little too big to be cozy. We have a pillow top mattress though with 1000 count sheets. The night stand comfortably holds lots of smut. The walk-in closet has a window in it. It's the size of our bedroom in the place we lived while T-pa was in grad school. We had a California Closets system installed not long after we moved in. It has wood floors and an upholstered bench. I have a glass enclosed shower with three benches and two shower heads in the bathroom and a jacuzzi tub that's separate. I designed this stained glass window to go above it. Next to the bank of windows in the bedroom is an I-Joy massage chair and leg massager foot rest. There is a sitting room with French doors off the bedroom, but I use it as my craft room. T-pa wants it back as a sitting room, but since we can watch TV from the bed, he can't have it.

QOTD: What's your ideal bedroom?
I guess if there was anything I wanted to add, it would be a huge super soft, silk Artisan rug that complimented the blue-gray and gold colors in the room. I just put up dark blue-gray silk drapes over Christmas.

BSL, I wrote a "book" about that same age. Mine was all about a misunderstood girl and her clothes. Seriously, what was important to me at that age??? I haven't written in years, but if I did, I suspect it would be very Erma Bombeck. I suppose that's why a blog is probably better suited for me. I just like to do little slices of life that are funny to me, like the ad when I sold my car, or when the teens wanted money for Homecoming and we made them grovel.
Last edited by nissanmama on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

nissanmama wrote:bac, you'll have to house sit for me sometime. You just described my bedroom/bath/closet.
You are killing me! You are absolutely right, you deserve to have what you dream, we all do. I am glad you are at a place where you can do that. Of course, in a few years, hopefully I will be in a place to do that too. And if not, there is always the occasional hotel stays that make me feel like I am in a dream.

A few years ago, GM and I took a weekend at the Four Seasons in Houston. It was beautiful (although it was in downtown Houston..not the most picturesque). Wow, we were pretending to be rich (not really, but with the money we spent you would think that we were). We even had brunch and didn't ask how much it was. $150 later.... Who pays $70 a piece for Sunday Brunch?! It was good, but not that good. At that point we could only laugh. Yeah, we were pretending to be rich.
by Laniyeah on photobucket