Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 8 ~ Temper

Post by Alphie »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Temper

Post by AgentCross »

Alphie wrote:1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?

1. Yeah, I thought Jacob was gonna imprint on Bella though.

2. Seemingly any myth or legend could be true in some form. Bigfoot and some such.

3. No, it didn't... I wasn't the biggest Fan of Jacob at this point... so it didn't surprise me at all that he would rather have Bella dead then a Vampire and at the time I think he meant it. It was only after he thought about it that he regret it and tried to take it back. If I was Jacob I would of been supportive of her choices as long as she had thought them out and truly wanted it.

4. I don't think he was teasing her, he was being thoughtful and bought her the bed so she wouldn't need to sleep on the couch. He only did the whole "You can't do this on a couch" bit because she wasn't using the bed. My point is Edward is with Bella in her bed all the time, it's not like them being in bed was a unique situation.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? I sincerely hoped that he would imprint! I have always been Team Edward, but I wanted Jake to get his happy ending, too.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be? I don't know about this one. I didn't really thing anything of it. No other legends had been mentioned yet.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob? No. I was a bit shocked that he would say something so hurtful to her, tho.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? No. He is in Bella's room almost every night. He sees her dreaming, and knows she gets restless and moves alot. She'd probably end up on the floor if she had a bad dream, and he'd feel bad about that.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. No, mainly because he still like, or is in love, with Bella.

2. The legends mentionedjust confused me. I guess maybe legends of other "creatures", I have no idea really.

3. Well, if I wereJacob, and acted like him too, since I have different opinions, I would be very upset. I would also start to argue pointing out various bad things that could happen. I would just be upset.

4. I thought it was kind of mean. He should know Bella enough to understand that she doesn't want someone to buy the bed just because she stayed the night, and then he kept it. There was no point for it, in my opinion.
GottaLoveCullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by GottaLoveCullenx3 »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? I didn't. I wanted Jacob to get his happy ending, but I didn't expect him too. I knew he wasnt going to imprint on Bella, though.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be? Oh geez, who knows. There couldn't be too much more or the werewolf story would be too intricate and hard to follow.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob? okay, seriously, jacob got annoying here. it doesnt take an idiot to see how in love with edward bella is! if you knew about Edward's secret, you shouldnt expect her to stay human.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? uhh, here's the thing. HE BOUGHT THE BED SO THAT BELLA WOULD HAVE SOMEWHERE TO SLEEP WHEN ALICE WAS HOLDING HER HOSTAGE! not because he wanted to tease her! he was totally justified to buying the bed. they share a bed EVERY NIGHT. nothing new.
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
I didn't really think about it, but I sure hoped so so the whole love triangle thing could hurry up and end already.

Meh. I have no idea.

He was a jerk... as usual. He tends to lash out when things don't go his way. The whole "I'd rather you be dead" reaction was way over the top and made me dislike him even more.

I don't think the purchase was intended to tease her. I think he knew she'd be at his house a lot more often, and so he bought it. I did, however, think it would eventually come into use (ahem).
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

At that point in the story, I didn't know. I was hoping that he would find someone because as much as he was in love with Bella, she obviously wasn't the one for him because he did not imprint on her.

Got me on that one!

It didn't surprise me. Deep down he probably knew that it was coming. He just didn't realize that it would come so soon. He shouldn't be so quick to shut her out of his life though. I can understand his reaction, his lashing out at Bella but I'm sure in retrospect he couldn't have felt to great about acting how he did.

I looked at it a different way I guess. They always plan on being with her and she isn't always going to live Charlie. I thought of it more as he was trying to give her all the comforts of a normal home that he can. I don't think that he ever meant it in a "teasing" way.
sarah-belle
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by sarah-belle »

Nope. Not once did I ever count on Jacob imprinting. I was really hoping he would fall in love.

Umm..I don't know. There were so many, I can't even remember them all.

No, not really. It was kind of expected, in my opinion. I mean, he just found out that the girl he loved was going to become his worst enemy. I didn't really expect him to react calmly. Of course, I think he may have taken it a little too far, but hey, he's a teenager, it's what we do :roll:

Nah, I think he was just trying to make Bella feel more comfortable at his house. And plus, this is Edward; you can't expect him to make Bella sleep on a couch. Imagine the HORROR of that! :roll:
Image Image
Are we wasting time or is it wasting us?
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? yes, but never in a million years would i have guessed who he did imprint on.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be? that legends never die??? idk.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob? not at all. he despises vampires, so his reaction was pretty obvious. i would have reacted the same way if i were him.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? i really think he bought it for her comfort, and maybe just to do a little making out.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

no honestly, i expected t to take awhile for him. him being the most special, yet most difficult of the pack.

i really have no idea. other supernatural things? i dont remember.

he was rude really. he freaked out and couldnt see that this was inevitable.

he bought it for her, it wasnt intended to tease her, he must have assumed there would be times she needed to sleep there, and also, it's comfortable for them. even if they can't be totally intimate, it's nicer than sitting on a couch.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3