Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Some random person came up to me the other day during lunch and said, "Oh. My. Gosh! Your hair looks so soft! Can I touch it?!" :? I was like, "Um....Ok?" She sat there and petted my hair for a minute and left. It was extremely weird.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

urcoolcarrie wrote:Some random person came up to me the other day during lunch and said, "Oh. My. Gosh! Your hair looks so soft! Can I touch it?!" :? I was like, "Um....Ok?" She sat there and petted my hair for a minute and left. It was extremely weird.
Copy cat! :P
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

well i always wear my hair in a ponytail cuz im too lazy to straighten it and all that jazz, so i never compliments on it. and theres another reason why i wear it up--my hair is dry and frizzy and gross, so yeah...

today me and my friend were in gym class, down at the school's weight room. we were being our usual lazy selves and were sitting around doing nothing while everyone else worked out. anyway. she says "ya know, i can definitely tell you're wearing makeup, but you put it on really good." .....i always think my makeup looks like crap, but whatever.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

A girl told me that I had a 'British' sense of humor once. I was like... da fu-- ?

So I asked someone what it was and they said it was a dry sense of humor and they made it sound like such a bad thing and laughed at me and I was confused because I have an awesome sense of humor!

But then I did some proper research on it and realized that my humor is, in fact as dry as a desert.
And I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)
Last edited by Black on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Some kid in one of my classes

"You're bow looks really pretty today, but at least I don't wear weird belts."

Ummm...?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

k I don't know if others would find this weird if it happened to them. but I found it weird. I get compliments on my hair. there's this girl I go to church w/who loves to play with it and run her hands through it. according to her it's very beautiful, soft, thick, and just great hair. to me because it's so thick it can be a real pain. it's gets tangled very easily (when it's windy, when it gets wet, just wearing a jacket will make it tangle up) and it can really bug me sometimes. the last time I got it trimed the girl who cut it said at least 4 times "man you have a lot of hair!" (and I already knew this of course.) and I know I'm lucky because most of the time I just have to run a brush through it & it looks good. so yes I get compliments on my hair.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

IHOP with my sisters about two years ago and the waitress told us "You three look just like those Bratz dolls, not because you have big heads, you're just so cute with those huge eyes" It was kind of awkward

And the other day my friend told me he's trying to stop....self service...but to do so he can't hang out with any hot chicks which means he can't take me down to the gun range this weekend. Yeah even more awkward than the waitress' comment.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:IHOP with my sisters about two years ago and the waitress told us "You three look just like those Bratz dolls, not because you have big heads, you're just so cute with those huge eyes" It was kind of awkward

And the other day my friend told me he's trying to stop....self service...but to do so he can't hang out with any hot chicks which means he can't take me down to the gun range this weekend. Yeah even more awkward than the waitress' comment.
wow those are very strange and awkward.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Me: That'll be $7.22
Creepy Old Guy Customer: I have the .22 cents. You know why I'm giving you the change?
Me: You don't want any extra.
COGC: I don't want any extra. *pulls out his change* Take what you like.
Me: If you had a $50 bill I'd be helping myself to that.
COGC: Honey, if I had a $50 bill you'd be coming home with me.

~*~

Drunk Old Man: Honey, I just wanted to come over and tell you how beautiful you are.
Me: Uh, thank you.
Drunk Old Man: I see you in here all the time and I just wanted to tell you that.
Me: Uh, thank you.
Drunk Old Man: I also wanted to tell you if I was 20 years younger I'd be all over you.

----------------------

Why is it I always creepy old guys hitting on me?!
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

^^That is even more awkward and creepifying than the strange compliments I have gotten from work.

Seriously it's like they think we're harlots or something.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.