Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
AllTimeLow
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob Black

Post by AllTimeLow »

I like Jacob.. For me, he seems like a much better character than Edward. Jacob is more human and would be like the best friend you never met. Edward, on the other hand, would be more like the hot guy who's really just a bit annoying..
But that's just me..
RAWR!

AlexanderWilliamGaskarth<3

alex.
rian.
jack.
zack.
my heroes <3
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

hahaha i must agree, although i do like edward, but jacob is so real, he's attainable you know? like, boys like jacob DO exist.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:hahaha i must agree, although i do like edward, but jacob is so real, he's attainable you know? like, boys like jacob DO exist.
you know, it's kind of funny. after reading midnight sun Edward seems more human and troubled than i've ever noticed and what Bella views him as 'perfect' is certainly not true.
Though i do agree, some aspects of him are like impossible to find in any guy. :cry: :cry:

it's also sort of funny because some of the traits i want in a guy, jacob has them. and yet he doesn't even appeal to me in the books or that way at all >_____>>
I haven't met a jacob yet, though if i do. I'll wrap him in a box with a big red bow and send him to you holdingoutforjacob...hahahah :lol:
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well, i think the difference is this. edward is not of this century. he's barely of the last century. sure, he's acclimated to the modern world incredibly, but in his heart he's still a kid from the early twentieth century. there's no possibility of any of finding someone like that you know?? plus, i'm not sure if love like edward's and bella's exists in the real world, nor am i sure that it should. the way that it becomes the center of their lives isn't realistic, it's not healthy, and so i think that that might be why jacob and bella's relationship, or the one they could have had, seems more real to me.

haha thank you so much malaz!

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

oh, i am not looking for an exact edward cullen from the 20th century. that would be AMAZING if i get that in my life but i know it's impossible. like a might-never-happen sort of thing. I am not holding out for that because i am well aware it couldn't happen, and after all how many edward cullens are there? just one that exists in the best book ever.
Edward's and Bella's love, like you said, does not exist and shouldn't, espically if both people are human. What makes their love for me okay though is that their world is irrational, and it's capable of a lot of things so it makes it seem more normal to exist in that particular super ordinate vampire world, y'know, it blends in well.

I mean, a human, like Charlie who views their relationship from the outside and thinks edward is just a mere human and basically is unaware of alot of things finds their relationship unhealthy and it is in a lot of ways but again, as the reader we are aware of everything so their relationship is justfied to me because of what their lives are filled with.

Jacob's and Bella's relationship isn't bad either and i would love to have something like it but it's kind of hard after so many pages for me reading about them being bestfriends--i can't see them that way but if they had that romantic relationship, it would be really great and you know, even ideal.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i completely and totally agree with everything you just said.

i think that it's interesting that SM shows two ideals in one book, the sensical and that non sensical. bella has the opportunity to experience a truly human relationship, and the opportunity to experience a truly other-worldly one, but it's important for the reader to realize that it's not realistic. it's sort of like in peter pan, you know, in the end, wendy can stay and never grow up, or leave and grow up, but have the opportunity to experience things she wouldn't otherwise. obviously, one choice can never happen, but the other can.

carmabelle
Settled in Forks

Post by carmabelle »

i really really love the character Jacob Black, i think it is how he hept his promise to Bella through to the very end. He is my favorite character, i want a guy just like him ,he just has such a fun personality........ anyway i'm still team Switzerland
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I have a quick question, and I'm interested to hear everybody's answer!

I have started a Jacob Black fanfiction. In Eclipse, Jake tells Bella that it's possible to love more than one person. It sounded as if he were speaking from experience (which he probably was, considering the whole pack-mind-reading-thing). Now, Sam was in love with Leah Clearwater, correct? Once he imprinted on her cousin, Emily, he broke every promise he made to Leah and feels really guilty about it. Is it because he still loves Leah, as well, but it can't compare to his love for Emily? Or is it because it's just that: he feels guilty?

How do you think the whole imprinting thing works? Does it erase all of their romantic feelings for people they were in love with previously, i.e. Jacob for Bella, or does it not? What do you think?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i think jacob still LOVES bella, but he's not IN love with her. i think it's the same for sam. although i don't think jake was speaking out of personal experience.

personally, i think that when you have intense feelings for someone over a long period of time, they don't just go away. they can turn from intense love into intense dislike, or intense friendship type love. i think that's what happens when you imprint.

i hope that answers your question! i'd love to read your fanfic when you are done!

Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Another view on imprinting can be found at the end of Book II in Breaking Dawn where Jacob said that every tie he felt to the world before seeing Renesmee was cut, and he was now anchored to her. (BD p. 360) I'd study that page to learn more about how imprinting feels.

Personally, I don't think Sam loves Leah any more. He cares about her, he wants her to find happiness, but he doesn't have more love for her than for any of his brothers. More guilt, absolutely, but not more love.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."