Chapter 15: Tick Tock

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 15: Tick Tock

Post by Alphie »

Special thanks to Una for her help with this!

1. If being around Bella is so uncomfortable for Jacob, why does he keep putting himself in this situation? Why can’t he tell Bella, no? And why can’t Bella, knowing how it makes Jacob feel, let him go?

2. Do think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella?

3. What ramifications do the coincidences between Jacob and the baby have? Could there be a deeper meaning or connection?

4. Do you think Bella is being reasonable or even realistic in her plans for keeping Charlie in her life? Not taking into account later chapters, what were your feelings when you first read about her plans?

5. After weighing the facts presented by Rosalie about the birth of other babies like this, how do you think they will deliver the baby and do so in the hopes that Bella can survive?
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 15: Tick Tock

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. If being around Bella is so uncomfortable for Jacob, why does he keep putting himself in this situation? Why can’t he tell Bella, no? And why can’t Bella, knowing how it makes Jacob feel, let him go?
Because staying away or telling Bella no is worse than being there with her. And even though she knows that Jake feels that way, she just cannot let him go.

2. Do think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella?
At times I think one or the other, depending on my mood as I read the book.

3. What ramifications do the coincidences between Jacob and the baby have? Could there be a deeper meaning or connection?
I'm not deep enough to think about things like this.

4. Do you think Bella is being reasonable or even realistic in her plans for keeping Charlie in her life? Not taking into account later chapters, what were your feelings when you first read about her plans?
I just thought to myself, I really really hope she lives through this... :(

5. After weighing the facts presented by Rosalie about the birth of other babies like this, how do you think they will deliver the baby and do so in the hopes that Bella can survive?
I didn't know, but something to do with their teeth or the baby's.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. If being around Bella is so uncomfortable for Jacob, why does he keep putting himself in this situation? Why can’t he tell Bella, no? And why can’t Bella, knowing how it makes Jacob feel, let him go? I think w/Jacob he really is worried about her & wants to make sure she's okay & nothing bad happens to her. (the baby kills her.) But w/Bella I myself was a little mad at her for not letting him go. She's married & pregnant w/Edward's baby she needs to move on.

2. Do think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella? I think she did want to save Bella & she really believes Bella will be fine & they can save her. I think she has at least a friendly love for her (probably not sisterly) and plus she knows how Edward were to react if something were to happen to Bella & she wouldn't want to loose her brother.

3. What ramifications do the coincidences between Jacob and the baby have? Could there be a deeper meaning or connection? I really had no idea on this. I figured it was because they're both half human (I don't see Jacob as human because he's a shapeshifter/werewolf)

4. Do you think Bella is being reasonable or even realistic in her plans for keeping Charlie in her life? Not taking into account later chapters, what were your feelings when you first read about her plans? I agreed that it was a crazy plan. She wouldn't be able to have a normal relationship after she's changed.

5. After weighing the facts presented by Rosalie about the birth of other babies like this, how do you think they will deliver the baby and do so in the hopes that Bella can survive? I really wasn't sure how they were going to do it. I doubted a "normal" human birth would work/do it. But I wasn't smart enought to think beyond that.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jacob loves Bella. He wants to know that she'll be ok, and that's why he can't stay away. And at that point, I think he was afraid that she could die any moment, and he didn't want to leave her. Bella needs Jacob. She knows that it would be better for him if she just let him go, but she just can't. She's married and happy with Edward, but she still loves Jacob as a friend. But she should have let him go, I think.

I am very unsure of this one. I think that Rosalie was concerned about the baby. But at the same time, I think that she didn't want Bella to die. So I think that Rosalie wanted to save her life. I don't think that Carlisle had anything to do with it. They couldn't know that he would manage to save Bella. They had never experieced a pregnancy like that. So the sincerity had to come from Rosalie's knowledge of what Edward would do if Bella died. She wouldn't want Italy all over again.

I couldn't see any deeper meaning behind. Just thought it was because they both were something different. Not quite human, but not un-human either.

Crazy...What would she tell him? There would be no reasonable explanation for her changed appearance. Mainly her eyes and her skin. So I couldn't imagine how they would manage to keep it a secret from Charlie.

I didn't expect a normal birth. The baby would crush her in the process. I figured they would do a C-section in some way.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Jacob is a part of Bella, they have a connection and both need each other. Its too hard for them to be apart.

Ive always thought that Rosalie wanted the baby. Shes never liked Bella, and has thought of her as a burden in the Cullen family.

They are both half-human, but other than I dont really know. That is a tough one!

I thought that her plans were quite silly. I think that she kind of knew herself that things could turn out quite badly, and it was silly building up the hope of Charlie.

Had no idea what to expect! There would be something to do with the babys teeth of course. But I knew she would survive, as there were too many chapters left in BD :)
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Well, Jacob has never really been able to resist Bella has he? He's never exactly been good at staying away from her, even when it's best for him or both of them. And same for Bella... they just don't like to be away from each other. And besides, Bella <i>does</i> have Jacob's soul mate in her stomach.

I'm sure that Rosalie's interest was mainly focused on the baby, but I don't think that Rose completely forgot about Bella... I really do think that Rosalie cares for Bella's safety... and after a while, I think they all began to believe they could save Bella because of Carlisle.

I didn't see a deeper meaning, I just figured that it must be a half and half situation.... half human, half something else.

I didn't think the Cullens would allow it, and if they did, I didn't suspect it to work. I mean humans (except for Bella, the weirdo) are not conditioned to be okay with something that huge and different.

Well, I thought they'd do it C-Section style.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I don't think he can tell her no because he loves her. I also think he keeps coming back because he isn't sure how much longer Bella will survive. He's afraid if he leaves he'll never see her again because she could die at any moment. I also don't think Bella has it in her to tell Jacob to stay away. Bella is afriad that if she tells Jacob to leave that he will. She wants to spend as much time with him as possible because she isn't sure he'll come back once she's changed.

I don't think Rosalie WANTS Bella to die, but if she did I don't think Rosalie would be that broken up about it. So I guess she wants to save them both, but if Bella didn't make it Rosalie would have no problem taking care of the baby. Yes, Rosalie knows Carlisle is capable of saving a person by turning them into a vampire. Between Carlisle's medical training and his ability to transform a person, Bella is in pretty good hands.

If people didn't know that Bella had only been with Edward they might think the baby was Jacob's. I think the genetic connections Jake and the baby have are a bit of foreshadowing for what will happen later and the connection they will have.

Bella has very little family and she knows what it would do to them if she "died" or "disappeared". I think it is risky of her to want to keep Charlie in her life, but I think with the help of the Cullens that she would be able to handle it at some point. I wasn't surprised she wanted to keep Charlie in her life, she loves him and he has become important to her. I honestly thought she'd be able to handle it if the Cullens were helping her because they are so good at controlling themselves.

Well I mean a C-section would be the obvious choice. Carlisle is a doctor so he'll have the training to do so in the safest possible way. Besides the only way to get the baby out of Bella without her being in actual labor is through C-section.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Both seem to take on a junkie like attitude when it comes to the other. They need their fix of each other know that their time may be limited.

And with Bella, I do blame some of not letting Jake go on the baby hormones.

Is their relationship going to be constantly asked in different ways?

I do think it is both with Rose. She wants the baby, and she wants her brother happy. Both girls know what the other wants, and both know that if they do the delivery right, both can live.

The baby had been conceived as a half breed, similar to what Jake was, er from what I can gather. Both had a supernatural gene from the father, and a human gene from the mother.

There was bound to be some kind if relationship between the two.

No, I don't think that it was realistic or reasonable for Bella's plans to keep Charlie in her life. At some point he would know that there was something off with her not aging, and the off vibe she'd be giving.

They would have needed to move fast for the delivery to work. Nothing could go wrong when the child was delivered, or they might have lost Bella.
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

Being around Bella is like an addiction for him. He doesn't want to stay and be around her when she is so sick and weak like this, but he doesn't want to leave her either. It really bugs me that she didn't just leave him alone. I totally understand why Leah goes off on her later.

Rosalie just wants to save the baby, Edward confirms this. I was totally ready for Bella to die and Rosealie take the baby and run.

Bella fights to keep both of them, whether it's healthy for her or not.

Abosolutely not. She knew she would have to give Charlie up when she became a vampire. She was fully aware of that. I thought she had lost her mind.

I never thought Bella would have survived. I really didn't know how they were going to deal with her.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. If being around Bella is so uncomfortable for Jacob, why does he keep putting himself in this situation? Why can’t he tell Bella, no? And why can’t Bella, knowing how it makes Jacob feel, let him go? Well, we know now it was because of Nessie. But at the time, I just thought they were being self-destructive again.

2. Do think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella? I think she wants to save both, because losing Bella would be so much pain for her family. And I think that Rose is being sincere that she thinks they can save Bella.

3. What ramifications do the coincidences between Jacob and the baby have? Could there be a deeper meaning or connection? Well, Jacob did imprint on Nessie, didn't he?

4. Do you think Bella is being reasonable or even realistic in her plans for keeping Charlie in her life? Not taking into account later chapters, what were your feelings when you first read about her plans? I thought she was being crazy. I didn't think she could have him in her life.

5. After weighing the facts presented by Rosalie about the birth of other babies like this, how do you think they will deliver the baby and do so in the hopes that Bella can survive? I thought it would be a nice clean c-section. :lol: Boy, was I wrong!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com