A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 16 ~ Paris

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Should Bella confide in Jacob about Edward, her hallucinations, and her depression? that's a tough one because if she doesn't feel comfortable or feel like it could help I don't think she should.

2. Would it be settling for Bella to hook up with Jacob? Should Bella try to find happiness with Jacob even if she can only give him part of her heart? Yes Bella could never truely be happy w/Jacob. She still loves Edward and the type of love/devotion for Edward is not something that will go away .

3. What about Jacob? He loves Bella despite her strictly platonic feelings towards him, but should he wait out for someone who loves him as much as he loves Bella? He should definitely wait until he finds someone that cares for him deeply and as much as he would love her.

4. How do we factor in the fact that Bella now owes Jacob her life both physically and emotionally? That's what friends do.

5. Is Romeo and Juliet's relationship similar to Edward and Bella's? How is it and how does it differ? It's been so long I don't know! They shouldn't really be together because he's a vampire & she's human......

6. Should Bella have chosen to investigate Carlisle's car? Is her relationship with the Cullens masochistic? I think running into the house w/out looking at the car first was a littl weird just because you wouldn't expect anyone to be in there especially w/the lights off. But then these are sneaky vampires who can break in anywhere... I don't think it's masochistic the only part that hurts is the time she's seperated.

7. How does Bella and Jacob's relationship compare with Bella and Edward's? Which one is "healthier"? Well Bella is deeply and unconditionally in love w/Edward. Healthier? umm I'm very biased and want Bella to be w/Edward forever so I always have to go that way. And it seems to me like it's only unhealthy when they're apart.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

1. Should Bella confide in Jacob about Edward, her hallucinations, and her depression?
No, I don't like Jacob being involved with Bella's and Edward's relationship.. It should be between them only, and not Jacob. Jacob would just think she's gone crazy, and beg her to choose him over Edward.

2. Would it be settling for Bella to hook up with Jacob? Should Bella try to find happiness with Jacob even if she can only give him part of her heart?
No, because she will never be truely happy, and the missing piece will always be lingering. And I would feel utterly horrible for Edward.. seeing them together.. It would hurt so much. And Jacob could always lose interest.. Part of the reason why I think Jacob is totally in love with her is because she loves someone else - a vampire - an enemy.. And Jacob is just a stupid little kid and Bella could do so much better *cough* Edward.

3. What about Jacob? He loves Bella despite her strictly platonic feelings towards him, but should he wait out for someone who loves him as much as he loves Bella?
Yes, he needs to leave Bella alone and go find someone else. HE SHOULD MOVE ON, LIKE HE IS TRYNA MAKE BELLA MOVE ON. YES, HE LOVES HER, BUT HE CAN FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BE REASONABLY HAPPY WITH. I think he is a hypocrite. Stupid pup.

4. How do we factor in the fact that Bella now owes Jacob her life both physically and emotionally?
Dammit.. Jacob just needs to get it through his thick head that Bella doesn't want him llike she wants Edward... So she will just be a friend, but Jacob just has to go on pushing her and pushing her until he makes her more depressed and guilty...

5. Is Romeo and Juliet's relationship similar to Edward and Bella's? How is it and how does it differ?
It's similar because of the true, passionate love, and that they'd die for each other. It's different because theres not a stupid little werewolf named Jacob tryna cause problems for everyone

6. Should Bella have chosen to investigate Carlisle's car? Is her relationship with the Cullens masochistic?
Yeah, I guess she should've, but I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't think of the consequences... i'd just run.. run to the house like I've never run before. No, its not masochistic.. when you want to be with them because you love them. It's not like she doing these things on purpose..

7. How does Bella and Jacob's relationship compare with Bella and Edward's? Which one is "healthier"?
Bella's and Jacobs is just a friendship and he's annoying.. Edward and Bella are in love (and saying they are in love is a weak description for them)... and its the healthiest relationship. Nothing is more healthier than love.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. Should Bella confide in Jacob about Edward, her hallucinations, and her depression?
If Edward had never came back, it would be best for her to talk to someone and feel better, if he had really left she would have to heal.
Going with the storyline as it is though, I'm glad she didn't. It would have only made it harder for him when Edward came back.

2. Would it be settling for Bella to hook up with Jacob? Should Bella try to find happiness with Jacob even if she can only give him part of her heart?
If Edward had never come back, realistically, yes, she should have done the best she could to make him happy, and eventually she would have healed.
But he WAS coming back eventually and I wouldn't want Jake in the way, I'm very stubborn about them not being together.

3. What about Jacob? He loves Bella despite her strictly platonic feelings towards him, but should he wait out for someone who loves him as much as he loves Bella?
Hmm...I never really thought about him giving up on her. It just never seemed like something he would do. I figured he would stubbornly always be there, it would have ruined everything. He also didn't have much of a choice, he wants to be with her, he can't just stop loving her.
4. How do we factor in the fact that Bella now owes Jacob her life both physically and emotionally?
It shows that Jake could protect her and help her.
5. Is Romeo and Juliet's relationship similar to Edward and Bella's? How is it and how does it differ?
It is true love, the strongest thing possible, nothing can stop them from loving each other. Everything seems to be against them, nothing really goes right, with outside forces. They are separated from each other, and they come from different worlds that are hostile towards each other, it is very dangerous for them to love each other.
With Romeo and Juliet, it is a tragedy and they both die. With Edward and Bella, they come close to the same suicide because they are heartbroken by the other's 'death', but he DOES get the message in time and they end up together and happy.
There are so many parallels between the two stories!

6. Should Bella have chosen to investigate Carlisle's car? Is her relationship with the Cullens masochistic?
What else is she supposed to do?? If it was him, how could she NOT go see who it was?? She really has no choice, she could never live with herself if she didn't go see. I guess when she is in so much pain, the pull of them that she just HAS to go investigate really is kinda masochistic. She knows it will cause her pain, but she doesn't welcome the pain, she just deals with it to pay the price of being near them and things that remind her of them.
7. How does Bella and Jacob's relationship compare with Bella and Edward's? Which one is "healthier"?
Bella's and Jacob's isn't nearly as strong, it's more friends..Bella and Edward's is the very greatest true love. Bella's and Jake's might be 'healthier' but in the end, that's not really what matters. The strongest one that is so irrisistible(can't spell..) is the one that will always win, and that just makes the decision even better.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

No, I don't think she should. I think that Jacob (even if he is a good friend) would be very little understanding towards her feelings for Edward. It might just end up hurting them both.

It would definitely be settling to get involved with Jacob. And I don't think she should do that. It would not be fair to either of them. Bella would never be able to give her heart completely to Jacob, since it belongs with Edward. And I suspect that she would be waiting for him the rest of her life, even if she was somewhat content with Jacob.

He should find someone that can love him back. He needs to realize that Bella is broken at this point. And even if she can be put somewhat back together, she will never be whole again without Edward. Jacob deserves someone who loves him too.

Well, they are friends. And I guess Bella will always owe him in some way, but that does not mean that she should be with him because she feels grateful.

Both stories are about true love, a love that is so powerful that they just have to be together no matter if the odds aren't good.

Maybe she should have. But I can understand that she didn't, she must have been so excited to think that one of the Cullens had come back. I would have run straight for the house as well. Her relationship with the Cullens is not masochistic, it is based on love. And she just deals with the fact hanging around them isn't always a walk in the park. She loves all of them.

I really can't answer this one i an un-biased way. For me it is Edward all the way. And the only thing that makes sense is for Bella and Edward to be together. Maybe it would be healthier to with Jacob on a physical level, but then again, he is still a shapeshifter/werewolf... But for peace of mind, happiness and love, Bella needs to be with Edward.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Outside of the Cullens, he's one of the few people she could talk to, if she wanted to without being thrown into a cushioned room.

No, she needs to find Edward.

Wait.

Edward's saved her more.

I don't recall Romeo pushing Juliet away. Actually, it seems more like Juliet is the role of Edward, and Bella is Romeo. Juliet tried to shoo him away, but eventually gave in.

She could have, but whoever was there would've been fast enough to grab her anyways, it really wouldn't have mattered much.

Bella and Edward together is the healthier, because Edward has more control over himself and wouldn't suddenly phase into a large animal that could scar her for life.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

No as Jacob and Edward dont get on. It would only make Jacob angry which isnt good for anyone. Even though they are friends and you should be able to talk about anything, some things and times you just cant. As Jacob doesnt like Edward he may be dismissive if Bella confides in him about these things which would make Bella feel worse.

Bella should find happiness in whatever shape or form it comes in and if being around Jacob makes her happy then I can see why she considers the idea of hooking up with him. However, it would end in tears and pain though as she wouldnt be giving 100% to him as she longs for someone else. Tough decision.

If Bella asked him to make a go of it I doubt Jacob would say no as he likes her too much to pass up the opportunity. He would probably hope that eventually she would love him as much as she loves her, but I think he would be dissapointed in the long run and be hurt.

He wont ever go on about it as if she "owes him one" as he is not like that. Its just made their bond stronger.

It is in a way as its forbidden love that is faced with so many problems. Despite all this though they love each other and cannot stay away. They would rather die than be without each other which is very passionate, like Bella and Edward's relationship.

In theory she should as she is in danger, but she acted on impulse which made her think it was Carlisle. Her relationship with the Cullens isnt masochistic, even though its hard work and painful, as its based on her love for one of the Cullens. She knows it hurts at time but doesnt dwell on those factors. To her she has no choice as she loves Edward.

Bella and Jacob's relationship lacks the passion and hunger (not literally) that hers and Edward's relationship has. Neither is ideally healthy for her as with Jacob she doesnt feel she can give 100% to him and obviously with Edward there is danger and she puts herself in a very vulnerable position because of how much of her feelings etc. he has control over.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i think so. bella should trust jacob more, he will always be there for her.

yes, i think jacob would have been the right choice, had edward not come back.

if he really feels for bella, then no. but if he really is trustworthy and cares for her as much as she does, i dont see why not.

a new connection that will help the relationship. a very positive and good thing, if you ask me.

not very much. i think stephenie described and compared it very well.

yes, the culllens are like family, and you should abandon your family... thats all!

jacobs!!! definetly! but i guess since life is all about taking risks then why not give both a shot?? :lol: 8-)
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Should Bella confide in Jacob about Edward, her hallucinations, and her depression? I didn't think so

2. Would it be settling for Bella to hook up with Jacob? Should Bella try to find happiness with Jacob even if she can only give him part of her heart? YEs she would be settling. It wouldn't be fair to Jacob for her to try to be with him.

3. What about Jacob? He loves Bella despite her strictly platonic feelings towards him, but should he wait out for someone who loves him as much as he loves Bella? I thought Jacob should have never fallen for her he knew she couldn't love him back the way he wanted her to she heart was not there to give.

4. How do we factor in the fact that Bella now owes Jacob her life both physically and emotionally? ?

5. Is Romeo and Juliet's relationship similar to Edward and Bella's? How is it and how does it differ? I don;t remember romeo and Juliet all that well but I don't think they ever doubted there love for one another like bella and edward did

6. Should Bella have chosen to investigate Carlisle's car? Is her relationship with the Cullens masochistic? I would have gone in the house to I'm way to curious. I think she loves all the Cullens not just Edward and if it hurts her to see them because they may leave she'll see them anyway because that's what you do when you love someone.

7. How does Bella and Jacob's relationship compare with Bella and Edward's? Which one is "healthier"? Neither one is Healthy at this point. Edward and Bella don't trust each other and Bella uses Jacob to keep the pain of losing Edward at bay.
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Yes. Anything that will help pull her out of the black hole she's in.

Yes. She'd be settling for second best, and she'd be letting Jacob settle too. I don't think either of them should; Jacob should TRY to get out and find other people instead of being so steadfast on Bella, and Bella... Well, it's obvious that Edward is coming back, so she doesn't need to settle.

Yes. It's healthier for everyone involved.

Well he owes her a lot of reasons for her to be happy to. Maybe they're not fully equals because of him being supernatural, but I don't think that anyone owing anyone is a reason to settle. It's just unhealthy.

Slightly... In the sense that on both sides, there are people supportive and unsupportive (like the Nurse and Mercutio were - Seth, for example, and Alice are; whereas his parents and Tybalt weren't, and Rosalie and Sam aren't) and that causes even mroe problems. But Bella and Edward are smarter; Romeo and Juliet as if they'd lived. Edward would never have been so caught up as to kill her cousin, no matter what - he would have thought it through, because Bella would have meant more to him than his own temper, no matter how understandable Romeo's actions were. And likewise, Bella wouldn't have hatched a plan without letting Edward in on it and making sure that he knew the details before she did it - she knows how prone to overreaction he is. They know each other better and they've kind of got their wits about them more.

Yes, and yes. :lol:

Bella and Edward is true love, end of. Bella and Jacob is friendship esculated out of control. At their best, Bella and Edward is much healthier than Bella and Jacob... At their worse, neither is healthy at all. Though maybe Bella and Jacob is slightly healthier, because it's less dramatic.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

No cause he already thinks she's crazy, and already knows she's depressed.

NO NO NO NO

Yes he should wait Bella is Edwards.

You can give a friend an emotional relationship but the physical stuff is never gonna happen...or atleast i wish it wouldn't.

It's similar in the fact that they're lovers that really don't belong together and that they would both rather die than live with the other one being dead. It differs in the fact that they don't die :D

Yes, and yes

They compair in the fact that she needs them both, in different ways, but she still needs them and i hate to say thing but the realtaionship with Jake is healthier.
**Kathryn**