Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Re: Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified?
Yes they are from a parents point of view, He left Bella and he didn't even so much as said goodbye to anyone. And Bella suffered months of sadness and despair, and he was there to see her suffer through the breakup, no parent wants to see their kids go through what Bella went through. So yeah he justified in feeling the way he feels he wants to make sure that what happened in the past doesn't happen again, plus he doesn't trust Edward anymore not that he did in the past but at least he was on better terms with him.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship?
Yeah my dad didn't want me to get back with my then boyfriend now my husband when we broke up. He said he didn't trust him to do the same thing to me again (brake my heart of course) I guess I took it as bad as Bella did I cried the whole time didn't want to talk really and put everything that reminded me of him away. It took some convincing to get him to let me date him mostly because my mom talked to him and reminded him of his youth and the way he acted so he couldn't object all that much afterwards, so you can see how it ended we've been married for almost 9 years and we dated for 3.

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella.
I can understand how he feels but he was very immature about it. he could have talked to her and let her know how he felt about being her friend now that she was back with Edward.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
In a way yes because he tends to be over protective, I mean Bella knew what she was doing she knew what Jacob and his pack were so it wasn't like she was going there blind. And yes he was concerned about Victoria and not being able to protect her at La Push without breaking the treaty, but he knew how obstinate Bella is and she was damed going to try and go.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?
Not really my dad is not that hip he is very old fashioned the only one he gossips to is my mom and she tells us everything, so there really aren't many secrets in my family, except the ones you really don't want them to know.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified? I'm very torn on this. Yes, because he had to witness Bella go through a really tough time. No, because Edward makes her happy.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship? Nope. Never been in one. :(

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella. I actually thought that it was kind of humorous, since he didn't know what to write, but I felt really bad for Jake because it was like he couldn't really tell her his thoughts.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push? Again, torn on this. He didn't want her to get hurt, but it was like there was an alterior reason that he didn't let her go.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? No.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Yeah, he broke his daughters heart.

Nope.

It was little kidish, a real friend would atleast try.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
Yeah, he was.

No.
**Kathryn**
Cullen4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullen4eva »

yes, he didnt know the whole situation of edwards a vampire and wants to protect bellas soul, so he just knew that edward had hurt bella

yes

i think it was some what justified yet mean. they were justified because yes they are mortal enemies and edward could kill him. yet mean because they were friends.

no

no
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Totally. After what happened to Bella when Edward left her in New Moon, you can understand why Charlie doens't like Edward, or even trust him really. And then if you add the fact that he caused Bella to disapear to Italy for days too, it's surprising that Charlie even lets Edward in the house! So I think Charlie is justified in the way he treats Edwards, because he must be wondering when the next time is gonna be that he will leave/hurt Bella, and Charlie will have to see Bella depressed again.

Nope, don't think so anyway!

It's a bit childish. It kinda annoyed me the first time I read it. I get it tho, why he is doing it, but it still annoyed me lol. I didn't get why he couldn't just be friends with her, or at least talk to her on the phone!

A bit yeah. But I totally understand that he wasn't being nasty about it, he was doing it to protect Bella. He was being a bit unreasonable in the fact that he didn't listen to Bella when she insisted it would be safe, but he just couldn't bear to see her get hurt, especially after what happened in New Moon.

A wee bit yeah :lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Cullen4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullen4eva »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified? umm yes and no. after all bella was very upset after edward left and charlie couldnt help her so he blames edward. and no because bella loves edward and they worked things through so charlie should lighten up

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship? no

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella. i thought they were rude yet justified. hes right they cant be friends cause they are mortal enemies and edward doesnt approve, yet rude because they were friends at one time and he could have said it nicer.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push? no not all. i think he sees emily and doesnt want that to happen to bella, and the werewolves are his mortal enemy.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? no
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but so many people in general think Bella is treated like a child in this book, but they don't realize that she's being stalked by a deranged vampire & her minions and is human. Grr! Sorry. That's my rant when people claim that she's just a damsel in distress. She saves the day in books 2 and 4. (end rant)
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

In a way,.. yes. He doesn't understand and they can't explain it to him. Any dad that would watch their daughter be so emotionally hurt like that by a boyfriend and then the boyfriend just decides to come back one day,.. would not be okay with it. I'm surprised he even lets him in the nose.. ultimatium or not from Bella.

Yes,.. they thought he was too old for me,.. which maybe he was but they learned to love him.

I thought it was pretty sad,.. At first I was like.. I can't believe he's saying those things, you know Charlie read it! But then after I re-read it,.. I realized he didn't really say anything too bad.

Yes! Edward said it right."If I'd never left you, you wouldn't feel the need to go risk your life to comfort a dog." It's true.. She never would have become so close to Jacob if Edward didnt' leave.

No,.. my father doesn't care about other peoples business. He's definitely not a chatty cathy.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I think they are, at least a bit. Charlie had to suffer along with Bella during her depression, and he knows it's Edward's fault. And now he's back? I think Charlie is afraid that if Edward leaves again, Bella will be devastated and that it could be worse. And there is also the fact that Charlie thinks Edward left Bella alone in the woods that day, so...

Not really, they trust me and all.

I didn't know what to think... I was sure Jacob was hurt because of Bella's preference for Edward and vampires, and I thought Bella was just hurting him more.

A little. Bella already had gone to La Push like several times, and was sort of friends with the werewolves, so... but that guy is utterly overprotective.

Hahahaha, no! That's just Billy and Charlie.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Yes, I believe it is, after all that happened.

No.

I could understand him.

Yes. She just spent the entire last book there, so why now not anymore?

:lol: