Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

So ive made some adjustments, can you please tell me what you think?

http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/

And i really need some (public) followers.....*pouts*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Totally following Jazzy's blog now. I have no clue what GOSH is or what Sinterklauss is either, but I love looking at her makeup since I look like a retarded monkey trying to put on my own. I wear very VERY little makeup---just the normal stuff, like foundation and a little blush, sometimes eyeshadow. My eyelashes are HUGE----so I very rarely put on mascara, because they they are super huge---and I have never ever been able to get eyeliner down properly. I always wanted to do that cool thing where the eyeliner comes out from the eye some, all Elvira esque like, but ended up looking totally stupid.

Wishing Jazzy was here to do my makeup right now:(

Still using Lush soap on my face---I have a horrible case of pregnancy acne/rash, so it's the only thing that helps!

Blushing like Bells,
Obs

ps---Rosie---I read TTW and saw the movie too---and yeah, in the book you are like "Ohhhh, how sweet" and in the movie you are sort of like "Um, hmmm, err...akward much?" lol. It works and all, but yeah, I totally was waiting for Chris Hansen (from to catch a predator on NBC) to jump out and nab him in the meadow lol.

Way to go all those who are losing weight---I'm apparently finding it for you.

Love with sloppy kisses,

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@oobs thats sweet of you, but i can't see you as a follower. I cant see becca either. I think you are both following privately or something? :(

oobs, eyeliner is pretty simple...there are 2 tricks:
- use a moist cutip(?) to erase all the stuff that goes wrong, or use it to shape it.
-use tape before you apply eyeshadow and eyeliner. Really, its saves SO much time and its so easy. you'll get the best eyeliner ever.
Watch these vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MissChievous#g/u

Im not really good with makeup....yet. So im hoping ill get more followers for my blog, that way i HAVE to make and post more looks, haha. seriously though, i need followers (and people who leave comments), being an ambassador and all. And im not really sure how to do that. Ive never blogged before, so thats a new challenge.

xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hi lovies!!!

So I missed work today and I am currently in bed with a stomach flu. I hope it's one of those 24 hour ones cuz I neeeeed to go to work tomorrow. (sigh)

ANyways 3 random facts:

1. My best friend since the 6th grade in Lebanon is a guy named ALi who has been completely obsessed with Britney Spears since she became famous. He has everything you can possibly own for her. He is currently trying to buy her ultimate fan box set which costs like $100 and have it shipped overseas to him. He has a fansite for her and has followers on FB and has passed the 10,000 fans mark already. He tries to put Britney in as many projects as possible. His professors are sick of it and threatened to fail him if he doesn't get anything else to use. (THat didnt make a difference!!!). He also doesnt accept anyone else being a better singer/vocalist/performer and if you say it to him, he will burst out with an arguement that makes no sense completely.

2. I found out a couple of years ago that my dad's side of the family are descendents of the prophet Mohamed's family. So we are related by blood and I guess it makes us special, and it also means that we need to be more religious (which is something I'm not completely convinced with at the moment. I'm fine being open minded.) It really doesnt make a difference for me but the fact that the way I practice my religion, my dad always backlashes me with that comment and it makes me only angrier.

3. I try as much as I can to find old or first editions of books that I love. I sometimes also buy different versions of them that are limited editions to collect them. Books are a complete passion of mine and I dream of having a huge personal library one day that I will pass down to my children and grand children.

ANother random thing: I dreamed last night that I was in the car with my second cousin's mom driving down a mountain or high hill. I looked out the window and I saw on a mountain right next to us a storm forming from the sky onto there. It looked like the white lines and swirls that you see during weather forcasts, only it was close and real. I then saw the storm starting and massive snow coming down. THen it snowed heavily where we were driving and my cousin's mom lost control of the car and the car flew off the side road/cliff and we were just going down. I saw her screaming for her life, and I knew I was gonna die. I had a series of thoughts at one time. I thought of how short my life was, what I did in it, and that I knew I was going to hell because I've made many many mistakes in my life, including not practicing religion the right way. And I heard myself say God forgive me. Then everything fades to black and I wake up being so glad I was breathing. I don't know what to think of it. Was it supposed to be a sign like get off your feet and become a better person or what??? I just felt like sharing it with you all.

PS: I'm a good person at heart, very sensitive and caring and generous. Can a person just live and be judged as a good person wih the way they cat or by practicing religion???
And the weirdest thing happened. When I went to the doctor after posting this she talked to me about how you can be a good person without having to prove it for religion. yes you have to practice the basics but it's your actions that count. I kinda took it as a sign, cuz I didnt even ask her or talk to her about anything and she opened up the subject. Weird huh??

Loves
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Okay, so I'm glad someone laughed about me loving Nick Carter----I laugh at myself for that.

Let's see........re-reading Breaking Dawn right now, and for some reason this time I am seeing everything from Jake's point of view. And loving him making fun of Rose. Who is, btw, my least favorite character. But that's another story.

Obs---heard Dallas got a ton of snow----having fun? lol, We got about 2 inches here yesterday, but it's the crappy kind you can't make a snow ball with. *pouts* Now I have nothing to chuck at my brother's head. Really, what's the point of snow without a good knock-down, drag-out, hit your little brother in the face snowball fight???

My brother's cat caught it's SEVENTH mouse today, and I had to fight him to get the corpse away so I could pitch it outside, but my dad finally fixed the whole in our house with a piece of tin so no more will come in. Honestly, you'd think with six cats inside and about eight stray ones outside around our house we wouldn't have ANY mice!

I was watching a tape I have of a mini series that was on a couple years ago called The 10th Kingdom. Evil Stepmother/Witch, Trolls, Giants, every fairy tale you can think of is in this show. I was watching it WHILE reading Breaking Dawn before I went to sleep. Trippy dreams man, very trippy dreams.

To anyone looking for a good fantasy book with lots of SMUT, look for the Merry Gentry books by Laurel Hamilton, who also writes the Anita Blake books. They're great. I loved them. Frost and Doyle are amazing. Read them, read them.

I guess that's all for now my lexlings--love ya!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Obs is ready to BEAT DOWN Jen for first stealing her Jazzy, but now trying to take over Damon Salvatore----you know that man is MINE. Post more often though---I love the banner, and need to see it as often as possible. Rawr!

Nope, no real snow in Dallas. It like slushed a little, but melted immediately after. No good "break your face" snowballs to be had unfortunately. It's cold here today, like in the 30s, and it's been rainy the past two days. All in all perfect weather if you ask me. I like the cold...and the wet. lol.

Janny---I'll look into it tonight and try to follow you around publicly lol. And thanks for the tips---I sure do need them.

Obs is tired and hasn't much to say today other than thank goodness Monday is over. I feel for all you kids (I'm 29 now---so I can say "you kids" and mean it) who are in school with your studying and the staying up late (I sounded like Bill Cosby there). I remember college---well, for the little time I was there----and I'm like the world's worst student EVER. So kudos to those of you out there doing it and doing it and doing it well lol.

And yeah---one day I'll finish college---one day. When journalism degrees actually mean something around here.

Much love,
Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I posted a new FB tag photo on the Lexily group page. It is Twilight themed! yay our favorite!
I tagged all of you I could find on my FB friedns list for the twilight square, so go get started b/c I hate being the one to kick things off with those tagging things.

Now to return to studying...and procrastinating....
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

anyone read "The Strain" by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro?
a friend recommended it and I wonder what you think...

Edit to add:
I took some pictures of my little pup, for those who want to sneak a peek: http://www.familjeliv.se/hem/wingtear/g ... 9eh4zq.jpg we'll use soe of them for x-mas cards
Last edited by Wingtear on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Wingtear wrote:anyone read "The Strain" by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro?

I did. It was definitely a different take on vampires that the brooding/ attractive take that is so popular at the moment. This is back to vampires are monsters. I really enjoyed the writing style and the building of suspense. It is the first in a planned series and I am looking forward to reading what comes next. I say give it a shot, but be ready for something much different and more sinister than Twilight, Sookie, Vamp Diaries, BDB, etc. Its an interesting change of pace for sure!

If you decide to read it, I would love to know what you think, so keep me posted! :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Wingtear wrote:anyone read "The Strain" by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro?

I got it for my bday, but havent read it yet. was to busy with reading series. But i will probably start reading it soon.