Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardsluv
Wandering Through Town

Re: Lines and scenes that you want in Eclipse

Post by edwardsluv »

I like the idea of including Rosalie's back story. I think that the development of her character is an important lead-in to BD. We all know what happens there.

I really hope they put the scene in where Jacob assaults Bella. This was a highly emotional part of the book, at least for me. This shows the other, no longer so sweet, side of Jacob. I felt that, from this point on, Jacob was now in Edward's shoes. In that he loves her, but is able to loose control and hurt (even kill) her. Edward and Alice are constantly warning Bella that the wolves are dangerous to her and this allows us to see that. That was the big reason why Edward tried to stop her from going to the res. and seeing Jacob. Plus, if they show this it will help the non book reading audience understand why Edward did some of the things he did. He had a reason. Just like Jacob had a reason to try to stop Bella from seeing Edward.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

edwardsluv wrote: In that he loves her, but is able to loose control and hurt (even kill) her.
When did Jacob ever hurt or (even kill) Bella in Eclipse? Just wondering. Bella was the one doing all the HURTING to both Jacob and Edward!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?
IT MUST BE EXACTLY THAT OR I'LL CRY! sorry for shouting :oops:

Oh and the whole stand off between Edward and Jacob after Jacob breaks Bella's hand (i.e. She's mine, if you ever bring her back damaged again...)

Pretty much all of Edwards lines. *sigh* I love him <33
When did Jacob ever hurt or (even kill) Bella in Eclipse? Just wondering. Bella was the one doing all the HURTING to both Jacob and Edward!
If he exploded into a wolfy right next to her I think she means.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

switzgal wrote:
edwardsluv wrote: In that he loves her, but is able to loose control and hurt (even kill) her.
Yeah I think she means that he potentially could hurt her, like what happened to Emily by Sam when he phased...

edward x lover wrote:I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?
IT MUST BE EXACTLY THAT OR I'LL CRY! sorry for shouting :oops:
Yep yep yep yep yep.

Exactly like it!! Or I'll be crying with you :lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
edwardsluv
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardsluv »

switzgal wrote:
I didn't mean that he had hurt or killed her. What I meant was that there is the possability that he could loose control and hurt her or kill her. That isn't because he's a bad person or evil. But, because he's a new shapeshifter and not quite in control, yet. When he assaults her, in Eclipse, he was angry and loosing control of his emotions. One of the problems of being a shapeshifter is that they are prone to extreme and uncontrollable emotional outbursts. Kinda like a woman PMSing but to the extreme. :D
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So I just reread Eclipse & I have a lot of lines I loved in the book. Sadly I know not many will make it into the movie, but here's my list! haha

-"I'll never forgive myself for leaving you." Not if I live a hundred thousand years." Edward
-"If I'd never left, you wouldn't feel the need to go risk you life to comfort a dog." Edward
-"I'm really glad Edward didn't kill you. Everythings so much more fun with you around." Emmett
-"There was nothing to forgive. Not even you would blame him for leaving, if you knew the reason why."Bella
-"If you remember I went and got him." Bella
-"Well that just sucks, I guess I"m stuck with Mike Newton after all!" Bella
-"This hostage stuff is fun." Alice
-"I was all braced for the wrath that was going to put grizzlies to shame and this is what I get? I should infuriate you more
often." Edward
-"You can hold me hostage anytime you want." Bella
-"Do you ever think that your life might be easier if you weren't in love with me?" Edward "Maybe. It wouldn't be much of a life though." Bella
-"Amazing.How cansmen so tiny be so annoying?" Edward
"Edward there's no point to forever without you. I wouldn't want one day without you." Bella
-"You held out your hand and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century I felt hope." Jasper
-"That's a nice story. I meant the last part. The happy ending with Alice." Bella. (I think it would be funny to see them all looking at Bella like she's crazy.)
-"Alice has made all the difference. This is a climate I enjoy." Jasper
-"Obviosly you can't that wasn't kissing back, that wa trying to get yo the hell off of me, you idiot." Bella
-"And if you ever kiss her again I will break your jaw for her." Edward
-"Fall down again Bella" Emmett "No Emmett I punched a werewolf in the face." Bella
-"If someone wants one of us they're going to have to go through the rest of us to get to her."Alice
-We have a few advantages dog. It will be an even fight." Jasper
-"You truly are one frightening little monster." Jasper
-"You know, you need to start accepting the fact that I'm part of the family now." Bella "I could probably get used to that idea." Edward
-"I just want it to be official-that you belong to me and no one else. Edward
-"Isabella Swan? I promise to love you forever-every single day of forever. Will you marry me?" Edward
-"You're about to make my life harder than it needs to be Alice.I'd really rather you didn't. Edward
-"Please, Bella, please-if you really love me....Pleas let me do your wedding." Alice
-"I never thought I"d see the day where I'd be willing to take a bet against you Alice, but it has arrived." Bella
-"But I don't count that as a kiss, Jacob. I think of it more as an assault." Bella
-So basically the whole tent scene
-"Between Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde. Between the Jacob I like and the one who annoys the hell out of me." Bella
-This one seems to bring out bizzarly strong reactions in our kind." Jane
-"Part of being a Cullen is being meticulously responsible." Alice
-"Can you still see me becoming a vampire?" Bella "Oh that's easy. Sure I do." Alice
-"Its like Sam and Emily. Jake-I never had a choice. I always knew nothing would change" Bella
-"I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!" Edward
-"Don't worry Bella,it will be perfect. Do you want to see your dress?" Alice
-"These things take time Bella. I mean,I wasn't sure things were going to turn out this way, but there was a distinct possibility..." Alice
"They'll know I chose you and they'll know we're together." Bella
-"You can have happiness your way. My way is always wrong." Edward
-"And I will tie myself to you in every human way, before I ask you to make me immortal." Bella
-"It's a good thing you'e bulletproof. I'm going to need that ring. It's time to tell Charlie." Bella

wow, it is long & that's not even all my favorite lines, I cut it down and just did the ones I really want. :D
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

Lines and scenes that you want in Eclipse

Post by rainbowcrayon »

There are so many, and I loved the book so much that I just cannot decide.
However, what I must, must have in the movie is...
* Escape with Jacob/Stories
* Boys betting on a fight between Jacob and Edward
* The graduation party
* The tent scene
* Bella's "final" visit with Jacob
Everything else I am a bit more open to change, but as I adore Eclipse so much, it had better be done well.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

debussygirl wrote:"Fall down again Bella?"
"No Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face."
That MUST be in there!
And the tent scene with Jacob and Edward, that needs to be there! And a really good engagement scene and a really good fight scene with Seth. :D
Totally agree on all of those! I love that line "No Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face." :lol:
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

No one has mentioned this one... I really want the scene where Alice gives Charlie that guilt trip about being left alone while her family goes "hiking" and she keeps smushing Bella's foot under the table and she has that pathetic look on her face. So funny. :]

Oh and also..

Bella: Stupid, theiving, annoying vampire!
Alice: (Appearing randomly on her windowsill) What did i do?
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote: Bella: Stupid, theiving, annoying vampire!
Alice: (Appearing randomly on her windowsill) What did i do?
One of my favorite quotes of the whole series :)
ImageImageImageImage