Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
texas bottle blonde
Settled in Forks

Texas Bottle Blonde

Post by texas bottle blonde »

Hi folks.

Texas is my adopted state, where I hope to live many, many more years. I was dismissed as a dumb blonde in an ugly email that was sent to me by mistake by the writer. To embarrass him, I began using the alias "Bottle Blonde." See, I'm not a dumb anything. :)

I really like the character of Edward for his beautiful way of speaking and when he shows his happiness and his love for Bella, but my favorite is Dr. Cullen. I was amazed in New Moon where he talked about his faith in God as the driving force of his desire to help people. I believe his character to be unique in Vampire lore, what Louie in Anne Rice's book was not able to grasp in all his searches, that not seeing God is not evidence there is no God. The Vampires of the Rice books are selfish, lost creatures. Mrs. Meyer was genius with Dr. Cullen's character. I did not expect -- at all -- for the books to allow Dr. Cullen to have the desire to go to heaven, to please God, to help people, and particularly to be a medical doctor.

I also love the new mythology for the Vampires, the Volteri, and particularly the way Vampires can have love relationships. It was always assumed someone that would be living forever would want to choose a companion with similar interests, such as male/male or female/female. I always wondered why Count Dracula had wives unless it was for them to bring him "food." So, introducing the power of love also creates the family dynamic and makes them all the more appealing. Most imaginatively, the Cullen family's desire to forego human blood and actually live among humans makes for a new reading experience. The natural progression of that story is certainly, "What if one of them fell in love with a human?"

I'm also very impressed with Robert Pattinson as an actor and how he changes so much becoming Edward. I haven't seen a young actor be able to become the character such as he can in a very long time. I wish him well in his future film choices.

I have enjoyed the whole Twilight phenom and love the Lexicon website.

Big Texas Love,

BB
Last edited by texas bottle blonde on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: Texas Bottle Blonde

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D

Great Name BTW! Really Wicked!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon.

I’m Bronze Haired Girl, more commonly known as BHG, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

Help us get to know you a little better by answering the introduction questions.

Be sure to check out the Newcomer’s Guide to the Twilight Lexicon 2.0 for a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

Read the Posting Regulations so that you do not unknowingly break the rules.

If you have any questions you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green.

Get to know our Elders Council and Moderator team by reading our introduction posts. These can be found at the top of the New Kids forum.

Elders Council (the lovely ladies who created this place and keep it running)

Alphie
Pel

Moderators

BHG
Nena
Una
bac
December (doesn’t have an intro post…yet)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
texas bottle blonde
Settled in Forks

I got carried away and didn't finish answering all the intro questions, so here is more about TBB.

Who is your favorite minor character?

I hate to even consider her "minor" I wish we had more info on Esme as I am drawn to her motherly instinct.

What are your hobbies?

Of course, I love to read. I own a small publishing company for historical nonfiction and get to read really fascinating stories. Music is a passion. I also sew, cook and all the traditional girlie home activities. And I'm a total computer nerd.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

I was born in Louisiana -- GO SAINTS! -- but in the last 20 years or so I have moved around quite a bit due to jobs. I really am happy in Texas, we've been here nine years.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

50's

Anything else you would like to share.

My little girl loves the Phantom of the Opera so I'm hoping for "Twilight: The Musical" on Broadway. (LOL)
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello BottleBlonde
I'm Anto21, I live in Italy....

I'm new in the forum too, and I'm happy to "meet" so many fans of the Twilight saga and share with them my passion.

See you around :)
look after my heart, I've left it with you
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

hey! welcome to the lex! hope to see you around! :D
Betting on Alice.
texas bottle blonde
Settled in Forks

Thank you all for welcoming me. I really appreciate it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

I too am a fan of Robert Pattison. I think he does an amazing job as Edward & hope he has a bright future ahead of him outsid of the Twilight films.

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

And if you would like to you can join us on the Team Edward thread, Team Carlisle thread and [urlhttp://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5147]Team Esme thread[/url] where we discuss them & you will find other fans of them!

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM