Another New "Kid"

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bustown24
Settled in Forks

Another New "Kid"

Post by bustown24 »

Hi, I just signed up as I had been reading the forum for awhile and figured I might as well become a member. For the record I am also a guy, so I know I'm in a minority here, but I am just fine with that. :)

How did you pick your screen name?
Well, it is a reference to the town I live in, and the number would be that of my favorite baseball player.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
Good question! I was really late to this party. And I will try to keep this short, but might ramble. I first heard about Twilight some time ago from the girl who I was dating at the time. I am not, and have never been a reader, so I really wasn't that interested. But I remember her telling me things that I sort of dismissed, that now I totally find myself doing, like checking out Stephenie's playlists for the books, and reading all her extras and outtakes. So, what happened was, and this is embarassing, but I was at home one day, and somehow started watching a movie on Lifetime called Speak, starring one Kristen Stewart, and I sort of became enthralled by her personality in the movie. I looked it up on Wikipedia and found out it was filmed in my hometown, actually the house in the movie is two streets over from where I lived at the time of the filming and where my parents still live, but somehow I did not know a movie was being filmed practiacally next door. So anyways, when I was on Wikipedia, I noticed that it said that Kristen was going to be in the Twilight movies. I mentioned this to my girflriend as it was sort of a weird coidence as this was not long after she first told me about it. Soon after, her and I caught the film Adventureland, so to be completley honest, it was Kristen Stewart who actually got me into it, as I like her acting (I know that might shock some), so eventually, flash forward to like the week New Moon the movie came out, I got Twilight from the library, and convinced two friends to watch it with me. I liked it a lot, and found another friend to go see New Moon with me in the theater. The night I got home from seeing New Moon, I started reading Eclipse, and breezed through it and Breaking Dawn in no time. After that, I went back to the begining and read Twilight and New Moon. I know thats probably not the conventional way of doing it, but thats how it worked for me, and as a non-reader with a poor imigiantion, I think I needed to see a visual representation of the charecters to aid me in my reading. Haha, I know thats a lot of information, but that is how it happened. ... As for which is my favorite, I will have to get back to you on that. I need to read them again, they all sort of blur together in my mind, and all have elements I love. But I will go with Eclipse for now.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Bella is my favorite, but I would be a member of Team Edward if that was the question.

Who is your favorite minor character?
I would have to say Alice.

What are your hobbies?
I love baseball, college football and basketball, and listening to my favorite music. I also walk a lot, for fun and excersize, on a daily basis.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Ohio

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
mid-20's

Anything else you would like to share.
Happy to be here, thanks for having me!
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: Another New "Kid"

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Hi !
I'm Shauni it's nice to meet you! I Hope you have fun around here. I'll see you around the boards!
And I really really loove Kristen's acting, and there are many other people around here that like her too, so you're not alone:D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

hey! welcome to the lex! :D
Betting on Alice.
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon.

I’m Bronze Haired Girl, more commonly known as BHG, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

Be sure to check out the Newcomer’s Guide to the Twilight Lexicon 2.0 for a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

Read the Posting Regulations so that you do not unknowingly break the rules.

If you have any questions you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green.

Get to know our Elders Council and Moderator team by reading our introduction posts. These can be found at the top of the New Kids forum.

Elders Council (the lovely ladies who created this place and keep it running)

Alphie
Pel

Moderators

BHG
Nena
Una
bac
December (doesn’t have an intro post…yet)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

Yay a new Twilight guy, that's awesome! (And one that's Team Edward that's even cooler) If you would like to come join us on the Team Alice thread where we discuss that wonderful spunky loveable girl.

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Welcome to the Lex!
I'm Kenzie. =D

By the way, I love Kristen's acting as well.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex!
Have fun and I'll see you around the boards!