Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 16 ~ Epoch

Post by futurevampire »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?
I wasn't really surprised by anything in the book...I never really paid much attention to the plot or worried about it at all...whenever I reread it I'm not like "oh no, newborns, they're all gonna die." For some reason I never paid attention to any of that in this book and the hugeness of what was happening didn't seem to click with me...I'm sorry this makes no sense. :P
2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?
That's just what Jess does, or really what a lot of people do...you're all excited and you don't care that you're mad at someone...you just turn to the nearest person and flip out. I think it's nice that she kind of forgave Bella. I would have done the same thing Bella did...just stood there like...okay...
3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?
She wouldn't have been excited, she would be thinking about changing into a vampire...and not tripping...
4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?
She did mean that he did the best he could with her and that she loved him, but she also felt guilty for not telling him the whole truth, even if she couldn't.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?
I figured it out when Bella did,.. I didn't expect Victoria to be creating a newborn army just to kill her.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?
Yeah,.. she knew it was just excitement for graduation and that she wasn't going to see her anymore,.. no harm done.

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?
She still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life, but I think she might have been quite a bit more excited about the whole thing.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?
I think she was being honest,.. she knew Charlie did everything he thought to do and did his best with what he could work with.. Charlie really is a good dad.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I don't know when I figured it out, but I already thought it were the same for a long time. It would be too much, the threats coming from all ends.

I definitely wouldn't have reacted the way Bella did. I probably would've ignored her.

She would still be contemplating the ending of her human life.

Not very? So willingly choosing Jake and even encouraging Jake doesn't make him a great dad. For the rest, just as with her mom, she takes more care of him than the other way around.
SkittleE
Settled in Forks

Post by SkittleE »

I had it figured out right after the stranger appeared in Bella's room. Victoria couldn't just be biding her time, the newborns couldn't just be coincidence, and why else would a stranger be there?

Hell no, she was a lousy friend. You know how much she hates Bella because of Midnight Sun, and she certainly showed it when she ran into Edwards waiting arms when he came back. I would have pushed her away and gave her a good cussing out. I don't like her suddenly being friends with Bella again, it's like suddenly everyone's the good and peachy.

No, she would have over-thought about everything she could to get away from graduation.

Well, he hasn't really gotten to be the best dad. She's only been in Forks for a year and a half, and either she was with Edward or suicidal most of the time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/ ... r-nazi.gif
Sucking the joy out of life since 1998
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

No, I had a feeling that was the case.

I would have been pretty mad at Jess. She was so mean to Bella before, and now she was acting like nothing happened. Those kinds of people are so annoying.

I think that she only would have been slightly less stressed out. Haha, Bella always worries about things, so she would have been upset anyway.

Hmm... I don't think she was that honest at all, really. She wasn't too thrilled with his reaction towards Edward, and she never liked him that much before she moved to Forks. At the same time, he took her in when she wanted him too, so I can see how there was some truth to her statement.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No. As soon as Jasper told us about the newborns I thought it was Victoria building an army to take out Bella and the Cullens. Bella's right. The Volturi would be more effective. It clearly wasn't them.

I probably would have been polite and glad that we could end on a good note, too, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to pursue a continued friendship with Jessica. It's clear that she doesn't value it.

The graduation has always been linked with her transformation, so I think she would have always been a little reluctant about it.

I think she was being honest. He has (generally) been a good and loving father to her, and no one ever says that kind of thing enough.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hmm..this is a re-read, so I already knew..but theoretically, I suppose not really. It makes sense.

-People get weird at graduations, but it's such a fake reaction. If I were in Bella's situation, I might've reacted that well considering all that she had going on. Personally, people and things like that bother me.

Knowing Bella's hatred for ceremonies and ordeals, I doubt she'd be more excited. She simply hates the attention. The danger from Seattle is simply a dangerous distraction. I think she might be in a bit more of a hurry to make the change considering all that is going on.

-I think she's being very honest. Charlie put up with a lot from her and he tried to be a good father, as much as he could be after living alone for all that time. He was really settled in his routines but he made a point to spend time with her and take an interest in her life.