What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by roo-roo91 »

Clash Of The Titans.
I thought it was in between god awful and good.
I'm just glad they didn't screw up the story line.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Sabotage is a middle-of-the-pack film from Alfred Hitchcock's "English period," when he was based in London in the 1930s. Verloc (Oscar Homolka) runs a London movie house with his wife Sylvia (Sylvia Sidney) and her adolescent brother Stevie (Desmond Tester). Neither Sylvia nor Stevie know that Verloc is also a saboteur plotting to terrorize London with a series of bombings. This is a decent, tightly-paced film with one very powerful scene, but it's below Hitchcock's best--although with Hitchcock, even his lesser films usually have some interest.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Just watched How To Train Your Dragon and it was adorable. Gave me plenty of oppourtunities to shout, "BY THOR'S BEARD!" and stuff. Most excellent Viking-centric film. I like the end the best, too, with the losing of the foot. Made me right proud, that did. Hiccup fought bravely, losing it in the service of Odin! He'll definitely be accepted into Valhalla for that. :D
And I want a dragon. Badly.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Proof with Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was alright. Not the best I've seen, but not a total waste of time either.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Little Miss Sunshine!

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
BellaEdward4ever
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaEdward4ever »

Date Nigh,it was HILARIOUS
Imagecredit fanpop
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Tonight I watched the 2003 version of The Italian Job. This isn't really a remake of the 1969 film of the same title, but a reworking of some of the earlier movie's plot elements (fans of the Mini will be happy to know that they are in the new movie just like the first one). If you are a fan of heist movies, this is a decent one, with a pair of intricate, well-executed set-piece robberies to open and close the show. In the first, a crew of thieves boosts a safe full of gold bars from a home in Venice. In the second, the survivors of the initial crew, plus a couple of reinforcements, team up to retake the gold from a partner who double-crossed them after the first heist. On the downside, the director (F. Gary Gray) and the leads (Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron) have all done better work. Wahlberg, often a good character actor, seems to turn to cardboard when he's asked to take lead roles, while Theron seems out of place in a heist crew, looking more like a cheerleader than a safe-cracker. Fortunately, Mos Def and Jason Statham are around to give a little personality to their supporting roles.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I decided to watch The Princess Bride again tonight, one of my very favorite films of the 1980s. The story: a simple but charming romantic adventure of the Ruritanian variety. The hero: dashing Cary Elwes, a farmboy turned pirate. His helpers: lovable rogues Mandy Patinkin and Andre the Giant. The opposition: sinister prince Chris Sarandon, his right hand man Christopher Guest, and Wallace Shawn, who keeps using the word inconceivable. The mission: save the titular princess, a radiant Robin Wright. Stealing several scenes: Peter Cook as a high-ranking clergyman ("Mawwidge") and Billy Crystal and Carol Kane as Miracle Max and Valerie. Enormous fun is had by all, except the villains, who don't deserve it.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Last night on dvd I watched Lovely Bones. I didn't read the book but thought it was good. 7/10
Banner by TammyAZ
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 in a theater: Not bad but at least Freddy is creepy again and not cracking Jokes. There are better genre remakes like The Thing, The Fly, and more, who agrees? were The Thing and The Fly remakes made by artists who loved and cared for the hokey originals and made them better yet not doing them for money but with love?