What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: What are you reading?

Post by fanMNM »

I think we all have the same idea....re-reading Eclipse before the movie comes out was a goal of mine too :) Just finished. I got caught up in it as always so I went ahead and reread Breaking Dawn, too.

I also read Soulless by Gail Carriger and am now working on the second one...Changeless

Thank you Naureen!!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Haven't read anything new...no that's a lie I read "Girlwood" by Gail Claire which is pretty interesting, but it's really aimed for much younger girls (the same people Hannah Montana is aimed at). It's about this 12 year old girl who's sister runs away to the woods and she and her friends start a survivalist club and bring food and clothes and stuff to places the girls used to play before the older sister got messed up.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote:I also read Soulless by Gail Carriger and am now working on the second one...Changeless
What did you think about the book? I love the dialogue and the British humor.

I finished The Prophecy of the Sisters and really liked it. Can't wait for the sequel, Guardian of the Gate, to come out in a couple of months. I also finished By the time you read this, I'll be dead which was really intense and heart breaking.

I was in the middle of Heist Society by Ally Carter and was really enjoying it, but I had to return it to the library because it has holds. Now I'm waiting to get the audiobook so I can finish it! Gah!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
AlectoCullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AlectoCullen »

The Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas. I'm switching back and forth between books on profiling and the Sookie Stackhouse books.
Thanks to audreywarenne for the signature.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

cullengirl wrote:
fanMNM wrote:I also read Soulless by Gail Carriger and am now working on the second one...Changeless
What did you think about the book? I love the dialogue and the British humor.

I loved it! I've been a fan of Katie MacAlister's books for awhile, so I knew I'd like to British humor in the writing :) The story is great,too, though. I'm really anxious to read the third book! :D

Do you guys ever do this...you get so absorbed into the world an author has created that after you have finished the book, or the series, and move on to another book, you have trouble getting into the new book's reality??

Thank you Naureen!!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Current reading includes:

1) Winston's War, by Max Hastings. One of the most controversial subjects in the history of World War Two is Winston Churchill's performance as a "warlord," or director of Britain's war effort. Max Hastings, a journalist and military historian, has written some excellent books on World War 2 history; this is his evaluation of Churchill. Very good so far--I am just over a quarter of the way through.

2. Tell No One
, by Harlan Coben. I've read, and liked, a number of books in Coben's enjoyable mystery series about Myron Bolitar, the sports agent who keeps finding himself in the middle of criminal investigations. This one, a standalone novel, is a darker and more compelling thriller. Even though I have a general idea of how it's going to turn out--it was made into a French movie--I am so involved in this one that I'm probably going to finish it tonight.

By the way, the French film version of this book, Ne le dis a personne, is a textbook example of how to make a very good movie out of a novel, while remaining extremely faithful to the source material.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

The Vampire Who Loved Me - Teresa Medeiros
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

Ok, I finally finished reading the Bourne Ultimatum. I thought it was really good with a lot of close calls and satisfying ending.

After that I started reading Always a Bridesmaid and Here comes the bride both by Whitney Lyles. I thought they were really funny and I can't wait to read her next book in the series First comes love.....cause the last few times I went looking for them at the bookstore they didn't have it.

Now I am reading Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. I just started it but so far it seems to be living up to her other books I have read of hers.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Into the Dark by Gena Showalter and enjoyed it. I also read the third book in the Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk, Magic in the Shadows and really liked it. I'm not reading the fourth and latest book in the Allie Beckstrom series, Magic on the Storm.
fanMNM wrote:Do you guys ever do this...you get so absorbed into the world an author has created that after you have finished the book, or the series, and move on to another book, you have trouble getting into the new book's reality??
Yes, happens to me on several series that I absolutely love. Sometimes I get so involved in a series (especially when reading more than just one book but several in the series back to back) that the world "haunts" my dreams and random thoughts. You keep thinking about the characters and the stories. It's crazy! When it happens I have to read something in a completely different genre to "cleanse my palette".
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
LitMoon
Settled in Forks

Post by LitMoon »

The Necromancer by Michael Scott, has anyone else read the "Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series, Necromancers is the fourth book of six.