Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Writers Central

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Ginnie you just made me feel 10000x better. That is a VERY good way of looking at it!
I'm glad. I just took almost 2 weeks to finish the last chapter of WDH. It has never been this difficult before... :x
Now that I've finished that particular chunk a feel a huge rush of excitement to move forward, but I am also a little nervous that the difficulty will continue. I hope not.

Here's a random question- Is it really writer's block if you can still write, just not on a specific project?? I wrote 2 one-shots and worked on an out-take during the 2 weeks it took me to struggle through the chapter I needed to finish for my WIP. But for the life of me... the WIP was evading me. So is that writer's block, or maybe just burn out on that one story?? Hmm.
.. :?
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Ginnie~~ I wouldn't classify it as true writer's block. Maybe just a case of needing some space from that particular project. :D Me on the other hand... I'm classifying it as a case of a RL BARRICADE! Between football, the after school program, the fifth grade classroom, and a student intern, I simply have no time to sit down and devote my time to my new fic. :?

AB~~Another rewrite? I'm sure you're going to end up with an amazing novel! You are still my most favorite post-BD author! Actually, yours were the first fanfics I read. So, I guess I can blame you for the whole addiction! :lol: You also gave me the inspiration to write my own fics. So, thanks again!

Well, it's a beautiful day here in North Alabama, and it's FOOTBALL time. Ya'll have a great day!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Writer's block to me is any time that I cannot easily get back "into" the story I'm working with. However, I have had a true, and very frustrating, kind that simply stops me dead. Usually, it's due to stress, but sometimes, I just CAN'T get into anything at all.

To help with it, sometimes, I can get into another story line that works for me. I have several of these going that all look like they will be stories sometime or other. I use Fictionista Workshop prompts a lot when I need to take a break or even just get back into writing. Their prompts are rather creative and varied. One of them got me into a whole new storyline that is working out well.

What are your tricks?
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

So here's an option for some FF writers:
http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_a ... i_reg_home

Obviously the names wouldn't be able to stay the same, and the smut would need to be removed...but a bet some writers could make money off their story lines if they wanted to write more. FF readers already read them online, and you can download the eReader onto any electronic device now.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

*SIGH* Yet another day gone by without writing anything. I have uploaded photos to FB and Photo Bucket, gone to they gym and done some cardio, and gotten the guest list and menu for my Weight Loss Celebration finalized. BUT... I haven't written anything. I really do hate to procrastinate, so what is my problem with sitting down and working on this latest story that is rattling around in my head? :?
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Ah, MissP my sweet!! Would you like a challenge?? Maybe something to get the juices flowing again??

There is a contest being hosted on FF.net called the Scene Stealers Contest.

Basically, it's a challenge to take any scene from the Twilight Saga and give it a "fan-fix". In other words, you take a scene and write it the way you would have liked to see it go. (I'm participating, though that's all I can say... it's an anonymous contest. ;) ) It should be great fun and submissions are accepted up until midnight October 30th!

For me, this helped keep me writing while WDH got to be more frustrating than fun.

BTW- Thank you everyone, things are going much better now, and I appreciate having a place to "talk it out". :)
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I would do that challenge if they didn't need a beta. I don't do betas lol.

I'm also on a RIDICULOUS role for with book. I go and reread chapters and I think to myself did I REALLY write this? It's like...a REAL book. If you can't tell I'm very giddy.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Amanda Beth wrote:I would do that challenge if they didn't need a beta. I don't do betas lol.

I'm also on a RIDICULOUS role for with book. I go and reread chapters and I think to myself did I REALLY write this? It's like...a REAL book. If you can't tell I'm very giddy.
That is SOO exciting! I'm giddy for you!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:I would do that challenge if they didn't need a beta. I don't do betas lol.

You know, AmandaBeth... I think they are just trying to discourage people who aren't serious about writing from submitting a bunch of crap to the contest. I had a friend ust proofread my entry and you know what?? She caught a handful of errors that I missed even after going over it with a fine-toothed comb. What about asking a friend to do it? :?:

Which reminds me... why is it again that you don't "do" betas? I think we talked about it before, but I can't seem to recall.
Just curious. :)

PS- I see you, AmandaBeth and OpenHome. LOL!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

VirginiaMay wrote:

You know, AmandaBeth... I think they are just trying to discourage people who aren't serious about writing from submitting a bunch of crap to the contest. I had a friend ust proofread my entry and you know what?? She caught a handful of errors that I missed even after going over it with a fine-toothed comb. What about asking a friend to do it? :?:

Which reminds me... why is it again that you don't "do" betas? I think we talked about it before, but I can't seem to recall.
Just curious. :)

PS- I see you, AmandaBeth and OpenHome. LOL!
8-) I lurk a lot!

The contest seems like fun, but I don't know if I will be able to participate. I have a lot of irons in the fanfic fire right now, and I am participating in NaNoWriMo, and I'm using my Storylist (I love you Amanda Beth for showing me that program!) to get ready for it.