What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampireDella
Settled in Forks

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by vampireDella »

The Last Movie I Saw Was Megamind!!!!

such an awesome movie!! it was sooooo funny :lol:
Made By Me
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Brian Helgeland's Payback inevitably invites comparison with John Boorman's Point Blank; both films are based on the same source novel. Helgeland's film introduces us to Porter (Mel Gibson), a heist expert who is left for dead by his wife and his partner in crime after a job--only he's too stubborn to die. When he can get around again, he single-mindedly sets out to get revenge and regain his share of the take. His only ally is Rosie (Maria Bello), a hooker who he once chauffeured. Payback lacks the existential ambiguity of Point Blank; it settles for being a more straightforward thriller. As such it's pretty good; Gibson is a solid lead and Bello is enjoyable as a character who seems determined to inject rays of sunshine into Porter's life whether he wants them or not. The supporting cast includes nice work from Kris Kristofferson and a not-yet-famous Lucy Liu.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Love at Large is a quirky parody of private eye-centered film noir written and directed by Alan Rudolph, set in a rather indeterminate time and place. Gumshoe Harry Dobbs (Tom Berenger) is hired by vampy Miss Dolan (Anne Archer) to tail a man named Rick (Neil Young). Thanks to her rather vague description of Rick, Harry ends up tailing the wrong man (Ted Levine), who turns out to be a bigamist. Meanwhile, Harry discovers that someone--we know it's his jealous girl Doris--has hired another PI, Stella Wynkowski (Elizabeth Perkins), to follow him. If it sounds like a bit of a mess, it is, but I rather liked it. Rudolph creates a wonderfully murky atmosphere, and Berenger and Perkins have very good chemistry.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I last saw Tangled in the theatre. It was so good I loved it!!

And the last movie I watched on dvd was Confessions of a Shopoholic. It was really funny & good too. It's like my 3rd time watching it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

The last movie I saw in theaters was Harry Potter 7 :D! I loved it!!

The last DVD I've watched was Eclipse :D! I love it also haha!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

How The Grinch Stole Christmas(live action version). Still funny as heck. :lol:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I didn't have the highest of expectations for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, but there's still some life in this franchise. In this outing (which is about as good as The Mummy Returns), the O'Connells have run out of mummies in Egypt to deal with, so Rick (Brendan Fraser) and Evie (Maria Bello, replacing Rachel Weisz) are off to China, to deal with a resurrected Emperor (Jet Li). Pluses: Fraser is still pretty likable as the lead, Bello does a much better job filling Weisz's shoes than I thought she would, and Michelle Yeoh brings her natural gravitas to a supporting part. Big minus: Luke Ford plays Rick and Evie's son Alex, who since the last film has grown from an annoying boy to a very annoying young man. Maybe his new love interest Lin (a promising Isabella Leong) can polish the edges off him if they make another film. The action is as good as ever, while the interludes in the script--the writers felt the need to give the O'Connell family some quality time--are not too long. All in all, a good popcorn movie, all that I've ever asked of the Mummy series.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Tonight I watched a good Japanese film called Kawaita hana/Pale Flower. A gangster named Muraki (Ryo Ikebe) is just out of prison when he meets a young woman named Saeko (Mariko Kaga), a thrillseeker and compulsive gambler. His fascination with her and some underworld issues he needs to sort out soon have him on a fatalistic course. Director Masahiro Shinoda is a major figure in modern Japanese cinema and this is, by reputation, one of his best films--definitely a good one.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Tonight was a night for a good, old-fashioned adventure, namely, The Rocketeer. In Southern California in 1938, someone steals a prototype rocket pack developed by Howard Hughes, and it practically falls into the lap of down on his luck pilot Cliff Secord (Bill Campbell). Soon he's caught between the mobsters who stole it, and the FBI, who are working with Hughes to get it back. But the mobsters may be working for someone even more sinister (hmm, in 1938, who could that be?), and Cliff has yet another worry--movie star Neville St. Clair (Timothy Dalton), an Errol Flynn type who is "the number 3 box office star in Amerrica," is wooing his actress girlfriend Jenny (a young and radiant Jennifer Connelly). Can Cliff and his mechanic whiz sidekick Peavy (Alan Arkin) save the day? Will Cliff get his girl back? Will the bad guys discover the secret identity of The Rocketeer? And why does Neville seem to be on first-name terms with mob boss Eddie (Paul Sorvino). You'll have to watch the movie to find out, and if you do, it will be a fun ride. As an added bonus, you'll get to hear one of James Horner's lushest, most romantic scores.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Just saw Tangled. If anyone's still on the fence about this movie, I highly recommend it. Pascal totally wins the "best animal sidekick" award in my book. :D