Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Writers Central

Post by VirginiaMay »

Oh my, Miss Amanda Beth... I could not disagree with you more. I love you, but I have to disagree. ;)
Out of all of the "big" fanfic stories I've read, I think WA would be the worst without Bella and Edward in it. I could barely stand it as it was and the only reason I even tolerated the horrific language, behavior, and drug use in it was because it was Bella and Edward and true love conquers all. I've re-read portions of WA since finishing it and while parts of it are cute and endearing, on the whole if it had been Jimmy John and Susie Que we were reading about, I would have likely slit my throat. But I digress...

I think we're all just going to have to agree to disagree on the publishablilty of fanfic works. It seems that despite our differences, the consensus is: Yes- should a story be well-written and have believable and unforgettable original characters, then it could be published. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever agree on which stories and which authors within the fandom could manage that.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Hehe. It is interesting how we all read the stories differently. I think for me TEF would have been the worst just because I wasn't a fan of how it was written. I didn't find the plot itself very realistic and a few other details I won't bore ppl by going into. For me it was the odd couplings that made it worth the read -- kind of alternate human universe haha.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Hehe. It is interesting how we all read the stories differently. I think for me TEF would have been the worst just because I wasn't a fan of how it was written. I didn't find the plot itself very realistic and a few other details I won't bore ppl by going into. For me it was the odd couplings that made it worth the read -- kind of alternate human universe haha.
Remind me... TEF?? It's not clicking, LOL!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

The Ex Factor lol
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Oh, yeah!! I've still not read that one. Is it complete?
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

VirginiaMay wrote:Hey Ladies & Gents...

Some of you may be interested in this: The Twilight Fanfiction New Year's Challenge.

I'm not entirely sure I understand how it works just yet, but it sounds interesting and it's good timing for me. Especially, if it helps me finish WDH. I've sent an email to ask for clarification on what it entails, but if any of you have ever done something like this I'd be interested in your thoughts as well. :)

Oh, and FYI- original fiction is welcome in this challenge, but I don't know if I would want people to be able to see or keep track of my original writing if it were me. (As my fanfic stories don't really belong to me anyway, I don't mind so much sharing what I've written for those.)
It looks interesting, but part of me wonders why they'd need to see even just your plot ideas... Sounds a bit fishy if you ask me.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hmmmm... I'm with Rings. WIP's would most likely be okay to expose, but i wouldn't want to put my plot bunnies out there. Although, I guess one could actually say that I took SM plot bunny and ran away with it when I wrote my fic, Perfect Forever. :lol:
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

SR posted a response on his blog about the backlash about his publishing of UoEM....
http://www.sebastienrobichaud.com/
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:SR posted a response on his blog about the backlash about his publishing of UoEM....
http://www.sebastienrobichaud.com/
Well, maybe he shouldn't have stayed silent so long. :?
missp wrote:Hmmmm... I'm with Rings. WIP's would most likely be okay to expose, but i wouldn't want to put my plot bunnies out there. Although, I guess one could actually say that I took SM plot bunny and ran away with it when I wrote my fic, Perfect Forever. :lol:
I felt the same way at first and sent an email about that. They said that only the administrators and you personally would be able to see your list of things to write, and that it was only for accountability- to help you keep moving. I made my list and realized most of what I have to work on is already announced somewhere; finishing my already posted WIPs and adding a few outtakes for those. The new projects I listed very vaguely. If someone can figure out what I have planned from things like "Untitled Vampella fic" or "MIA- AH One-shot", well... I'd be pretty impressed. :P The only thing I don't like is that they want you to email your chapters in to them if you don't end up posting in any given week. I'm sure they mean well, but to be honest, I don't really know them at all so I'm a little hesitant about that. We'll see how it goes. If anything, I've gotten the ball rolling to hopefully finish some of the projects I'd like to put to bed already. :)