Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Is it weird to anyone who has had stories finished for a length of time when people start reviewing chapter by chapter again? It was one thing I LOVED...to wake up the next day and see my box full of review alerts. Now it's weird to have 5 alerts from one person in a day haha

I reviewed every chapter of a story that was written in 2007-2008 long before I realized the publication date. It was really good and I wanted to review. That's a compliment to the author I think. Which reminds me, I started reading LAF (Sorry Stella & Lulu: LAF= AmandaBeth's "Life After Forks") and reviewed the first five or so chapters in a row. Was it me?? If it was, it would have been a few months ago by now. :lol:
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

No no this was this week :)
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Okay, I just finished reading WA, and I LOVED IT!!! I laughed out loud when I saw a few posts ago that their was an F-Bomb count to this story. To anyone who hasn't read Wide Awake: stop what you are doing and read it now!!

I do have a few questions to ask to no one in particular; just to anyone who can answer them. I see a lot of people say these things and I have always been curious.
1) What is AU / AH?
2) What is/are lemons?
3) What is cannon?
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Canon = True to the Twilight books. They can be post Breaking Dawn fics, like mine are...or Kayla(Openhome)'s which are about Alice's life before meeting Jasper/the Cullens. They can also be in between the books.

AU = alternate universe....so Bella, Edward & co are themselves, but it begs the question "what if..." Ginnie(VirginiaMay) has What Drives Her in the works and what WOULD have happened if Edward left after saving Bella from Tyler's van...meaning nothing after Ch 4 in Twilight ever happened.

this can ALSO be stories where the characters are different supernatural creatures--though you don't find many of them out there--or many worth reading anyway.

AH = All human. Self explanatory. The names of the characters are the same--and you find similarities: Cullens are rich, Rose is a b****, Alice and Bella are BFF, Carlisle is a doctor, James/Victoria/Aro etc are the bad guys, Forks/Chicago/Seattle are the locations...etc, etc.

Lemons = Starts with S and ends with X ;)

And just for kicks:
WA=Wide Awake
TEF=The Ex Factor
CW&IA=Clipped Wings and Inked Armor
MoBS = The Misapprehension of Bella Swan Regarding the Inferior Intellect of Hockey Whores (No, not kidding)
UoEM=University of Edward Masen (which is no longer on the internet...BLAH)
EP=Empancipation Proclamation
LAF=Life After Forks
TPC=The Prophet's Child
WDH=What Drives Her

What did I forget that we talk about a lot?
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote: What did I forget that we talk about a lot?

Awesome glossary of terms, AB!!
I know someone asked for the authors to be listed with the fics a few pages back, let's see if I have a minute to help out. ;)
  • WA= Wide Awake by angstgoddess003. Find it HERE
    TEF= The Ex Factor by AngelatTwilight. Find it HERE.
    CW&IA=Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by hunterhunting. Find it HERE.
    MoBS = The Misapprehension of Bella Swan Regarding the Inferior Intellect of Hockey Whores by hunterhunting. Find it HERE.
    UoEM= University of Edward Masen by Sebastien Robichaud. No longer available. :(
    EP= Empancipation Proclamation by kharizmatik. Find it HERE.
    LAF= Life After Forks & TPC= The Prophet's Child are by AmandaBeth Find them both HERE.
    WDH= What Drives Her by Virginia May. Find it HERE.
Did we forget any??
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Singularity and Coalescence written by openhome can be found HERE
Perfect Forever written by missp can be found HERE

This is a community we set up of fanfics we recommend: http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Lex ... ist/73511/

Note to veterans: did you know someone else on the Lex made one for "regulars" on the Lexicon, yet none of our stories are on there??? Who are these people and why don't they post in the FANFIC forum?? lol
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:Singularity and Coalescence written by openhome can be found HERE
Perfect Forever written by missp can be found HERE

This is a community we set up of fanfics we recommend: http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Lex ... ist/73511/

Note to veterans: did you know someone else on the Lex made one for "regulars" on the Lexicon, yet none of our stories are on there??? Who are these people and why don't they post in the FANFIC forum?? lol
AmandaBeth~ If I remember correctly, the forum was started about 18 months ago by Ringswraith, who is a ff writer and was, at one point, very active on the forums, espcially this one. He cut back posting and only makes the occasional appearance now *sends hugs to Ringswraith*, so I'm willing to bet the absence of yours, Kayla's and MissP's fics was not meant as a slight, but was a product of the fact that he was not aware they should be added. Although, I did get a note that What Drives Her was added this morning.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

lol no what i'm saying is that there are two of them...I'm an admin on ours and that was me who added What Drives Her ;)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Ya'll! We're awaiting the blizzard of 2011 here in North Alabama! Schools all over the state are closing tomorrow in anticipation of the impending ice-storm. :evil: I REALLY hate having to make up school days due to weather at the END of the school year when I should be on the beach! Oh well. At least maybe I'll have some down time tomorrow to do a little writing and reading ffic!

THANKS FOR ADDING MY HUMBLE LITTLE FIC, PERFECT FOREVER, to the list. I love gettng reviews! :D And, yes... it is weird after the story is complete to get reviews from people who just happen upon your story and start reviewing every chapter. But, it spurs me on to keep writing on other stories!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:lol no what i'm saying is that there are two of them...I'm an admin on ours and that was me who added What Drives Her ;)
Wow! Thank you, AB!! :)