Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by ringswraith »

"Outtake" strictly speaking really only covers parts of a work that were not included in the final version- scenes that were filmed but edited out of a movie, chapters/sections of a book that were in at some point but never made it to print.

For your second and third definitions, I'd use "bonus chapter" if they were not meant to be part of the actual finished product. You are right however in that some use "outtake" freely even for these types of things, when technically this usage is incorrect.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I have a LAF/TPC Outtakes 'story' and it's actually stuff from the future. It's just easier to call everything an outtake I guess...people have gotten used to it so I guess I jumped on the bandwagon.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

And I never have any outtakes. :oops: I edit and rewrite my stories as I go, following a rough hand-written outline of where I want it to go. So, I never have anything "left over" that doesn't make it into the final version. That's kind of the way I see outtakes. They are left-over pieces of stories that didn't make the final cut for whatever reason. But, SUSIE... you are correct. Many writers have adopted the more loose definition of an outtake in order for it to fit into the in-demand category it is today.

RINGS~~ Good to see you! It's been awhile. I know you've been lurking, but it's nice to hear from you!

FINALLY!! I have written past the hump on the troubling scene in Chapter 1 of my new fic, Between Dusk and Dawn! I'm taking a short ZUMA BLITZ break for a bit before finishing up - I hope! - Chapter 1 tonight before going to bed!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

http://angieswenson.livejournal.com/53992.html

*runs around in circles*

except sometime between now and December 2011??? I'd rather not get ANY hint!! That's like Summit putting the 2nd BD not until December 2012
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Susie- I do think you are correct in your analysis there. Secondly, I believe different writers deem outtakes to be different things. Technically, in Stepehenie Meyer style, my first outtake is actually an "extra". It wasn't a part of the story that got cut, just an extra idea that I got in my head while writing my fic. Think Bree Tanner. Many "outtakes" in FF are actually "extras".
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Amanda Beth wrote:http://angieswenson.livejournal.com/53992.html

*runs around in circles*

except sometime between now and December 2011??? I'd rather not get ANY hint!! That's like Summit putting the 2nd BD not until December 2012

:shock: Thank-you, AB! Now... I have to go read the TEF!! Uh...I guess I'm one of the very few who hasn't read it yet. :oops:

HEY! We have new emoticons!! :wave: :hello: :bye: :blush: :banghead: (my personal fave!)
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

oops nevermind
missp

Post by missp »

Just doing what I do best. *Whistles as if to look inconspicuous*
I'm procrastinating. :roll:
*SIGH* I guess I'll go do a little writing... after a quick game of ZUMA BLITZ on FB and some lunch. :oops:
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I just have to put my 2 cents in. I have two chapters left to read in CW & IA. So far, I have yet to shead a tear in a FF book, but I did last night. I was up til 2am this morning before Irealized what time it was. I can't wait to get off of work to finish it. :wave: (Just wanted to use a new smiley face)
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I don't think I've cried in any AH fanfics.

But I can promise you you'll cry at least once in each of mine :)