Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:Are you writing AH or canon? AH does have a high lemon count, it seems to be what ppl want...or those with not many lemons are seriously angsty (think, Wide Awake). Canon (and some AU like Ginnie's) on the other hand--I personally believe as a canon writer we owe it to SM to keep the fics T or under. Canon is writing a story in SM's world and those would not be in them.
Unless you were writing post-transformation. SM was the one who gave us Em&Rose breaking walls and furniture and going at it for 10 years straight and Bella&Edward cabin tantric sex. I actually tend to lean a little towards the direction Lola took VampWard & VampBella (though canon might not be quite that lemony). But, they are certainly intensely physically connected and I tend to agree that that physical connection will be both intense and soothing to both of them as they maneuver through and adjust to all their changes. Yes, SM's writing may not be quite so... explicit. But, the lemon is defintely there, if not only the tart rind.

"He pulled my face to his with a sudden fierceness, a low moan in his throat. The sound sent the electric current running through my body into a near-frenzy, like I couldn't get close enough to him fast enough.
I heard the fabric tearing under our hands, and I was glad my clothes, at least, were already destroyed. It felt almost rude to ignore the pretty white bed, but we just weren't going to make it that far...
We was all new, a different person as our bodies tangled gracefully into one on the sand-pale floor. No caution, no restraint. No fear-especially not that. We could love together- both active participants no. Finally equals.
Like our kisses before, every touch was more than I was used to. So much of himself he'd been holding back. Necessary at the time, but I couldn't believe how much I'd been missing...
A very very small part of my head considered the interesting conundrum presented in this situation. I was never going to get tired, and neither was he. We didn't have to catch our breath or rest or eat or even use the bathroom; we had no more mundane human needs. He had the most beautiful, perfect body in the world and I had him all to myself, and it didn't feel like I was ever going to find a point where I would think, Now I've had enough for one day. I was always going to want more. And the day was never going to end...
Then he pulled his fingers very slowly down my face, lightly tracing from my jaw to my throat and then all the way down to my waist. My eyes rolled back into my head a little...
We laughed together, and the motion of our laughter did interesting things to the way our bodies were connected, effectively ending that conversation." (Breaking Dawn: Kindle location 31502-31556)
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

lol give me some credit, I know what was in the book. Those are not lemons...that is suggestive writing and I wrote some of my own into LAF and TPC. I didn't read Lola's work, but I would never take it farther than SM did herself.

Which were not lemons.
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

I just have a few outlines - or really brainstorming notes - trying to decide what to start with. Doubt what i am leaning towards would be very popular but not sure if that matters....

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:Are you writing AH or canon? AH does have a high lemon count, it seems to be what ppl want...or those with not many lemons are seriously angsty (think, Wide Awake). Canon (and some AU like Ginnie's) on the other hand--I personally believe as a canon writer we owe it to SM to keep the fics T or under. Canon is writing a story in SM's world and those would not be in them.
Unless you were writing post-transformation. SM was the one who gave us Em&Rose breaking walls and furniture and going at it for 10 years straight and Bella&Edward cabin tantric sex. I actually tend to lean a little towards the direction Lola took VampWard & VampBella (though canon might not be quite that lemony). But, they are certainly intensely physically connected and I tend to agree that that physical connection will be both intense and soothing to both of them as they maneuver through and adjust to all their changes. Yes, SM's writing may not be quite so... explicit. But, the lemon is defintely there, if not only the tart rind.

"He pulled my face to his with a sudden fierceness, a low moan in his throat. The sound sent the electric current running through my body into a near-frenzy, like I couldn't get close enough to him fast enough.
I heard the fabric tearing under our hands, and I was glad my clothes, at least, were already destroyed. It felt almost rude to ignore the pretty white bed, but we just weren't going to make it that far...
We was all new, a different person as our bodies tangled gracefully into one on the sand-pale floor. No caution, no restraint. No fear-especially not that. We could love together- both active participants no. Finally equals.
Like our kisses before, every touch was more than I was used to. So much of himself he'd been holding back. Necessary at the time, but I couldn't believe how much I'd been missing...
A very very small part of my head considered the interesting conundrum presented in this situation. I was never going to get tired, and neither was he. We didn't have to catch our breath or rest or eat or even use the bathroom; we had no more mundane human needs. He had the most beautiful, perfect body in the world and I had him all to myself, and it didn't feel like I was ever going to find a point where I would think, Now I've had enough for one day. I was always going to want more. And the day was never going to end...
Then he pulled his fingers very slowly down my face, lightly tracing from my jaw to my throat and then all the way down to my waist. My eyes rolled back into my head a little...
We laughed together, and the motion of our laughter did interesting things to the way our bodies were connected, effectively ending that conversation." (Breaking Dawn: Kindle location 31502-31556)
:shock: 8-) Wow, Caryn.....I think I'm going to take a cold shower now. :lol: If only one of those thirty-five emoticons fanned itself....that's the one I'd be using. I'm prescribing a Breaking Dawn reread for myself, stat. I'd forgotten just how descriptive SM was at that point in the story. Still can't wait to see how that scene translates to screen, come November.
Banner by TammyAZ
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

eek! i agree with tracy, thanks caryn!!! that was soooo fun to read! i miss sm's writing, i was just sucked right in again. aw, i can't wait for the movie!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

WHEW! Caryn just put my desire to see BD in OVERDRIVE!! That is one of my ALL TIME favorite scenes in BD... which is my favorite book of the series. I do, however, agree with AB that they are more suggestive - although being a bit citrusy in nature - than downright lemons. It's very apparent that SM has the underlying potential to be a very good presenter of lemons IF the occassion were to present itself. However, being an author who caters to the YA audience, she is always appropriately mindful of them. For myself, I write as strictly close to canon as possible because I am drawn more to the post-BD fics when writing. Therefore, I write more suggestive scenes instead of lemons. But, I rate my stories M just in case my idea of suggestive is different from someone else's. And, I warn my students - who find my stories quite easily and eagerly :oops: - that I'm not quite as "good" as SM when it comes to certain "stuff". That being said, I am also very mindful that young readers are drawn to these fics just as much as we adult readers are, and I wouldn't want my 5th graders getting ahold of the "smut" I like to read sometimes, and I would never want them reading it from me as an author.

Hmmm... I rambled a bit. Sorry! :roll:

It is sleeting here again! ARG!! I'm going to spend a little time cuddling with my sweetie! Night Ya'll!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Don't you love how the FF discussion has been touch and go, we haven't had anything we ALL are rabid to discuss in a while. But... put a little of the original thing up and boy, oh boy do we want to talk! LOL!

It just goes to show... *bursts into song* "There ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby... ain't nothin' like the real thing..."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

AB~ I suppose it truly depends on how you define "lemon",then. What's the limit where suggestive becomes explicit? Is it word choice, level of intimacy, what's going on in the scene in question? That's something that's debated at all levels of creative arts. The brewhaha about the Remember Me love scenes and their effect on its' rating is the perfect example. Is canon just continuing to write rigidly within the style of the author and by their limitations? Or can canon include stories that might follow the natural path set up by the author but never fully mapped? :unsure: I suppose that's one that will go on between all variety of writers and readers as long as fanfic exists.

Ginnie~ It's always made me giggle that we are as passionate about our fanfics as we are about The Saga. They do take on a bit of a life of their own, don't they?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I just consider anything above what SM wrote to be a lemon. And whenever I've read fanfic and they mention a lemon it is a graphic detailed event.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:I just consider anything above what SM wrote to be a lemon. And whenever I've read fanfic and they mention a lemon it is a graphic detailed event.

True enough. But the point is that there are lots of wonderful and romantic fanfics without lemons. I think Stella's concern was that she would have to write something graphic for it to be read and that's not true, which I think you can agree on. Just because a fic doesn't get 10,000 reviews, or even 1,000, doesn't mean it's not worth reading. Right??