Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by SwanCullen »

It's a great story so far Trine! But, when you do get to, I think it's chapter 13, keep tissues handy!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Ok gotta question for ya'll... I am not very good at remembering the names of secondary saga characters that rarely make an appearance in fics. This often leaves me wondering whether a character is original or not...

So for anyone who has read TKegl’s Beyond Time, who is Tom? Is he supposed to be similar to Mike or even Jacob? I don’t remember any Tom’s in the saga. Is there a Thomas or some other variation that I’ve forgotten about? Thanks for your help anyone <3

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I think it's just an original character. I have the author on my twitter and I can ask her if you want?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
StellaBlueBella

SwanCullen wrote:I think it's just an original character. I have the author on my twitter and I can ask her if you want?
Haha I just finished it yesterday so I figured it out but thanks!

That was a really good one. It's always hard for me to pick up something else right away after reading something that "sticks with me" like that. Is there a place on the Lex to ASK for recs? Haven't noticed one. Anyone here gotta rec for me? Something for me since I am fresh of a great read?

The pic VolturiGirl just posted for her Facinelli Friday could so be the BT Carlisle. *sighs* Love her for that :]

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

SwanCullen wrote:It's a great story so far Trine! But, when you do get to, I think it's chapter 13, keep tissues handy!
I will :) And then my bf can look at me like I'm crazy...the way he always does when I'm crying over fanfics :lol:

Hey, is anyone still reading Bella Hale? I am just in love with that story, but I don't know if I should just drop the entire thing. The author came back sometime last fall after being away for over a year. Then she posted a chapter or two, and disappeared again for months. And now she's updated a again with a couple of chapters. Like, I know that they're writing fanfics for free and that they have no obligation to the readers whatsoever, and that we should be and are really grateful for all the time they're spending writing for free. And I just love the story and have since I started reading fics, but it's annoying not knowing if she's going to finish it this year or sometime in the next couple of years :?
...sorry, just a tiny rant over an awsome story...

StellaBlueBella: I don't know what you've read.... But I totally loved Emancipation Proclamation, Wide Awake and The ExFactor..But these are all "the big ones" so you've probably read them... I just read A quiet fire and really liked it. Also Bratty-Vamp's stories are amazing.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hi - I've been lurking here a little and I thought you all might enjoy this:

The latest edition of Time magazine (US version) has an article on fan fiction. It uses HP as its starting-off point, but mentions Twilight in addition to other fandoms. It talks terms, the evolution of fan fic, how authors have been borrowing characters from other authors for millenia, stereotypes, legalities, authors who are pro-fan fic and anti-fan fic. Really good although it might be basic for some.

Since I'm posting on this topic, I might as well throw out there some other published fan-fiction-y things in the published material world; Heinlein's The Number of the Beast, a multiverse story that includes the Land of Oz; a series of anthologies by Marion Zimmer Bradley and the Friends of Darkover, a generic term for anyone who submitted a story that made the grade (name credit was given inside the book); and in this century, Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next books, starting with The Eyre Affair, a series with an original universe and characters who interact with literary worlds. Also, Poul Anderson had a really interesting essay written oh, around the 70's, that mentioned borrowing characters positively. I saw it in a collection of stories and essays by him called Fantasy that I really recommend but can never find anymore.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi girls,

I have been going through links that I saved of fanfiction since it seems like quite a few of them are getting published or someone is claiming their work. A couple of them that I wanted to read was Purgartory A love Story don't know who the author was and I think it was called Twice as LOng As Yesterday was wondering if anyone here had copies that they would be kind enough to send my way.

thanks girls
Banner by TammyAZ
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Desiree~ I have Twice as long as yesterday. Maybe you've already gotten it, but I'll e-mail it to you. It's fantastic, I think. Set in a completely different time than most fanfics.

I am very much enjoying In your world. I'm just trying to figure out what I really think is the best world them.... Pros and cons with both realities, really. I've almost caught up with the updates now.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Trine~ Got it. Thank you so much. :)
Banner by TammyAZ
StellaBlueBella

Dovrebanen wrote:Desiree~ I have Twice as long as yesterday. Maybe you've already gotten it, but I'll e-mail it to you. It's fantastic, I think. Set in a completely different time than most fanfics.
Ooh would someone mind telling me about this one, Twice as Long as Yesterday is it? I am defo intrigued...

Anyone else here reading Unexpected Circumstances by Savage7289? It's pretty Yummy! This is the one that Michael Sheen read an excerpt from on a VH1 morning show. I just now started reading it. I am glad I did too because there was this discussion about whether or not he was making fun of fic or of Savage. Reading her a/n's she said from the beginning that this was a "fun fic" and if you want historical accuracey "it aint here". More like a modern blended fairey tale IMO. It's fluffy agnst if that makes sense to anyone.

And of course there's Arms by our very own Virginia May! I am so loving this because it's fresh and classic all at the same time. Rated M but no lemons (yet) although it's definitely earned the M and I have a feeling the lemons are coming. Very well written, of course. Only three chapters are posted but I can't wait to see where she goes with it!