Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Dovrebanen »

StellaBlueBella:I'm almost thought I going blank on Twice as long as yesterday... It's been a while since I read it. But from what I remember, I think Bella's father has some debt to the landlord, who owns their house and the land it sits on. And in order to pay off this, Bella is to go the lord and stay with him each day twice as long as yesterday... And she's doing this to save her and her dad from eviction and hunger. She hates him of course...
Lord Cullen does not come off as a particularly nice person... Set in 1800s maybe :?
I loved it when I read it. Different than many other fanfics. I can't remember who wrote it. Since she's pulled it off ff.net, it's a bit hard to find out, too.

I've been looking into VM's stories, too. She's next on my list, I think. After The Cannabean Betrothal, which I started again today after taking a break from it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Dovrebanen wrote:Hey, is anyone still reading Bella Hale? I am just in love with that story, but I don't know if I should just drop the entire thing. The author came back sometime last fall after being away for over a year. Then she posted a chapter or two, and disappeared again for months. And now she's updated a again with a couple of chapters. Like, I know that they're writing fanfics for free and that they have no obligation to the readers whatsoever, and that we should be and are really grateful for all the time they're spending writing for free. And I just love the story and have since I started reading fics, but it's annoying not knowing if she's going to finish it this year or sometime in the next couple of years
...sorry, just a tiny rant over an awsome story...
I love Bella Hale!!! I've read it since the beginning. I'm a bit frustrated too that the author updates and then would leave the fic hanging for like a year or so. I believe it has only a few chapters remaining before it's complete, so I think I'm gonna hang on and wait for as long as it takes until it was finished. I hope it can be completed within this year. *keeping my fingers crossed*
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

dazzel21 wrote: I love Bella Hale!!! I've read it since the beginning. I'm a bit frustrated too that the author updates and then would leave the fic hanging for like a year or so. I believe it has only a few chapters remaining before it's complete, so I think I'm gonna hang on and wait for as long as it takes until it was finished. I hope it can be completed within this year. *keeping my fingers crossed*
Yeah, I'm still hanging in there, too. I was just so happy when she came back, and it sounded like she almost had the story complete. But then she went away again. It's one of the stories I would feel really sad not to see the end of. So, we'll just have to hope that she's back to finish it now :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

Since you mentioned waiting so long for updates, I've been thinking that authors who don't update on a regular schedule (or have to take extra time when RL gets in the way) should give a paragraph recap at the start of their updates--similar to TV shows (you know, like "previously on Lost..."). I've started a few good WIPs, but it's so long between updates that now when I do receive an email that a new chapter is up, I'm kind of ambivalent because I can't remember exactly where the story left off.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

newborntwifan wrote:Since you mentioned waiting so long for updates, I've been thinking that authors who don't update on a regular schedule (or have to take extra time when RL gets in the way) should give a paragraph recap at the start of their updates--similar to TV shows (you know, like "previously on Lost..."). I've started a few good WIPs, but it's so long between updates that now when I do receive an email that a new chapter is up, I'm kind of ambivalent because I can't remember exactly where the story left off.

Some do. Some will post the last few lines of the last chapter prior to the start of the new one. I know whenever I get an updated after more than about a week, I go back and reread the previous chapter, just to get in the swing. It's a personal thing, I think.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Probably a lot of you knew this was coming but now it's official. Khar is taking down her EP blog. According to her blog post, it will be up through the end of the month.

She is going to publish a similiar muuuuch shorter version. EP is approx 1 mil words (wow!) published version will be approx 200k. I love this fic and am gonna try to re-read in the next 11 days because I can't imagine something one fifth the size will be all that similar. She said it's ok to save it for personal use (as in don't mass distribute) but the only way I know to do that is to go to file > save as from the web browser.... It wont let me copy and paste all the chaps into one doc. Oh well, there are worse things. *

Just thought you all should know.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Hi girls,

I have been going through links that I saved of fanfiction since it seems like quite a few of them are getting published or someone is claiming their work. A couple of them that I wanted to read was Purgartory A love Story don't know who the author was and I think it was called Twice as LOng As Yesterday was wondering if anyone here had copies that they would be kind enough to send my way.

thanks girls
Hey Desiree!

I have Purgatory: A Love Story & can send it to you if no one else already has?

Just let me know.. :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

StellaBlueBella wrote:Probably a lot of you knew this was coming but now it's official. Khar is taking down her EP blog. According to her blog post, it will be up through the end of the month.

She is going to publish a similiar muuuuch shorter version. EP is approx 1 mil words (wow!) published version will be approx 200k. I love this fic and am gonna try to re-read in the next 11 days because I can't imagine something one fifth the size will be all that similar. She said it's ok to save it for personal use (as in don't mass distribute) but the only way I know to do that is to go to file > save as from the web browser.... It wont let me copy and paste all the chaps into one doc. Oh well, there are worse things. *

Just thought you all should know.

A few months ago when I was reading EP I typed my gmail address into the "subscribe" box on Khar's main blog page. I managed to get from Chapter 30 on, so I have it in Google Reader. Not sure why I didn't get the previous chapters--maybe someone more tech-savvy knows. I thought about copying and pasting the rest of the chapters because I love this story so much, but then I figured I may not have the chance to reread it anyway, so I might as well wait for the abridged version in the book and hope its got enough of the original to satisfy.

On another note, I just finished a fic and am looking for a new one to read. Twice as Long as Yesterday sounds intriguing if anyone would like to send it my way! I was also considering starting Tropic of Virgo--anyone have an opinion on this one? I'm really late to the fanfic party, so I guess I'm lucky to have read the original EP. I'm so sad that I missed out on CW&IA since everyone seems to love that one! If anyone happens to have a copy, I would be so grateful! Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks girls!

EDIT: Okay, so I started reading the first chapter of Tropic of Virgo, and it just didn't pull me in. Definitely in need of suggestions. Or, I was thinking maybe I should take a fanfic break and start The Hunger Games...
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

newborntwifan wrote: EDIT: Okay, so I started reading the first chapter of Tropic of Virgo, and it just didn't pull me in. Definitely in need of suggestions. Or, I was thinking maybe I should take a fanfic break and start The Hunger Games...

good gods!! ToV is on my permanent faves list. I can't imagine it not sucking someone in. Honestly, I'd suggest giving it another chapter or two. But, then again, like I said, I love that story so much.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

ToV is soooooooooo good! Caryn said it well. At least try a few more chapters. It is great!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story