Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

Dovrebanen wrote:But I get what you're saying about staying true to the SM's story, and I wouldn't change it, because that's the way she intended it to be. But I like the idea of playing around with it and seeing what could have been.[/color]

And that is what makes fanfiction so dang addicting!! Because it is fun to go back and play with it a bit, to see what could have been. It's funny though that I don't mind a scene or two to be changed, or a specific element to be altered, but when people change too many things -I just don't enjoy the story much.

While we're on the subject though, if there is one thing I would have changed about Breaking Dawn, (besides erasing all of Book 2 aka Jacob's POV), it would have been Bella's first hunt & the control she had over her thirst when encountering human blood. I thought that was the one main failure in portraying a realistic (at least in the Twilight universe, LOL) transition into becoming a vampire. Unfortunately, in order to change that and make Bella experience more of what a typical newborn experienced, SM would have had to handle everything with Charlie differently & Jacob would have likely died at Bella's hands. So... yeah. It's a tricky business changing stuff. :write:
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

VolturiGirl wrote:
openfire wrote:I have Purgatory: A Love Story & can send it to you if no one else already has?

Do you mind sending it my way too if it is not too much trouble. I need a new fanfic to read. Thanks.!
Amy - No probs :) You want to PM me your email & I will send it to you?
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

SwanCullen wrote:Anybody here read How To Win Back The Love Of Your Existence and How To Get Your Balls Back? Well, the author MissyPooh has another FABULOUS story out! Here is all the info:
I just read those two the other day. How To Win Back The Love of Your Existence was so funny. It is right up there with Wallbanger. I think Emmett made the story. I mean I love the ExB story plot, but Emmett made me laugh so much.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I just realized that Khar's blog will be closed sometime tomorrow :cry: . It's going to be a sad day when we can't read EP again whenever we like...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Quick check-in...

Is anyone reading Savage's "Offside"?? I can't say no to anything to with soccer personally. (Sorry, int'l friends- I mean football, of course. LOL!) SO yeah... if you're reading it- *sniffle, sniffle* this morning, huh??

-Ginnie
Nora
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nora »

VirginiaMay wrote:Is anyone reading Savage's "Offside"?? I can't say no to anything to with soccer personally.
I can't resist soccer eather. :) Would you please give me the link? I'd love to read it!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Nora wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Is anyone reading Savage's "Offside"?? I can't say no to anything to with soccer personally.
I can't resist soccer eather. :) Would you please give me the link? I'd love to read it!
Here you go: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7036128/1/Offside

Quick warning though... Edward is a big, fat, All-Human jerk to start. Oh, and rated M. :blush:
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

VirginiaMay wrote:While we're on the subject though, if there is one thing I would have changed about Breaking Dawn, (besides erasing all of Book 2 aka Jacob's POV), it would have been Bella's first hunt & the control she had over her thirst when encountering human blood. I thought that was the one main failure in portraying a realistic (at least in the Twilight universe, LOL) transition into becoming a vampire. Unfortunately, in order to change that and make Bella experience more of what a typical newborn experienced, SM would have had to handle everything with Charlie differently & Jacob would have likely died at Bella's hands. So... yeah. It's a tricky business changing stuff. :write:
Yes, and Breaking Dawn would have been 3 times as long. Not that I would have minded. But I guess she had to take some shortcuts to make it all fit together. Jacob's POV just annoyed me to no end. I would have wanted Edward's POV, to feel his pain through entire process... I think that's why I like fanfics who also include EPOV. That's something I missed in SM's writing.

I'll look into Offside too. I'm a soccer girl.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

VirginiaMay wrote:Quick check-in...

Is anyone reading Savage's "Offside"?? I can't say no to anything to with soccer personally. (Sorry, int'l friends- I mean football, of course. LOL!) SO yeah... if you're reading it- *sniffle, sniffle* this morning, huh??

-Ginnie
Ooooh, a soccer-related fanfic?? YAY!! Might have to add that to my ever-expanding Soon-to-be-divorced-To-be-read list.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

VirginiaMay wrote:Quick check-in...

-Ginnie
I started reading Offside this morning and I couldn't put it down. Ya you were not kidding about the *sniffle sniffle* especially the last few chapters. I do love the "contest" she is putting on for Daddy C though.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers