The fashion thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The fashion thread

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Suzan wrote: Anyway, I wanted to say to Jacobs-girl that I'm a redhead too and I'm usually very careful with red lipstick. If you have red hair (and very thin, pale skin with a strong red undertone like me), bright red lipstick can be a bit too much. I don't wear a lot of lipstick, but my favorite right now is more brownish than red (like this one). I just use it very lightly and it nicely accentuates but doesn't overpower. I would say, try to look for pinkish or brownish red, but be very very careful with orange-based, fire-fighter, bright red. If that makes sense...
Yeah, I'm careful with what tones I use as they need to be just right. I'm quite fussy about lipsticks. :D Thanks for the tips.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but, as a redhead, I'm lucky that I tan evenly in the sun. And I don't have particularly pale skin (relatively fair as one would expect with my hair coloring, but not pale). A while ago, I went to the Chanel counter and got the makeup advisor to match a red lipstick to my skin tone and coloring.
Chanel Rouge Allure no. 14 is the one I ended up buying and I love it because it has a pink tone in it which lessens the harsh effect that you get with some red lipsticks. According to the blurb I read, it's also got a slight blue-ish tone (not apparent though) which is good for the fairer complexion. Used in moderation, it's really great, but of course everyone's skin is different.

Sheesh, sorry, I just read through those last sentences and realized I sound like a Chanel assistant...lol!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I do have to agree that red lipstick can go way wrong if used improperly. I'm more of a fan of natural colors, like what KS and Cher wear and those go along well with a punk rock look, too.

Oddly enough, though, if anyone's got any questions about nail polish color, oddly enough, I'd say that most things would work for most people 90% of the time. Strange how lipstick doesn't work well for different people, but nail polish is almost a polar opposite.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Yeah, I agree. I don't wear nail polish much though, apart from clear polish, because I can't be bothered with colors as they take too long to apply (I'm like Bella, too impatient to fuss about with things like that!) and look messy when they chip.

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I'd have to say that I wouldn't know due to being a guy aside from the fact that I used to do one of my cousin's nails all the time, and that stuff dried quickly. I guess that it depends on what you buy and how you use it.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

lady4string

Post by lady4string »

If anyone is interested, I do a 'looks for less' type blog and I take requests. :D
http://budgetfashionfinds.blogspot.com
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I have been on holiday for a week and got some time to get myself informed about the autumn fashion...
there aren't a lot of things I like about the new hot outfits... I mean Polka-dots are coming back, which I really don't like... also the dress like a man without any form is going to be big this season and I don't like that either...

What I think is going to be cute is the naughtie fashion, high collars, girly hair do but with short skirts and stockings... and the lace look will be awesome...
I don't know if you all saw the Emmy's but Gwyneth Paltrow was wearing a dress with black lace and it looked awesome... I'm really going for that look this season...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, maybe the majority of people here can look at Kristen for their fashion tips. Don't ask me for such tips, no matter what you do, because, one, I'm male, and two, I come from an area where some think it appropriate to wear flip-flops in the dead of winter.

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Chernaudi, I would wear flipflops in the winter if it was possible... that means you life in an area where it's possible...
here my toose would freeze off....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Chernaudi wrote: I come from an area where some think it appropriate to wear flip-flops in the dead of winter.
You're lucky that you live in an area where it's actually possible to wear flip-flops in winter. I'm very jealous! :D

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Actually, no. In the winter it's not uncommon to have a foot of snow on the ground and temperatures that are barely above 20 degrees F (whatever that equates to in metric). But some chicks still think that it's fashionable to wear them outdoors in spite of that. I can't help but think, "Well, why don't you just run around in a spaghetti strap top and shorts, or a bikini for that matter?"

I don't get it. I have nothing against it in a warm house, but I'd think that it'd be prudent to wear something more substantial outside here in winter.