Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

roguetwilightfan wrote:Would people be interested in Edward's version of Twilight done as a parody? I didn't know there so much fan fiction out on Twilight!

First of all, forgive for not seeing this and skipping right over your question, Rogue! What a way to welcome you to the thread, huh? :doh: Second, I believe I've seen this done once of twice before and I know there is a published parody out there called "Nightlight." I don't know who's point of view it's told in, though I imagine it follows Twilight's example, so Bella's?

Like Openhome suggested however, if that is something you'd be interested in writing for your own amusement, you may find a small audience for it. In my observation, the majority of Twilight fanfic readers are more interested in romance, drama, and humor, but not necessarily parody. That is just my perception though. With anything in fanfic though, you should write for yourself first.

Amy & Tracy... Thank you girls!! (And thanks to the rest of you lurkers who left me some love for Arms on FFn!) Yes, there is more to come. At least another 4 chapters or so. :)

A quick update for WDH readers: Chapter 29 is with the betas!! Update coming soon. :yahoo:
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

I second VolturiGirl's recs for Fold Your Wings and Unexpected Circumstances. Definitely for adult audiences only.

I have just started reading Substance Clad in Shadows by hollelujah. From her a/n "I do not write gratuitous smut, but there will be lemons somewhere in this story." And yes they arrived! It's a mystery which seems to be my genre of choice lately.

Any one have any good suspense/mystery recs?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Good Morning Fellow Fanfic Devotees!!

The Canon Tour has officially begun! Nearly 30 new Pre-Twilight stories have been posted and are available to read now. Visit The Canon Tour's FFn.net Profile to check them out! Also, be sure to vote for your favorites before September 14th, 2011.

As I go through them, I'll post here to discuss. I'm sort of hoping this thing might jump start some interesting and fresh conversations. :geek: What about you? Interested??

PS: StellaBlueBella~ I have seen some very intriguing mystery/thrillers out there, but those that I've read are WIPs that seem to have been put on an unannounced hiatus or something. Wish I could be more helpful.

PPS: What Drives Her updated this morning.
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

VirginiaMay wrote:Good Morning Fellow Fanfic Devotees!!

The Canon Tour has officially begun! Nearly 30 new Pre-Twilight stories have been posted and are available to read now. Visit The Canon Tour's FFn.net Profile to check them out! Also, be sure to vote for your favorites before September 14th, 2011.

As I go through them, I'll post here to discuss. I'm sort of hoping this thing might jump start some interesting and fresh conversations. :geek: What about you? Interested??

Ginnie!!! Thanks so much for the heads up on The Canon Tour stories! I subscribed to the page but I did not get a notification! :rant: FanFic site fail!! It will be interesting to go thru these reads! Thanks again!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

StellaBlueBella wrote:
Any one have any good suspense/mystery recs?
Rachel~ I read This Is Not My Life by isakassees about a year or so ago, and loved it. Here's the story summary in the author's own words: Follow Bella as she tries to survive a madman's abduction and keep a stranger's child from succumbing to his wild fantasies, and follow Edward as he tries to stay sane searching for his daughter taken right before his eyes.

The story is obviously all human and alternate universe. Edward's primary focus in life is his beloved young daughter whom he is raising as a single parent. Edward and Bella are stangers who have a chance encounter at a grocery store when Bella and his daughter are randomly kidnapped together. The story bounces back and forth between Edward and Bella's point of views, and you really feel Edward's desperation and helplessness as he tries to get his daughter safely home, just as you feel Bella's terror and determination to save Edward's little girl, and escape the clutches of their kidnapper. The Cullens and Charlie are wonderful characters and featured prominently in this story as well. It was very suspenseful, and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout much of the story. Let me know if you have any other questions about it. ;)

Has anyone else read "This Is Not My Life"?
Banner by TammyAZ
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

VolturiGirl wrote:
older_twilight_fan wrote:And did you see that Offside finished today? For those not reading: 125 Chapters, most less than 2000 words though. Very OOC Edward, but a good story in the end.
ya, I'm sad to see it end. I enjoyed getting to read a new chapter every day. I loved the ending though.
I'm a couple days late, but me too! I really liked having a new, short chapter to read every day, and I really did enjoy the story. Lovely ending! :)

Tracy, This is Not My Life sounds pretty intriguing! I will try to check it out if I get a chance (though I am still trying to catch up on Expectations & Other Moving Pieces! LOL).
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

newborntwifan wrote:Anyone have other recs? Looking for something else to get into...
So obviously you know Ginnie ... who I adore, but my first love is canon fanfic. If you haven't seen openhome's ff page, try it, especially Singularity (complete), Coalescence (complete), and Rogue (WIP), Alice's life and also some of Jasper's; and I love Edward A. Masen's My Lost Youth (WIP, 22 ch so far), EPOV, and so far we're up to his 10th month.

Thanks for the WDH update, Ginnie, and loving Arms, including the permanent pucker it has left me with :twisted:

Question for the group:

I see formal definitions out there for what a beta reader is, but some authors use the terms beta and pre-reader as if they are clearly separate things, and some other terms too. Can someone who uses these terms separately please define how they use them for me? :write:
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Reading MoBS again and I forgot how much Bella's unfiltered mouth makes me LOL (did we have a -ella nickname for her?)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:Reading MoBS again and I forgot how much Bella's unfiltered mouth makes me LOL (did we have a -ella nickname for her?)
The most common that I know of is SnarkElla, because that girls mouth is all snark. :twisted: Love me some MoBS!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Amanda Beth wrote:Reading MoBS again and I forgot how much Bella's unfiltered mouth makes me LOL (did we have a -ella nickname for her?)
Is the site open again? What I mean is, did she put her work back on line?
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers