Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Brienna »

I just wanted to let all of you know I posted my thoughts on the spoiler thread ;)
I loved the movie! It was great! I believe I had a smile on my face the whole time, even the times when I was crying :lol:
I'm in awe! I want to see it again NOW! But IF I get the chance to see it again in the theater, it won't be sooner than in two weeks... So, patience for me... :o

We managed that Marielle sat by me and my sister. It was really great sitting to someone as cool as Marielle ;) We had a lot of fun!

The doctor told me I have pelvic instability, so I wasn't really supposed to sit down for that long, but I believe it was worth it! At the end I did want to walk around for a bit, my sister and I just walked through the last break before BD1 and after the movie we took the long route to my car. I don't have to much pain today, so I hope it didn't affect my recovery too much...
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! aw, thank you. i've been holding that in for a week! :lol: i've missed you all here! it's going to take me some time to catch up with you all, so i'll do that after the movie comes out. i did check out what you were all saying about the premiere, and i agree they look gorgeous! i can't wait to go watch videos about it and see pics of beautiful gowns, etc. :) but dah, babyboy is crying at me and i have to get him breakfast. :oops:

ok, caryn, that is so awesome that you could have been right there in that pic! WOW!! i'm glad for you friends. i can only imagine they had the most amazing experience. so cool.

i don't care even an ounce what critics think. it's just so obsolete. they don't get the saga, so they won't get part 1 of the end. their loss. ok, i must go. sorry for being so MIA. i can't wait to return!

by the way, speaking of returning, i'm going back to the gym today. i pretty much stopped in march when life went all crazy. well, my pudgy tummy is telling me it's time to go back, so here we go... totally not looking forward to it. but it's always the first week or two that's hard and then you start feel more energetic and powerful, and it's worth it. i just keep telling myself that.

i am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited about seeing the movie thursday night!!!!!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I so badly want to read the spoilers, but I am trying my hardest not to. I have seen enough clips so I actually want to be suprised lol!

Hope you all are doing well! I had to check in, as it's been so long!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

At the cinema again!!! Made reservations for tomorrow!
yes you can call me a bit crazy

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*stumbles in from the Spoilers Thread*

:o I… I just… :? I don’t know… :worried: ARGH!!! I don’t know what to think!! I spent close to three hours chatting with Aura about the film… and I mean in frustrating excruciating detail. I know that there are a mass of moments I’m going to be sighing and squeezing and just grinning like a loon. But, yeah, apparently there’s going to be one scene where I’m going to need to be restrained from throwing the closest small child at the screen. And, ironically, it doesn’t involve anyone of the wolfy persuasion. INV RANT: I have a serious feeling that this will turn out to be my parking lot scene for BD1, that scene that jars me because it is so completely out of character and impossible and that I love the movie in spite of. The funny thing is, in my head, I agree with it… with him and truly wanted him to do that in the novels. But, in the end, he didn’t and wouldn’t have and it’s completely out of character. And the fact that he’s doing it is just…wrong. END INV RANT. Other than that, it actually sounds like I might walk out of the theater fairly happy.

Lynne~ What so fantastic to me is that they have always been that way, from the beginning. They weren’t always comfortable with the level of mania. But, they always acknowledged that the fans drove this thing more so than anyone else and they were grateful for their dedication. Even outside of The Saga. Rob showed up to the WfE New York premiere early to make sure that there was enough time to meet and greet fans who had gathered. He was out there an hour before Reese showed up. As for the photographers (yes at events like this, those are true photojournalists, not papz), I tend to forgive them at events like these. Yes, they yell to get their attention, but they are respectful and it is a set part of the evening. They don’t follow them down the carpet and they don’t provoke.

Sean~ I saw that and I was sooooo happy! Apparently, Kristen specifically requested from the SWatH team that she be able to attend, primarily because none of the trio were available to attend the Eclipse London premiere and they were a bit upset.

Marielle~ Thanks for your thoughts on the Spoiler Thread. My head is kind of spinning after reading it. Yes, I saw that pic and had the same reaction. ARGH!!! You’re killing me!!

Raine~ Good luck. Sorry, but I’m useless at excuses. I usually just end up saying, I’m leaving to see a movie! :lol: Although, I have a lot of offsite meetings, so that may be used in a pinch as well. I’m figuring I’ll probably have 4 viewings in by Sunday, but we’ll see.

Brienna~ So happy to read your thoughts as well. Thank you for sharing. I’m glad that you were able to make it through the film without any issues. Argh, it would kill me to wait 2 weeks. I’m spoiled rotten.

Lulu~ While I care what the critics think in terms of the performances, I really try not to pay attention, particularly to story criticisms. The reality is that critics demonstrated with Twilight that they were never going to do the background work to understand the Saga in order to be able to intelligently critique it. I mean, for heaven’s sake, one critic harped on the “continuity error” of being able to see James’ reflection in the mirror in the dance studio for 2 paragraphs. DUH!! Personally, I believe any film critic worth their salt who wants to critique a movie based on a book should at the very least read the book on which is based first. And, also, a movie critics job is to critique the film adaptation, not the story line. Now, if they critique the fact that the page-to-screen adaptation is lacking, than that’s legitimate. But if it’s a critique of the original story, than it doesn’t have a place in the film critique.

JennJenn~ I literally CAN’T stay spoiler free. It’s just not a good thing.

I'm starting to get antsy... I HATE waiting and it's this last 24 hours that's going to do me in. I'm going to be completely useless tomorrow!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yeah, standard apology for the double post...

Rob&Kristen are STUNNING at the London premiere.

Rob was showing a lot of concern about Kris, keeping his arm around her as they walked. There were reports earlier of her limping when leaving the Pattinson house before the premiere. Seems her ankle is still giving her a hard time. Of course Rob wasn't letting her go *sigh*

C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Caryn I'm just totally, absolutely agreeing with your invisible rant. I literally had to stop myself from screaming and I do think I did make sounds, cuz my sister nudged me quite hard in my ribs :lol: (no, it's not funny....:()
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey all,

28 hours till I get to see the movie now!!! One more day at work to go... here's hoping it goes fast!!!

UK premiere - Oh man, Caryn just bet me to posting pics!! LOL. I watched a little bit on the live stream - Rob signing autographs to lots of screaming LOL.
I love what they are wearing tonight too - they all look great!!

Marielle & Paula - I am so glad you had a great time last night!! Reading about your views of the film has made me both releived & extra excited!!

Marielle - Where about in the credits is the extra scene? Right at the end of them all? Just so I know when it should be LOL.
Yay for getting to see it again before any of us still LOL. And also yay for going tomorrow too!!

Paula - I am glad you were able to watch all the films without getting too sore! I hope you get to go again soon!

Caryn - Thanks for the pictures from the LA premiere - your friend's drawing is excellent!!
I think I know what you mean from your invisible ink... I'm kind of worried about that part too (if it is what I think it is) but hopefully it's brief and not as bad as we think...

Lynne - I read 2 reviews this morning. One was really bad, but the other was pretty good. You aren't gonna please everyone, and there are so many people out there who will automatically hate it because it's Twilight. I like what Lulu said about reviews actually!

Sean - Thanks for letting us know that Kristen is at the UK premiere too. I am so glad! Just missed a bit about it on the news here... but it will be repeated so it's cool LOL. In fact Ann Marie (and maybe Deb??) is at the premiere just now - hopefully they will have some good stories for us when they get back!!
When will you be seeing the film?

Raine - Just tell your boss, "eh it's Twilight"! :lol: Seriously though, I hope you get there ok!
Btw, how's things going with your neice? Hope you are getting some time to yourself too! :)

Lulu - Hey there! Are you going to the midnight showing tomorrow? I couldn't remember or not LOL.
I hope the gym was ok today!

JennJenn - Also, hey there! LOL. How are things with you? When will you be seeing the movie?

Ok gotta run. Haha, the video for It Will Rain had just came on!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Because you can never have too much Rob in grey...

Rob's taking his little turn on the catwalk. :lol: (Bonus points to the first person who calls the song reference)

JawP0rn, London Style.

This makes me hurt and *sigh* at the same time. Who says chivalry is dead?

Ummm, yeah.... Holy Sweet Mother of Mozart's Ghost!!!

Jaclyn & Brienna~ I think what kills me most is that I'm torn about it. A part of me, a big part if I'm honest, WANTED him to do that in the books, wanted him to call her out on the way she reacted, the way she manipulated everything. I always hated the way he reacted, but I also hated that he never really let her know how he felt. So, in a way, I totally agree with what happens. But only in my head. My heart and my purist side KNOWS that under no circumstances would Edward have done that, period. It just isn't him. He went out of his way, tolerated above and beyond anything he should have had to deal with to keep her calm and happy. So for them to portray him reacting that way... :banghead: :banghead: And, worse, I am absolutely positive that Rob owned that scene, those moments. He's talked all along about enjoying playing Edward's emotions finally, playing him with a little less control. But, still... it's as out of character as when, in Twilight he said, "it wouldn't be like drinking your blood, for instance." It's going to jar me and pull me out of the film completely.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Jazz Girl wrote:It's going to jar me and pull me out of the film completely.
At least it looks like only that 1 part in the film which is so OOC (as far as I know...trying not to read spoilers yet!). Hopefully it will be a short part of a scene, and then we can let go of the breath we will be holding & enjoy the rest of the movie. Don't worry Sister; it will be ok :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!