Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn: Does it need 2 parts?

Post by cullengirl »

Do you think the decision of splitting Breaking Dawn into 2 parts is valid? Do you think it could be made just fine as one movie? Discuss your thoughts here.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn: Does it need 2 parts?

Post by marielle »

No, they could have done until after Charlie and Bella meet after her transformation and just stop there... we don't need the Volturi confrontation... the story will make perfectly scenes with out it...
they just should have Aro agreeing with Marcus in the extra scene and have everybody happy!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I agree with you, marielle. I think it's a mistake cutting it into two segments. It could easily have been released as one movie and it would be a lot more satisfying as one whole continuous story.

Also, having to wait a year to see part 2 (another whole year! :cry: ) is just annoying.

I think that it will be confusing for people who haven't read the book because if they see part 1 now and then go to see part 2 next year, there's lots of important details which were referenced in part 1 and which people who haven't read BD might not remember by the time part 2 is released. I think that they should do a quick re-cap + summary of part 1 at the beginning of part 2, as a look back at part 1 would be helpful to refresh the audiences' memory.

I wonder when they will release a trailer for part 2....
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Jacobs-girl.... A trailer, I think won't be release very early...
I hope they are planning on moving the release to July (as there are rumours about that) but if not I think the release schedule will be the same as with part 1... a first look with the MTV awards or maybe with the release of the DVD (which I think will be shortly before the awards)...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I'm one of those people who believe they definitely needed two parts. This part already felt rushed. Think about what would have been cut from part one if they had to fit that in one hour!

About the release of a trailer: I saw an interview from the LA premier red carpet with two actors who said they were a new coven to be introduced in BD2. They said their characters were from France and that they weren't in the book. I'm kind of wondering what that is about, but it did gave me an idea. Also because we haven't seen that much from the Denali's and of the other covens and the producers and MR have said early on that it was difficult to introduce so many characters in one film.
I'm thinking that we'll get little clips of the different covens over the next year... Maybe... Just an idea, but I think it would be a cool thing to keep the anticipation going. A coven a month. ;) Or something. From the DVD release until November 2012.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Suzan wrote:I'm one of those people who believe they definitely needed two parts. This part already felt rushed. Think about what would have been cut from part one if they had to fit that in one hour!
Suzan, Oh yes I agree that if they would follow the book we need 2 parts...I too already missed a lot of small things in this one..but I just meant that I wouldn't be bothered if they forgot about the whole Volturi part in the book and cut it off after Charlie left the Cullens alive and everybody be happy...
I really don't like the Volturi part in the last books so I'm all for skipping that!!

Some news on the trailer/dvd topic... it was just released that in Germany the dvd release for BD 1 will be 31th of April... that is if I'm correct just 3 weeks before the MTV awards... so my guess is a 10 second teaser on the dvd and a longer trailer during the award show...

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I do believe that if they wanna stick to the book, it sort of needs two parts. However, I'm not really a huge fan of the Volturi, period, so from that stand point, we can do without them, but they're in the book so they need their moments, too, though if this was in 1947 and set in England, some late WWII long range fighters converted into dive bombers/ground attack aircraft would fix that :) Or if set later in the UK, they can face attacks from aircraft of the same species, and maybe a bit of venom.

Anyways, I'd rather see them stick to the book after some of the stuff we've gotten ticked off about in the previous couple of films.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
JustmeKarin
Settled in Forks

Post by JustmeKarin »

I never read the book, cause I wanna see the film and not feel dissappointed, because I missed stuff from the books :)

But however I felt like part 1 was flying by. I don't excactly what is yet to come and leave most of it up to imagination (else I just ask my sis :P, cause I don't want to know everthing ) , but I am glad it's in two parts for now. Cause I really like to see another Twilight movie :) , can't judge completly untill I see it. But still looking forward to the part 2 of it all. As for not remembering what happend in part 1. I am one of those persons that buys the dvd as soon as it's released ( I did this with all parts) So before part 2 comes I will know part one inside out :)
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The pacing of this movie was too slow for my liking, and felt like they could've done things in one movie because one of the few things I was actually looking forward too didn't live up to my expectations. I honestly had really low expectations for this movie to begin with, and just watching it made me want to sleep and possibly cry. I kinda feel like they could've moved certain parts of the movie a little quicker, like the wedding, the honeymoon and pregnancy, and didn't name all the vampires coming to protect the half-breed, it honestly could've been one movie.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I think it should definitely be two parts. I would be bothered if they didn't stick to the book and ended it with Charlie seeing the Cullens. I don't like most of the changes they make from book to movie, so having them just lose an entire part of the book? Please not.
Introducing all the different characters to the next movie, that would've never fit into one movie, or it wouldn't have done justice to it at all!
I didn't feel this movie was rushed as a movie itself, but knowing the books, I did miss things. And I was kind off waiting for things to happen, then they didn't and the movie was already a step ahead of me. I'll have to watch it a second time ;)