Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Tornado »

Thank you for the reassurance, Suzan. I had hoped it might be better in the context of the movie. When I went to watch it I said to myself, "It might be better just to wait for the movie", especially since there was less than 24 hours until I saw it! But what can I say? I have no will power!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Seriously, I can't even delve into my level of disappointment here...

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at the Special Features. I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I honestly can't. The lack of Rob&Kris commentary doesn't surprise me that much. I'm bummed to be sure, but not surprised. Plus, I think that BC will be a hoot to listen to. The Edward&Bella wedding video has possibility, but that's because I'm a complete and total sap. I'm ecstatic there is, in fact, a FFtoEdward option, because I think that will vastly improve the quality of the film. But, what snaps my teeth together something fierce is the lack of deleted/extended scenes. Even if you get beyond the extended love scene footage (which I knew we'd never get anyways), there are AT LEAST 3 additional scenes that we know we didn't get and two that we know were cut short. WTH Summitt?!?! Throw us a bone. We've kept your little company from going bankrupt for the last 4 years and in stead of showing us a little appreciation with some actual content like extended/deleted scenes, you give us a featurette on the mongrel's destiny?? Seriously?? Sweet Jesus, when on gods' green are you all going to figure out that this franchise is built and carried on the LOVE STORY, not some completely non-existant love triangle that YOU forced down our throats to justify TayterTot ripping off his shirt every 10 seconds.

:banghead: :evil: :rant: :banghead: :evil: :rant: :banghead: :evil: :rant:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Do they always mention deleted and/or extended scenes on the back cover? Could it be possible that they're there, but they haven't said? Is that the blu-ray? Maybe they'll save it for that.

Or maybe they'll save it all for the special five box special edition they'll make us buy when we've bought them all anyway, just like they've done with Star Wars. And they wonder why people put these things on youtube! NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tornado wrote:Do they always mention deleted and/or extended scenes on the back cover? Could it be possible that they're there, but they haven't said? Is that the blu-ray? Maybe they'll save it for that.

Typically, yes, you will see mention of the deleted/extended scenes as they are actually a big selling point. *insert several not-thread-appropriate invectives here*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

If it turns out that there are none you will hear my reaction from America! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

And thus I'm starting to not want to buy the dvd when the cover looked so promising. Why Summit, why? The Twilight Saga is about Edward and Bella, not Jacob and his destiny no matter how much you and select others want it to be.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I've read that there may be an extended cut running 135min on the DVD + Blue-ray combo...
Hope :worried: Hope

Maybe the shot you have is the single disc edition...
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

GrayceM - so maybe they've put those bits back in the movie?????? Oh, if only I could believe it!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Has anyone heard any more about the DVD extras? I've not seen anything more about extended or deleted scenes...Just the Jacob thing where we see a little of Jacob's destiny...
Like I care about Jacob at this point ?!? :roll: I want more of the story...the love story...the passion, the anguish, the anger, the worry over Charlie, the humor...
I have no doubt that to some Jacob's destiny is vital, but for me...at this point in the story...Jacob is still in the woods as far as I'm concerned. I want more Bella and Edward! Maybe the documentary will be like the one on Twilight...there were a lot of things shown there that weren't seen. But come on...even Twilight had deleted and extended scenes!
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I agree, Grace. But it doesn't look like there are any extra scenes on any of the DVDs. I'm betting they'll save them for the five movie boxed set they'll release in 2013! :rant: