Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by SwanCullen »

Susie-I do enjoy that part lol! (Although she was home sick today.) I just don't like them I don't work, I like them better when I do, for some odd reason lol.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Caryn & Songbird: I think that the cretins from Jersey Shore need to have a run-in with Agito Makishima, the Three Stooges, or perhaps even Al Bundy. Besides, Ed O'Neill, the guy who played Al on Married with Children, is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I don't think that those morons from Jersey Shore would have anything on this guy, even though he'll be 66 in April, because they're stupid and PO'd the wrong Old Age Pensioner.

Marielle: Not really F1 related, but there's some bad rumors about Peugeot's involvement in the FIA/ACO's World Endurance Championship. Rumor has it that Peugeot has released several drivers because of scaling back to a two car program for Le Mans and the WEC. Running two cars full time in the WEC was the plan, but at LM, most factory teams run 3 cars, but that might not be in the cards for Peugeot. That'll make it difficult for Peugeot against Audi this year, as Audi, between their factory team and a rumored private team, may have 4-5 cars entered at LM this year, and Peugeot will have issues with their former rumored plan to run 2 normal 908s and one hybrid at LM, while Audi for sure will have at least 2 hybrids at LM more than likely if their hybrid system works. This seems to be in part because of a slumping French economy and a stagnating European economy, weak sales in most European markets (something that doesn't seem to be hurting Audi, in part because of North American and Asian exports), and having to cut budgets and their current workforce.

It seems that a stagnant European economy and the instability of the Euro may be killing one of the WEC's main attractions, and won't help them against an Audi Sport team that wants to put a fairly disastrous 2011 season behind them where they only won Le Mans.

Everyone: Speaking of Ed O'Neill, I'll be watching Married with Children later tomorrow morning. I'll also be watching Top Gear, reading, and eating some small pizzas that I tried last night. I also have some new limeade that's frozen that I'll make when I get around to thawing it. So those are my plans tonight. I also might check out my Hornet book tonight if I'm bored enough, but that'll probably be a thing for tomorrow night depending on what's on TV, as I do plan on getting back online at 2:00-3:00 before Married with Children comes on.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Girls,

I am just warning you I am on a :rant: .
Quick drive by but I just saw the news about the BD PT1 DVd. I am so not thrilled with the extras they put in, if that is what they even want to call it. I am sure you have all discussed this and I am late on the ban wagon but no deleted/extended scenes? WTH? I don't care about a flower prop that comes with the collector's edition from Target. I was honestly hopping they would do the snapshots that they did with Twilight( Borders verision) and Eclipse( Target verision) which I loved. The topper why is the mutt even on the cover? Especially with the ending of hello what this was all about E & B really just chopped my hide. :evil:.

Girls I am sooo on fire right now I need a glass of wine!

NIghty night.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, Everybody! I hope your Monday was a good one! I spent the evening at the Celebrate Recovery meeting before heading over to a friend's house to watch part of the BCS Championship game between Alabama and LSU. I ended up back home around 9:30 p.m., grabbed a quick shower and graded a set of papers while the last quarter of the game played in the background. Bama did an awesome job beating LSU. It's not an Auburn win, but it's a win for the state of Alabama just the same. :D Anyhoo... I'll be headed to New Orleans this weekend for a very unplanned, spur-of-the-moment trip. One of my best friend's daughter is on a competition team for gymnastics, and they are competing there this weekend. Well, her husband is a long-haul truck driver and is broken down in Colorado and won't be able to make it home to go with them, so she wants me to go instead. I am NOT looking forward to the drive, but it will be a fun trip just the same. Ok... on to your posts before it gets way to late and I get too sleepy.

SUSIE~~ KAYLA is a yes!!! Yay!!! :clap: Only you and I could be THAT excited about teaching grammar! :lol:
TRACY~~I recently contracted some MALWARE virus while reading a fan-fic over on Twilighted. It took me going back to system recovery and setting the date back to an earlier date so I could even download a MALWAREBYTES remedy. Grrrrr! I feel your frustration! The problem with even McAfee or Norton is that they don't usually catch the Malware.
LYNNE~~ I am so sorry you're getting dislikes on your video. I think it's quite brilliant, so don't get discouraged!
SONGBIRD~~ Your dream about MARIELLE being a lounge singer just cracks me up!! I have a feeling Marielle could do just about anything she set her mind to! ;)
MARIELLE~~ :o 77 e-mails!! I hope you were able to make some headway with those!
CARYN~~ :clap: :clap: :clap: A definite YES!!!! Yipee!! I'm so glad you got to meet AngelatTwilight! I'll tell you, being able to meet SUSIE, TRACY, and RACHEL has been a true blessing! I can't wait to meet a bunch of you other sisters at the HH CON!!
JACLYN~~ I would love to see your invitation! You should post a pic of it on FB or here on the Lex! I'm so glad the wedding plans are going so well!
SWAN CULLEN~~ Celebrate Recovery is the Christian version of AA. It is based on the Beatitudes and is scripturally based in dealing with addictions to alcohol, drugs, food, etc. I eventually want to lead a group at my church, so I am going through a course at this church first.
SEAN~~ How'd the limeade turn out? I've gotten hooked on a drink this winter that I LOVE... I take a Sierra Mist Natural and mix it with Ocean Spray Cran-Grape juice. It is sooooo good!
Ed's Rags~~ DITTO on the BD1 DVD! Bah Hum Bug! Summitt just has no concept of how to be good to loyal fans who virtually launced their entire company!

I am off to check messages on POF and Mingle! Have a Terrific Tuesday! I'll see Y'all tomorrow night after I force myself to go buy groceries and take the rest of the Christmas decs down!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Desiree - yes, we've all had our grumble about the DVD! No deleted or extended scenes! I'm ropeable! They'll be saving them for the boxed set they'll make us buy in a year or two when they don't have anymore Twilight movies to milk us for.

Tonise - Enjoy your trip to New Orleans!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

You know, my brain is so fried with sleep and just utter boredom that I don’t even know what to write….

Anyway something horrific popped up on my screen, apparently there are pictures on the internet of Kris and some friends, they seem like very private “girls have fun” pictures, I wonder how they got out…

Now posts…

Caryn, I’m so happy for you that you finally got to meet your friend face to face…I guess the HH-con will be something like that…we will be giddy 18 year olds for a whole weekend.
You’ll have to explain to me what BTS is because this dutch girl doesn’t get it…but the set has more than 15 hours of making of footage and behind the scenes footage so I guess it’s on there…

Songbird, wow the distance between Toronto and Chicago seems a lot bigger on map but if you can drive it in a day we will have a lot of time… I’m not yet sure if I want to take the route through Michigan or the southern route around lake Erie, that’s what I’m hoping to find out Friday. Our idea is just to drive for a while until we see a beautiful spot and stop there, I don’t think we will book all the hotel before going, we only book the hotels in Toronto and Chicago.
Thanks for the tips, if you have more please send them, because we can find so little good information about what is really nice to do I’m very depended on what others are telling me.

Susie, you speak like a woman who loves her job… just wait when I find a job I really love I’ll enjoy Mondays as well…I tried to think about that it’s only 5 days of torture, that they fly by but that doesn’t seem to work. Any other positive visualization I can’t find, perhaps my bank account that will stay positive…but that has always been my relationship with work…

Lynne, I would love a job in the writing industry, I have even dreamed about becoming a scriptwriter but it would all need a complete education to do it properly…as you see my issue is that I like too many things and non of them I have the education for…if I hadn’t had a house to pay for than I would have gone back to school but it’s financially not possible.

Sean, a lot of racing teams are scaling down, it is becoming too expensive as long as the car sale isn’t going up…do you watch the Dakar? It’s on tv now… our dutch truckers are doing really well…

Tonise, what you said to Songbird about me is so sweet!!! I just love you for that, it makes me smile on the miserable morning.
Yep 77 emails!!! Something I think they can’t function without me around here! All mails are about, I need help, or could you do this for me! Grrrrrr…

I really have to get to work… I have so much to do today…

See you all later!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

marielle - I wrote a competent script with the aid of a book - The Screenwriter's Bible by David Trottier. While I confess that no one's optioned the script a professional did read it, someone belonging to one of the companies who produced The King's Speech, and he said that my script was well written, but they didn't consider it commercially viable. :( At least he said it was well written, and I had no more education than the book mentioned above.

I took Little Man to the waterslide park again today, since it was so stinking hot here. He made me proud by taking on the bigger slide several times and not needing me to catch him at the bottom anymore. By the end of our time there I was sitting on the side of the pool and he was swimming over to me after each slide. He's not the most graceful swimmer in the world, but it was great to see him being so independent!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone :)

Desiree: We cursed and screamed about the lack of special features for the standard BD1 DVDs, and we suspect that Summit hasn't learned from our moaning about Twilight and New Moon in that respect. I hope that whoever buys Summit does what Volkswagen Group did to former Porsche boss Wendelin Wiedeking, who ran Porsche into debt when he tried to buy controlling interest in Volkswagen. Dr. Weideking was basically paid by VAG to leave Porsche--in other words, he was paid to retire so that he, VAG, and Porsche were able to save face and a mutually beneficial ouster was arranged. I hope that the same happens to Summit's management, unless their suitor's management is equally as flawed, in which the new boss will be the same as the old boss, like in the Who song "Won't Get Fooled Again".

Marielle: I'm not really following Dakar, and if it wasn't for the internet, I probably wouldn't be able to follow the WEC unless the FIA/ACO broker a deal with Speed, who show the 24 Hours of Le Mans here in the US.

As for Peugeot, it's speculation at this point, but signs coming from European members of a racing forum that I visit, the news with Peugeot isn't good--they're laying people off and need to save where they can to boost profits. Audi isn't hurt as bad because they export so many cars to Asia (Japan and China, namely), North America, and South America--Audi's sales in China are stronger than in Continental Europe, and their NA sales are also stronger than in the EU. Rumor also has it that Peugeot might move their racing priories elsewhere, as with the arrival of electric hybrid systems on LMP1 cars, and with Toyota coming in and rumors of Honda and Nissan coming in, as well as the commitment of Porsche in 2014, it seems that Peugeot might be worrying about getting caught in the middle of a spending war that they can't win, be it in terms of dollars or on-track results.

Everyone: I'm about to get offline for a while again--Married with Children is about to come on and I have to keep an eye on our wood stove. I'll be back soon, though, to check in on posts and what not.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

Another fly by I'm afraid!

Just to let you know though: I have posted YOUR invite on the HH fb page to our wedding! I know no one can come, but I still wanted to ask you all :)

Could someone refresh my memory - is it only Christina that is not on fb? Anyone else? I want to email the people who can't see the invite there. Obviously don't want to post it online, since it had our personal details etc! (so please don't post it LOL!).

Thanks! :)

Gotta run now. Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Just a drive by hello! Finally was able to have some me time for the first time in 3 weeks today. So what did I do? I took a 2 hour nap lol! I have not had good sleep in a long whileso it was nice. Ill be back later, with a longer post. Happy Tuesday!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story