Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by openfire »

Just a quick reply to couple things...

Christina - Great to see you back!!

Marielle - Yeah it is tradition for the brides parents to invite guests to their daughters wedding, but a lot of people don't do that anymore. I wanted to though, as I think it is really nice. Plus, they are paying for a lot of it, so it's the least we would do is advertise them! LOL!
Where about were you looking at hotels? Our venue is about 20 miles outside Edinburgh - if you were going to come, you should stay near the venue, which is a lot cheaper than the city. In fact, we have 1 more room left in the hotel (only has 13 rooms total LOL) and there are budget places practically next door (Premier Inn and a Travel Lodge). Let me know if you want me to check out those for you! :)

Amy & Songbird - We are going to New York for our honeymoon :D

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Raine - I'm sorry the filming put you out. And what's more: a Bourne movie without Matt Damon?!?! I won't see it!

Songbird - Yes, we're lucky where we are. We're way out of the flood danger zone. Yes, some people are still struggling on. Yes, Little Man's had swimming lessons since he was two. It's best to do that over here, as so many people have pools. A lot of children drown in swimming pools. Hm, what's the problem with the choir director? It's a shame that it isn't working out. Yes, you do have to have a youtube account to be able to 'like' something.

Amy - I'm glad your son's teeth are good!

Today I'm off shopping to try and find birthday presents for my brother and my father. In our family we have two birthdays in January and two in February. It's always hard to find things straight after Christmas!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Oh my word! :shock: How will we ever survive this movie? :swoon:
Another gorgeous shot. I don't think I'll ever get enough of Rob in period tuxedos, suits, costumes, etc.

Oh movie distributors and movie executives everywhere....please, please, please give us the opportunity to survive this movie on the big screen. 8-)
...pleads Tracy while begging on hands and knees :D

Hope everyone is doing well, and barring unforeseen and unexpected computer issues, I'll check back in with you later tonight. ;)
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Tracy,
That is beyond worthy of being called a "hump day" pic. *swoon*

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First, some comments.

Songbird: Secret War is a TV show about World War II secret operations and spy activities. The first episode was about how the US government collaborated with a mobster to safeguard NYC ports and possibly the Mafia in Sicily. Last night's was about German Jews who served in British Army Special Forces such as the SAS, SOE, and Special Interrogation Group. So it's about stuff like that.

Marielle: I'm not a big fan of Robby, and in the US, unless it's NASCAR or to a lesser extent F1, most Americans can care less about auto racing. We don't even have the WRC on TV here aside from small bits on a Speed Channel highlights show because rallying isn't popular here in the states, and I don't even think that the WEC will have much coverage here outside of the 24 Hours of Le Mans unless the FIA and ACO ink a deal with Speed soon, as Speed covers the 24 Hours of Le Mans every year. But the ALMS--which share the 12 Hours of Sebring with the WEC this year--has a deal with ESPN, so that'll complicate things. Thank god for Speed Channel's die hard sportscar gurus John Daygs and Marshall Pruett.

General things: I was just at the Kristen Stewart page at IMDB, and there was a bit of a crap argument about why Kristen didn't attend the PCA's. Well, here's the facts: Kristen wasn't nominated for anything (BD wasn't out in time for any nominations), she didn't have a film to promote, and she was probably wasn't invited, and even if she was, I don't think that Kristen or Rob are ones to attend stupid award shows--and yes, I think that the PCA's and MTV movie awards are sort of stupid. Yeah, it's nice that these events allow fans to show support for Kristen and Rob, but the PCA's last year were simply cringe worthy for those who remember it. And the MTV awards aren't much better.

Unless they have a film to promote, Kristen and Rob don't make it a habit to attend an awards show, though, oddly, Kristen does seem to like to attend fashion shows in London when she's there.

Also while at Kristen's IMBD page, I found an article where Rob said that non-creative people should be imprisoned. Well, Rob, I don't know what British prisons are like, but maybe he should know what goes on in our Federal, and, especially, State Prisons. The only creativity there is how to kill each other. Prison certainly didn't help reform Adolf Hitler, now didn't it? Of course, in Hitler's case, he lived a near luxury existence and came out more dangerous than when he went in.

I'm not so sure if Rob's idea would work unless he came to power and set up special prisons for those types of people. Of course, if Rob said that the paps and tabloid people should be put in prison, I'd be in complete agreement :)

Everyone: I found on Robstenation that there are books out containing Kristen, Rob, and Taylor interviews during the Twilight era to 2011.

Also, last night or this morning, which ever you prefer, I chatted on Facebook with my one friend. She's doing OK, I guess, considering that she's only less than two weeks removed from her ex dumping her on NYE. I mostly told her about what I was doing and I wanted to do as a general goal. But it was late, so we only talked for a few minutes. This started when I found out that she was sick recently, because she's somewhat allergic to pineapple. We then talked about our alcoholic beverage experiences (for those of you who don't know, I can't understand the appeal--most booze smells horrid, and most of the stuff I've tasted was about as horrible, and my friend isn't a drunk, either). But we talked for a while, and that was nice.

Tonight will have a TV bounty, after I feared that not much will be on. There's some good cooking shows on, such as Nadia G's B****in' Kitchen and the like, as well as a mini marathon of Ancient Discoveries on History 2. I don't know exactly what I'd want to eat tonight, but I've narrowed it down to either chicken taco salad, or fried chicken, which I haven't had that in a while.

Other than that, I'll be reading relaxing in the living room with the wood stove. This is the calm before the storm, and by Friday, it'll feel like hell froze over, and after that, it'll be noticeably cooler, even when it warms up.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

To celebrate Hump Day, let's just cut to the chase and watch the -

Bel Ami trailer!!

Tracy - Nice pics - I hope you don't mind my taking it one step further. I had a nice giggle picturing you on your hands and knees begging for the movie!!! IMDb says that Bel Ami comes out on March 2 in the US. Are you afraid that it will be limited release? Surely there are "artsy" movie houses in Nashville, right?

Jaclyn
- That would be so cool if Marielle could come to your wedding!!

Marielle - I love your hump day collage! Regarding your job - It seems like you've already decided that you need to look for a new one. I wish you the best of luck with that little project. It can be hard work, but energizing. I want you to be happy, so I hope you find something really challenging and fun.

Amy - :clap: Hooray for no cavities! I did call my doctor for an appointment - I go tomorrow.

Caryn - I'll just wait for the video clips and screencaps from the PCA. I don't think I will watch it live. Have fun with it. I really really hope we get some good RobCrack tonight!!! Like Pavlov's dogs, I'm drooling at the anticipation. :lol:

Songbird - I think most of us have "taken notes" at least once before for our posts. I know Tracy makes a habit of it. I usually do it in Word - both the Lex and Word minimized so I can see them side by side. I teach adult immigrants. Many of them come from limited educational backgrounds because they are refugees. Half of my students are from Somalia. I also have students from Ethiopia, Eritrea, Mexico, Ecuador, Russia right now, but usually I have some from Asia - China, Vietnam, Cambodia. We have open enrollment so I can get new students at any time, but that means that I lose students at any time also. I have a K-12 ESL teaching license which you need for Adult Basic Ed. I also have a Masters in ESL. It is a very fun job. I teach a 3 hour high intermediate class M-F and two 6 week sessions of Pronunciation a year on Fridays, afternoons, or evenings, depending on the schedule. I've already done one session, and the next one will be in the spring.

Raine
- Sorry you had such a long commute home. Exciting about having Bourne Identity filming there, but not if it is going to totally disrupt your life. Now had it been Breaking Dawn, that would be totally acceptable! :lol: Hang in there and report back to us.

Lynne - I totally agree about Rob's muscularity being preferable to that of Taylor's. I do like arms. Maybe that's because I can so easily imagine them around me...Rawwwr!

Christina - Wow. You had a crazy Christmas! Sorry you got so sick! That just isn't fair on Christmas. I'm so glad your car is all fixed. So funny what about that little interchange between the usher and your step-dad!! I'm glad Ginnie could come along. Was this the first time she met your parents? Can't wait for yet another TooJay's photo!!! Have FUN!!! I'll be there in spirit.

Sean - Sorry we all keep trying to give you advice. It's just that when you tell us you are unhappy, we want to help. It's just natural. I understand about the transportation issues. I think you mentioned that you live out in the country, so there is probably no mass transit options. If your brother goes in to town on a set schedule, perhaps you should reconsider lining up some sort of volunteer gig for even 1-2 hours. In my opinion, it would be worth it. I think it would really energize you. How about something library related? I know you hate to volunteer your services for something that you are qualified to get paid for, but I know libraries take volunteers for re-shelving books - maybe even a school?? Being a volunteer is a good way to get a foot in the door. When organizations are finally able to hire again, they prefer to hire people they already know rather than take a chance on the unknown.

Tonise - No need to worry about my knee problems with regard to my ability to attend the HHCON - I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE!! Any surgery on the cartilage will be within the next month and complete knee replacement won't be this year, so I'll be there. I might not be in the group touring the city, though! Maybe I can be the one who stays at the hotel in the HUB - we have to have someone do that right?? I've already toured Chicago many times already. We'll have to see how I feel then. Maybe I'll get a couple of cortisone shots ahead of time...

Ashley
- What are you working on?

EDIT: Sean - I didn't see your last post because I was preparing my post and didn't know that you had posted while I was doing that. Anyway - I love your defense of Kristen's not attending the PCAs. People forget that this is business for them, not personal. They go if it relates to their professional career. If not, it certainly isn't fun for them. I'm sure she wouldn't have fun there because she would be scrutinized, evaluated, and hounded by the Papzz. We can't blame her for not wanting to do expose herself to all that. If she and Rob want to go out and enjoy an evening together - it wouldn't be something like this.

Bye for now, all!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - man, that guy can wear a suit, can't he? And just about anything else, too, for that matter! :swoon:

Sean - as Rob rarely says anything seriously, I wouldn't take that comment too much to heart. Also. I'm always hesitant to put too much stock on quotes I only read in print, and don't hear directly from the mouth of the speaker. You'd be surprised how much of that is made up, and if not that, is taken out of context. I'm glad you had a nice chat with your friend, and I agree totally about alcohol. I can't stand drinking the stuff. It tastes disgusting. I don't understand why everyone raves about it.

Susie - now, Susie, deep breaths, okay? In ... out ... in ... out ... you keep thinking that way you might pass out! ;)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne: I wasn't really taking Rob seriously, but I do find the lack of creativity in H'wood to be appalling. However, serious or not, if he made those comments about the paps and tabloid people, I'd still be in total agreement.

Susie: Well, you bring up the big problem with just doing that stuff for 1-2 hours a week. The only day where he regularly leaves the house is on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, and the times that he leaves does vary, and he tends to not leave the house unless he has to.

Everyone: There is one show that I might try and watch on History 2 tomorrow. I don't know if you've seen promos for the film Red Tails or not. It's about the exploits of the Tuskegee Airmen, an all-African American fighter squadron that was one of the most successful fighter outfits of the USAAF in World War II. The show on H2 tomorrow was a documentary produced by Red Tails producers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg about the Tuskegee Airmen to help promote the Red Tails movie called Double Victory--victory over the Nazis, and victory over racism and their success helped lead to the integration of all races in the US Armed Forces in 1948. Red Tails is sort of like a better version of a film of the type of 2001's Pearl Harbor--A somewhat fictionalized/embellished account of real events, while Double Victory is a hard core documentary based on real events. Just letting you know that the show is on tomorrow if you, like me, can't make the theater--besides, as most of you know, I'd rather watch an actual history documentary on stuff like that rather than an embellished account, which George Lucas had admitted to some liberties being taken, him wanting to do this film for a long time, mostly to aim it at teens and give them some heroes from bygone years to look up to.

I'll be back later :)
Last edited by Chernaudi on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sean - yes, so would I!
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Hump Day!!

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that I have loaned my copy of WfE to my pastor to read. She's heard such good things about it and wanted to give it a try. I'm excited to see what she thinks. Once she finishes the book I'll loan her my dvd too.

Tonise~ I sympathize with you on the wonky weather. It definitely wreaks havoc with the respiratory system. Florida's been having similar issues. The cold fronts come through but they don't have any staying power, so we'll get a couple of days that are pretty cold and then we're right back to highs in the 80s. Last week we were having temps below freezing. This week we've been getting up into the 70s during the day. On a positive note though our humidity has been consistently low so even the warmer days are fairly comfortable. You can add me to the Yes column for HHCon. That's too bad that Pel can't make it. Ginnie and I liked talking to her at TwiCon.

Jaclyn~ Thank you for emailing me the wedding invite! It's very lovely, simple and elegant. I really wish we could all be there. I'm curious how do you pronounce your fiance's last name? You can email me if you don't want to post his name here.

Tracy~ If only Edward had been there. He could have stopped the guy from hitting my car altogether. ;)

Susie~ So sorry to hear about your knee. :( Sounds like it could be serious. I'm glad you won't let it keep you from attending HHCon though. Yep Ginnie met the 'rents for the first time. My mom actually said she felt like she knew Ginnie already because I talk about her so much.

Marielle~ Do I understand you got the special extended dvd edition of the Lord of the Rings trilogy? I have those too and I love them. That doc on the film horses is probably my favorite of the special features. Viggo seems like a real class act. Good luck in your job search.

Songbird~ A newbie arrived while I was MIA. :D Welcome to Rob's Halfway House! I'm Christina and I'm from Florida in the US. I work for a small financial advisory firm (7 years in April!) and I love my job. My official title is Research Analyst but that doesn't even begin to cover everything that I do. There are only 4 employees in my company so I've kind of become a jack of all trades around the office. To answer your question about the accident, my friend lives on a secluded dead-end street and there are rarely any cars around, so the neighbor didn't bother to look before he backed up. Betcha he'll start looking now huh? ;) It's really cool having my parents like Twilight so much and being able to talk to them about it, and I try to find new converts anywhere I can. I completely agree with you about that Twi-hater. I hate it when people talk trash about something they've never even tried. When you've actually given it a shot, then you can have an opinion. I would say as much to that guy if I ever met him, though I would probably use more colorful language. :lol: Yes we all love the Rob Strut. I have to give credit to Caryn for that deliciousness. She's got the best Robcrack collection on the planet and I've lost a few hours wandering around in her Photobucket.

Amy~ I actually had my regular dentist appointment today too. No cavities for me either. :thumbsup: I got lucky in the teeth genes department; they're very strong and straight.

Good night everyone!
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."