Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Okay, the silly dreams are back again!! I dreamed I had to build stone walls and plant flower for the HH… how silly is that… seriously in my dream Carlisle (yes Peter with the silly hair :shock: ) was helping me building the wall but it was really muddy so we got so dirty… (as you know me it got two side of that word)…

Hihi :D I asked everybody what they are doing for Christmas but I forgot to tell my plans…
Okay from the 15th on it will be only party weekend… the 15th my brother is celebrating his bday, the 16th is the bday party for my best friends daughter. Than the next week my uncle is celebrating his 50th bday on Saturday and my grandpa celebrated his bday the day after…
If that wasn’t enough, my mom wants to go out for dinner on Boxing day and have a family party on Christmas day…
Between that all I need to redecorate a house…lovely…

Okay, posts…

Lynne, it sounds like you have a busy Christmas arranged as well. I still can’t imagine celebrating Christmas in the middle of the summer… what temps you are having? Must be nice and warm…

Sarah, with divorced parents it’s even busier with Christmas. Sadly both my father and mother in law died over the last 6 years so we don’t really have that side of the family to go to. We will see if we can do something with my BiL and his girl but as they are just settling in their new house we are not sure if they have time.

Jaclyn, honestly, only a Scot can be happy about snow! We had snow as well but it’s didn’t stay…I still don’t like snow…

Austin, please update me on the Nexus tablet. I have the Nexus phone and love it but I’m thinking about switching to apple as I love how my Macbook works. So I can do with some advice.
On boxing day we are going out for dinner at a restaurant called Texas Ribhouse… you can imagine that’s good food… they serve only meat and no green stuff…

Desiree, I think those hick-ups are the cause of a crashing house market… seriously who would want to buy a house if it’s so damn difficult!!

Amanda and Austin, in BD2 Irina was first ripped to pieces before set on fire. In the book and in the movie.

Amanda, why did you mentioning Benjamin and temperamental elements causes me to have smutty thoughts???? Dang!! I now know I have a sick mind…

Susie, I love your memoire story…I have been thinking about writing about my trails with my heart issues, maybe to aid younger kids with it but I still don’t feel like I have the right to write my memoires yet.. I first need to grow up myself a bit more…
Yes, Little Brown would be a nice place to try for publishing. You’ll have to tell them that you already have a small market in Europe for it. It might help.
I can’t wait to see what you write about the HHcon… I’m curious if others remember it the way I do…

Alright…I’ll have to get into work…
See you all later!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ugh I can't sleep..still too keyed up..so I thought I'd do a quick post! Gave hubby a Benadryl to knock him out, he's got a job interview tomorrow (to permantely put him in the position he's in now...a formality) so tonight's stress didn't help! To think, I went out to get him a pizza so he could eat well because we somehow got our lines crossed on who was supposed to cook! And then I end up in a silly car accident. Here's hoping the weather will be dry the next few days, as I'm walking to work until we get the whole situation with my car figured out. I am so bummed though- this means no extra viewing of BD2 until it hits the cheap theater or likely getting the wedding ornament this month. Oh well. Life happens and now I need to react to it. I can just thank God I wasn't hurt.

Marielle- that's so sad :( divorce does make it difficult but we manage. They're at least civil to one another which helps.

Susie- thanks for the encouragement :) I generally enjoy helping people, as long as they're nice to me :) the rude people I can't stand!

I would respond to more posts but I'm losing my focus so I will catch y'all late. Sorry to whoever I missed!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ugh I can't sleep..still too keyed up..so I thought I'd do a quick post! Gave hubby a Benadryl to knock him out, he's got a job interview tomorrow (to permantely put him in the position he's in now...a formality) so tonight's stress didn't help! To think, I went out to get him a pizza so he could eat well because we somehow got our lines crossed on who was supposed to cook! And then I end up in a silly car accident. Here's hoping the weather will be dry the next few days, as I'm walking to work until we get the whole situation with my car figured out. I am so bummed though- this means no extra viewing of BD2 until it hits the cheap theater or likely getting the wedding ornament this month. Oh well. Life happens and now I need to react to it. I can just thank God I wasn't hurt.

Marielle- that's so sad :( divorce does make it difficult but we manage. They're at least civil to one another which helps.

Susie- thanks for the encouragement :) I generally enjoy helping people, as long as they're nice to me :) the rude people I can't stand!

I would respond to more posts but I'm losing my focus so I will catch y'all late. Sorry to whoever I missed!

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Sarah: My parents are still friends, which definitely makes everything easier. My dad doesn't like to travel though and he's Jewish, so he doesn't fly back to NY for xmas (he retired to FL). My poor brother and his wife have a hellish holiday. Her mom and step-dad are amazing -- we actually spend xmas eve with their family. But her dad is a jerk and her step-mother puts Cinderella's step-mother to shame. She's a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE person and they need to spend half of xmas day with them.

My life is boring. Really, really, boring. Of course, I say that now and it gets insane and I'll miss it being boring. I've wasted an hour on pinterest pinning completely irrelevant crap.. Blah.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

marielle - I'm used to warm Christmases, although the last few haven't been too bad. Today we had the hottest December day we've had for a decade. It was over 102 degrees fahrenheit. Usually our Brisbane temperatures don't get quite that high because we normally have high humidity as well, but today was exception. It's still 86 degrees while I'm typing this, at 9.00 pm.

Sarah - I hope your hubby's job interview goes well. Try not to worry too much about the car. We all make silly mistakes.

Amanda Beth
- My life isn't that exciting either. That's why I write stories. To live an interesting life vicariously through my characters!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Thanks for all the encouragement :) I can't sleep, again, so I'm back to address more posts!

Amanda Beth- my life isn't exciting either, trust me. That's why I'm always reading or watching some funny TV show. Keeps things interesting.

Lynne- it was hard enough watching the kid go up in flames, can't imagine if they'd torn him apart first <shudder>

Hello Naterpie!!! I'm Sarah :)

Austin- there's no way I could laugh when Carlisle died :/ but I'm right there with you when it comes to Aros laugh, sooo creepy and over the top.

Susie- I so know what you mean about the Office! There are literally some episodes I can't watch because Michael is too annoying! We own most of the seasons though because I love Jim and Pam!

Hi to Song and Caryn, nice to see you two pop in :) I understand how busy real life gets :)

Jaclyn- ooh company parties are fun!! And snow sounds fun, very festive! I like watching my dog play in it...he's funny!

Tracy- I love that Rob pic!! Sounds like you're finishing the remodel slowly but surely.

Okay, I'm off yet again to try either sleeping or Pinterest for a while :)

Naterpie
Settled in Forks

Post by Naterpie »

Thank you all for the warm welcomes :D
Boy this thread moves fast! I've only been gone one day!
A few replies...
- Yeah, I'm fairly new to the Lex, just posting around and sharing my views on stuff mostly!
- And who doesn't admire Robert Pattinson!! :)
- I'm also glad that the whole rip-vampires-apart-to-burn-them thing was kind of put to one side!
"My hallucinatory Edwards were usually better fed...."
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Marielle, I'm loving the Nexus tablet, but then I don't have the iPad or any Apple gear besides an iPod.

I'm not sure if your apps from the phone can be migrated over or not. That's something to research first, and perhaps it works automatically and perhaps it doesn't, or it may depend on the developer.

I have the 16Gb version, which was originally $249 but dropped to $199, so I consider that a very good deal. The 32Gb is selling for $249 now.

I know that's a lot less than the iPad mini, but then that is a more mature product, Apple has had a longer time to get a lot of things right. My own research showed that the general preference between the two was fairly balanced, but that the regular iPad was preferred to either the 7" or 10" Nexus tablet. The 10" 16Gb version of Nexus sells for $399, twice as much as the 7" version, so it isn't the same bargain, and the iPad2 is selling for the same price.

I use Chrome on my laptop, so my bookmarks from that were immediately transferred over to the Nexus, along with my search history. That was a little bizarre. I started searching for TW and was immediately given the link to the Lexicon Forum, Active Topics. Very convenient, but a little unnerving. They knew who I was when I registered my Gmail address. Oh, you're Austin!

Since this is a Google tablet you'll get the first Android updates when they come out, and Chrome works very well on it (natch), it's very fast.

That is what I'm mainly using it for, web browsing while sitting on my butt watching TV.

I have downloaded Temple Run and find it pretty addictive. The speed of the tablet is very fast and the graphic display is sharp and beautiful. You can set the display brightness manually or just let the display auto-adjust to light conditions which it pulls in through it's front-facing webcam. Yeah, you can load Skype on it, though I've heard the implementation is still a little flaky.

The default window to pop up is Google Search, which is typically the first page I pull up anyway. My wife has become used to me being able to pull that info up pretty quickly on my Nook, usually when we are trying to figure out where we've seen a particular actor before.

Voice recognition is handled very well.

My wife: Who is that guy in the Warm Bodies trailer?

Me: Click On, tap microphone, "Warm Bodies Movie", search, click on Wiki, answer "Nicholas Hoult".

All taking about 10 seconds.

The Kindle Fire HD has had good reviews too and is more consumption oriented, linked in to the Amazon store for showing movies or downloading books. I still prefer my regular Nook with e-ink for plain reading, I rarely read with an active light display. I'm not sure if my wife is going to want that, as she prefers her e-ink Kindle for reading, too. I'm just guessing that once she actually has a web browser handy she might use it. We have a Roku attached to our TV, so it's not like she doesn't have Amazon movie access there.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our business today. Thankfully, it's supposed to be cooler than yesterday, and tomorrow will be cooler still.

Sarah - yes, it wasn't too pleasant to watch, was it?

Naterpie - I certainly admire Rob, but there are a few infidels out there! ;)

Austin - We've bought my father a Google Nexus for Christmas. It can pretty much handle most documents, according to my husband's research, anyway, so we thought it would be ideal for him.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

marielle and austin - I've had an android phone since the G1 came out -- right now I have the GS3 (LOVE IT). I have a macbook and when I finally decided to get a tablet I fretted and compared and read reviews and in the end I got the ASUS Transformer Infinity 700, which is the top of the line of the transformers. I love it. There is nothing the iPad has that I want. Mine was I think $450 with 32GB (with an SD slot for 64mb more storage) which is $150 less than the iPad with the same memory (with no SD). One of the biggest gripes I heard from iPad users is that the retina display has caused the apps to take up a ton of room and everyone with the 16GB iPad were running out of space. The battery life on my transformer is amazing and I'm looking forward to getting the keyboard dock which has its own battery and gives the tablet another 3-4 hours. When I do get the dock I probably will only need my computer for things like photoshop. Typing large amounts of text (like now) is difficult on any tablet.

So, if you can't tell I'm a huge fan of it. I liked the Nexus 7 but it was too small for me -- I wanted a full size tablet. My issue with the Nexus 10 (which wasn't out when I bought mine) is that, like the iPad, it doesn't have an SD slot (the 32mb of both run around the same price), but I'm what they consider a "power user" -- extra memory may not be needed for other people.

Lastly, all purchased apps can be used on your tablet (as long as their compatible, which most are now) as long as you use the same gmail account on your phone and your tablet. You need to manually download them, but they'll show up as "purchased."