Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy Birthday Ginnie :)

Susie: Here's some character guides for Guyver--it'll hopefully at least point you in the right direction as far as the "human" characters at least. And if you think that Twilight was good or bad (depending on your POV) with the "band of snowflakes" (should be read as crapload of characters), I think that Guyver will give Twilight a run for it's money there:

http://www.warriorguyver.com/starsguyve ... /index.htm

http://guyvernet.japan-legend.com/infos ... rofile.htm

Strangely, the "band of snowflakes" is about the most logical thing that I've been able to think of today; read more below.

Marielle: Fried chicken is about the only thing that I'll eat that's fried. It's not too oily if it's cooked low and slow, and in as little oil as possible. Of course, for reasons described below, I'm not really thinking of food at the moment.

Everyone: Unfortunately, today has been a total bust. I started to get sick last night, then I started to throw up, I hardly got any sleep, and I was so sick this morning, I had to call off work. I've spent almost all day in bed, hoping that rest would help me recover.

And I have to say that I'm not a ton better now. I'm able to get up and move around, but I still absolutely feel like crap. At least I got my fan fic chapter done before I got sick last night. I'm probably gonna go to bed early tonight so I can get up in the best shape that I can tomorrow for work. And as I told Susie, the Twilight/Guyver cast/band of snowflakes stuff was about the smartest thing I've been able to come up with all day because of this illness.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ever have one of those weeks where you don't want to do anything? That's me this week...I'm blaming PMS :) I'm forcing myself to get study and housework done before my shift tonight :)

Susie- with my worksheet website I'm feeling much more prepared this time so I'm pretty stoked :) I'm undecided about what's next..I'm hoping to stay at part time since it seems to work better for us, marriage wise. The house stays cleaner and I feel more sane.

Lynne- I will be praying about the thing with Rochelle, that's awful! Glad to hear she's calmed down some...I bet that was scary!

Song- whoa, you sound really stressed :/ not fun at all. I will be praying for your family!

Marielle- I so understand..I stayed at my last job for way too long but it helped pay the bills. Now I'm at a smaller company and wondering what to do after I graduate.

I'm really grateful I've lined up some fun stuff for later in the week since I'm not sure why I'm feeling so lethargic!

I found out I have March 2nd off, yay :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINNIE!

More later when I can get on my laptop...

EDIT:

I'm back on my laptop now so I can post more.

Lynne
- I'm so glad your boss had reconsidered. It will be good experience for you to deal with the authors, right? Fingers crossed that Rochelle keeps it all together long enough for you to have all three books published.

Sarah - I think you're very wise to work part time. It is easier on the marriage. Plus, if you ever intend to stay home with kids and live on one income, you might as well be used to it. That is the advice our minister gave to us before we got married.

Songbird - So sorry to hear about all the worries you have about your dad. That's hard when you're so far away. Hey- I'll come and visit you when you're in Wyoming if you have extra time, time that you're not doing serious stuff. I hope your hubs continues to get good reports from the docs.

Sean
- I'm concerned that you are so often sick. Do you think there is something else going on with you? Feel better soon.

Marielle - That's so cute that your kitty misses your bf! Still, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Plus, you can watch whatever you want to watch on TV and read all the smut you want.

Time for bed!
Nighty Night!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - I hope you're feeling better soon. A bit of time in bed never hurt anybody!

Sarah - yeah, it was a bit scary. She does say, "I'm going to quit!" a lot, but usually it's just hyperbole. This was different. But she seems okay at the moment. Hope you get your mojo back soon!

Susie - yes, I'm fine with dealing with the authors. As Rochelle herself said, my emails are more "diplomatic", so I don't think there will be the same problems. She can be a bit abrupt when she writes an email. I do hope it will last. I believe in Rochelle's vision for Wombat Books and I believe in the ethos behind the books we publish, so I really want it to work.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I had my first full night sleep in a week!!! I feel so much better because off that. Still I could have slept a few hours more.

Anyway there isn’t much news to report here so I skip to the posts.

Posts,

Susan, don’t you have a Dutch drivers license? That one is usable in the US. You just have to go to the ANWB and ask for a international license. It costs 11 euro or something like that but you can use that in the US.
I don’t know how much it costs and how your dad is in his finances but I know somebody who had similar issues as you and your dad who have hired somebody to take cared of her father in his own house. That lady would take care of the house and of her father during the day and had the nights for herself.
I hope everything will be okay with your hub’s health. I’m sure the doc gave him a lecture on eating and living healthy. If not, that sure will come in the future. It’s like a compulsive disorder in doctors to do that.

Sean, my body just doesn’t seems able to handle anything fried. It normally only results in stomach aches and more hunger two hours later.

Sarah, I have the same kind of week. I just can’t seem to get things done around the house. I blame it on my winter depression. It almost always hits me in February and I can’t do much about it.
Yeah, I’m in this job for too long already as well. Sadly with the economic climate at the moment I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Susie, yeah, normally I can enjoy that time alone. Normally I am happy to have a few days to do what ever I want when I want it but I guess this isn’t just going to be my week.
I’m pretty sure that when my bf gets home Garfield will want a non-stop day of playing and fooling around.

Alright, it’s time…. To focus on work…

See you all later!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi everyone. Nothing really new to tell you so I'll just go straight to posts.

Sean, I hope you are feeling better. I've heard that's been going around and I'm sure it's miserable. You didn't have to work again yesterday did you?

Sarah, thank you so much for the prayers. I really really appreciate it! So what have you got lined up for fun? Perhaps you just have a bit of spring fever? I know I'm ready for some warmer weather.

Susie, Thank you...yes, it's hard to live so far away and not be able to be the one to care for him or check on him. I am lucky there are good friends there to check on him once in a while. I would LOVE to see you when I am there. I am planning to take a few days to go meet my baby niece who is due in May, so she'll only be a couple months old. That might be a good chance to meet because then it's not such a serious time and not a huge deal to take some time out and do fun stuff. I'll let you know when I get plans made.

Lynne, good luck with the emails. I think it's harder to be diplomatic in emails than it is in person sometimes because you can't tell a person's tone in writing. I always enjoyed dealing with rude customers because it's nice to be able to talk them down, or at least see how far your own patience can stretch. It's amazing how polite we can be when we are paid to be!

Marielle, No, I don't have a Dutch drivers license. It's SO expensive here to get one, I don't know how to drive a stick shift so I'd have to get lessons too. I know you can get a license just for Automatics, but that's not really handy since most cars here are stick.
I thought about in home care for my dad, but there are too many issues...he lives 20 miles from the nearest town, so someone would have to be willing to get out there every day and if there was bad weather, which in Wyoming can be about 9 months out of the year, it would make it hard to get someone to navigate those roads and there would probably be several times that a nurse COULDN'T get out there. So getting him in a facility would be much safer and easier.
Yep, hubs has gotten the lecture about losing weight, etc...though he HAS lost 7 kilos since his last doctor visit last year, so the doctor is pretty happy with that and didn't lecture him too much, just told him losing more would help his blood sugar, etc.
Glad you got some sleep! I took a nap today since Bug went back to school today and I SO needed that. It's amazing what a bit of a catch-up sleep does for you!! I hope you feel better because of it. How's the house coming?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm doing some work for Rochelle today, in spite of the fact that she can't pay me for it. We have this huuuuuuuuge typesetting job to do. I think it's the biggest book she's published yet, and the formatting is very involved. It's taking forever.

marielle - I'm glad the sleep fairy finally visited. It's amazing what a difference it can make.

Songbird - I agree. It's so hard to work out someone's tone in an email or even on FB sometimes. It's much easier when we see faces. I think I come across as a little cold in emails sometimes, but at least I'm generally polite. You enjoy dealing with rude customers? I've always hated it. Their attitude usually starts to rub off on me. At least with an email I can take a deep breath and check it before I hit send!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I'm a ball of nerves. The D.A.R.E. Officer from when I was a kid is going to have the current sheriff do a welfare check on my dad. I pray that the house isn't bad enough to have it condemned and my dad would have no place to go. I think it should be ok...as far as I know he has running water and heat and electricity and there is no structural damage to the house, just filthy and cluttered. The only thing I worry about is the apparent mouse infestation...I don't know how bad it is having never been in there. But he lives on a ranch...there are going to be mice. But at least I should know more afterwards, and know more about his mental state.

Lynne, yes, I really do enjoy dealing with rude people. Is that weird? I worked at the front desks of the residence halls in college for a few years, including during the summers when they were used for conference/camp attendees instead of students, and there were always some strange/hard to deal with people...from the chinese delivery person who insisted that I was "evidence" that these football camp boys did not come down to get and pay for their food (turned out they got stuck in the elevator) to the woman who was upset that she was not allowed to have the remote for the TV without exchanging her ID as collateral when she needed to watch CNN where the aliens were going to be contacting her, to the woman who INSISTED that the residence halls had air conditioning and demanding I tell her how to turn it on (there was no airco). It can be somewhat funny, makes for great stories, and hones your people skills because you have to do it all without laughing. And when your knowledge makes a difference to someone who has been given the runaround and you are the person to FINALLY get them what they need, it's a good feeling. So I enjoyed that...if I could pick what I wanted to do here, it would probably be to work in a bookstore, or in some customer service/receptionist capacity. But you are correct about email...you can read it over and make sure it doesn't sound hostile before you send it...reword things. You can't take back words spoken face to face, but you can with an unsent email!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm much better today than I was for the 36 hours previous to that. I did throw up a little earlier, but that's because my stomach was really queezy between cramps and something upsetting it before I could get to the bathroom. At least it was nothing like yesterday.

I'm ready for the cold and crap to be over, and at least longer term (ie, more than a day or two) I'll be getting my wish starting on Friday.

Other than that, I've been OK today--about anything would've been an improvement on the previous day in a half.

Susie: I think that I've mentioned before that weather really messes with me, so in my opinion here's what's making me sick--the weather! I don't tolerate the cold very much, and running in and out to grab firewood and such on extremely cold nights doesn't do me any favors. Also, the cold also causes me sinus headaches (especially with rapid temp/pressure changes). Of course, the summer won't be a picnic either with storms and the heat doing much of the same to me. My body always freaks out with sudden weather changes and extreme heat and cold. Though, this time around, I think I had food poisoning--I haven't been sick enough to vomit in a long time.

Songbird: I'm a lot better today, but not 100% yet. At least I can get up and walk around and eat solid food without worrying about throwing up. I did have to call of work yesterday, but I have stacked hours this week, so missing just two hours of work wasn't gonna do too much.

Marielle: The only time that food does any thing weird like that is if it makes me sick, which is what I'm pretty sure happened to me Monday night, though it took all of yesterday for me to get over it to the point where I could function. Of course, though, when I'm sick, I don't really get hungry. Hence, I went for almost 2 days without eating solid food because I was worried about not being able to keep any of it down until I got the bug out of my system.

Everyone: I might not be online here too much longer. I'm probably gonna spend most of my night in the living room, and then I'll probably be going to sleep in a few more hours, since I have to get up early to handle something at work before I have to clock in.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hope everyone is had a good day :)

Today was another weirdly long day but we went to see my parents for dinner which was great. We left earlier than planned since Jason hasn't slept well all week and was dozing off on their couch before 8pm. Poor guy :( we came home and watched Survivor. I'm curled up on the couch watching TV so he can sleep.

I dug out my TW soundtracks today, I'm starting to get so excited for the DVD release :)

Song- hope everything is okay with your dad and it's not as bad as you fear. I think your love of mean customers is impressive! Good for you :) I'm planning on having a friend over Friday night for drinks since it's so expensive to go out..I think I will even make potato skins :) and Sunday I'm doing an Ikea trip with some of my married girlfriends!

Susie- thanks for saying that..some people don't really understand my choice..I tried full time last year and the house and me just fell apart, despite a huge dietary change and hitting the gym daily since I was so scattered and exhausted all the time. It was just too hard.

Lynne- glad to hear things are a bit better at work! Always a relief!

Marielle- sometimes we all have off weeks so I sympathize :) stay warm!

Last edited by TwilightFan87 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.