Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today's another quiet day. I'm going to try and get as much done as possible on all our business accounts before the end of the financial year on Tuesday next week. Little Man will be on holidays then, so getting things done at that point could be tricky. Hopefully I'll get some forms I'm waiting on today or tomorrow so I can finalise everything and close the account for our old business.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Short work today but I didn't mind at all, with all the extra hours I've been working. My boss finally hired a new lead, which is relieving, and hopefully I can get back into more of a routine and start reading more. I've had so little free time, I've been more deliberate with how I spend it and I've fallen behind on my Goodreads goal.

The weather here continues to be nuts. It's going to hit 90 Friday, then 93 on Saturday and Sunday. Very hot and air conditioning here isn't common, so we're using our box fans for all they're worth. The sunshine is at least good for my mood though and it's been lovely seeing the blue skies constantly :)

Lynne-the end of our financial year here is in October, so I feel you! Taxes are due April 15th but you can extend it if you wish, to October 15th, if you don't have everything in order. How often does LM go on holiday? Kids here are out of school for the summer, which makes traffic easier, but more awkward when clients' kids are home.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Little kitties are still doing well with mama kitty Marcy and I had a good outing today. It was pretty humid out, but at least tonight it's cooled off.

I have work this morning and hopefully my arm will stop bothering me long enough for me to make it though today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Another light-on day today, but that's nice the week before school holidays. I am baking dinner for a family in our church today. The mum has broken her leg and needs some help. She's getting better but these things take a while to repair.

Sarah - I'm glad your boss has hired someone else. It's hard when you have to do a lot of overtime like that. Over here, the kids have six weeks of holidays over the Christmas/January period (summer), and two weeks in between each term. So they have three sets of two week holidays three times throughout the school year.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I caught Divergent on TV today and watched a big chunk of it. As much as it pains me to say it, it's pretty good but it just continually frustrates me by what happens in Allegiant.

I'm starting to wonder if they're going to ban fireworks here because of all the dry weather. I can't remember the last time we had rain and everything is super dry. However, 4th of July is next Saturday and traditionally do it yourself fireworks are a big thing here. I can only imagine the threat of house fires will be so much dangerous!

Lynne-ah, okay. I'm fairly sure you've explained this before but I couldn't remember! How nice of you to cook for that family, I'm sure they appreciate it.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

I haven’t been able to visit the Lexicon and surf the internet in general, because a friend of mine needed help with her shop for a few days. Right now I am watching the news that’s again all about Greece’s potential bankruptcy. We may not go bankrupt at the end but it’s a sure thing that we are going to get depressed with all the scary scenarios we hear every single hour…

Sean, the newborns must be so beautiful! Are you going to keep them all?

Lynne, tell me that I am right! Are you preparing anything from Dan’s POV????
TwilightFan87 wrote:Lynne-mmm cake :) I've been baking a little bit here and there for fun but I have a tendency to eat it all unless I can give it away.
Sarah same problem here as far as cakes are concerned!!!

Girls, let me tell you my opinion on the twilight “haters”.
I believe that in the most part it’s about mimicry: “If I say that Twilight sucks, they will think I am cool”. And ok, I can understand those who read the first book and didn’t like it (we can’t have the same taste in books after all) but I really laugh with those who claim that hated the first book, but read New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn on top of that. Who does that?
Once, I read a post on a website where a husband complained that twilight ruined his sexual life or something like that. He claimed among other follies that he learnt and revealed to his wife (in order to placate her) that in the fourth book Bella marries Edward and that because of this spoiler she became angry with him and wouldn’t let him touch her. I tried to comment that already in NM it is said they will get married and that in the end of ECL even the invitations have been sent, but the comments needed to be approved and he never approved mine, while all kind of negative comments about the series were up there, all right. All these make me sad only because I think of how would Stephenie feel and I get angry because I believe she made that statement about Twilight not being a happy place for her any more due to these nonsense…
TwilightFan87 wrote:This is probably the hottest summer on record, I can't remember the last time we had a good solid rain day. The Cullens would be stuck inside for a long time!
Sarah, that's what I thought of, once you first mentioned about the hot weather! ;)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man's in a sports carnival today that his grade wasn't originally supposed to be in, but they change it yesterday and said that his class could participate because they are a composite class and the older kids are participating. I'm not upset about it but I would have appreciated more than a few hours' notice. I have things to do today and now I'm going to have to race around and do them all later.

Sarah - I always thought the Divergent movie was good but, like you, I don't intend to see the movie version of Allegiant. It's interesting - we've had more rain so far this winter than we normally have and you're getting really dry weather. Often we seem to have the opposite weather to what you're experiencing.

Michelle - I was originally planning to do something from Keridan's POV. However, since Rochelle wants this to be something that's an introduction to this world, to encourage people to read the trilogy, I have to set it in Sarah's school days and I can tell you it's a trick not to give anything away! Keeping it spoiler-free is a struggle.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been up to much today. I mostly slept in (though I was up most of the night last night), and really, nothing much has happened. I do have work tomorrow and then I work 3 days in a row before I get 4 days straight off because of work being closed on the 4th of July.

I do have a video that I'd like to share of a barn owl attacking a camera that was mounted in a nest box at World Bird Sanctuary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOi1yvR4FK0

And the owls of World Bird Sanctuary:

http://www.worldbirdsanctuary.org/index ... tents/C12/

Michelle: That's the plan right now, though they're only a few days old. At least Marcy has been taking good care of them.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Another good work day here :) Afterward I went and visited my Mom and enjoyed the sunshine for a while.

I spent a lot of yesterday thinking about the Divergent movie and how much I really liked it and how good Insurgent will likely be..but every time I get to Allegiant, the story just isn't finished the right way for me. Still, if I catch the movie on again, I may watch it. I still think that the Saga and THG are better written and better stories in general.

Lynne-Oh that's annoying..I hate last minute changes! I'm sure a lot of parents couldn't switch things last minute.

And yeah, the weather is baffling me. I looked ahead into next week and it's supposed to be in the mid to up 90s here, which is really really hot for us. We typically are lucky to see one week of 90s weather and the rest in the 70s. I was born in the south so it's in my blood, but even I'm getting tired of it.

Michelle-I so agree with you about the Twi-haters. Can't I just enjoy the Saga without being harassed? People say the same thing about Hanson though and they're my favorite band. There's a community of us, much like the Lex except much more active, that enjoy the band together and their music.

I hate negative news too! :/ It's so depressing!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Well, I went up to the school yesterday for sports day. Another mum, whose son is a friend of Little Man's, was chatting with me, when the junior school principal came up. She said she was sorry but they'd decided not to let the grade threes run as there was nothing in place for them. While I was annoyed that they'd changed their minds again, I was happy because it meant I had time, on the last day before school holidays, to get all the things done I wanted to do. However, Little Man was devastated. The principal had, unfortunately, said he could go home if he wanted, and I had to tell him that I had too much to do, which didn't go down well. However, I reminded him that I'd already paid for him to have one of their special last-day-of-the-term meals for his lunch and that cheered him up a bit. I also said I'd come and get him after lunch, which he was pleased about.

So today we have nothing on, which is good, as this week is a busy one and next weekend is packed. At least today I can take my time.

Sean - yes, that owl footage is good. :)

Sarah - yeah, I really wish I could have edited Allegiant for VR. I'm sure she wouldn't have changed the ending at my command, seeing as that ending was the inspiration for the entire series, but I would have, at least, suggested she fix up all the things that didn't make sense, including all the plotholes riddled around the ending.