Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's Mothers' Day here and I've just been given an iTunes card and Rogue One on blu-ray, which made me very happy. :) We took my in-laws out to dinner last night to celebrate Mothers' Day with my mother-in-law and to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary, which was also yesterday. I gave my mother her present last week, as I knew I wouldn't have time to see her this weekend.

Sarah - yes, I've noticed that The Lost City of Z seems to be getting great reviews, Rob in particular! I'm uncertain about seeing it, as I'm not sure how much violence is in it. It's not out here until August anyway.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh man, I didn't realize it'd be so long!! And I've totally been geeking out over Twilight again! I re-read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, then sat down and actually watched BD 2 again. I've only watched it a few times and of course the battle scene was hard to see but I forgot how much I enjoy it.

Jason took the dog up to La Push for a guys night last week, just to get away for a bit before Memorial Day. He wanted to hike and enjoy the beach and I'm glad he had fun. I definitely want to go back, as they just put in a new Twilight museum up in Forks with stuff from the movies!

Lynne-I'm so glad you had a good Mother's Day! I really loved Rogue One even though the ending was sad. But it fell in with the other stories completely. My pets got me a Jo-Ann Fabrics gift card ;)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's Saturday here today and we're going to visit some friends who have a little baby who's been unwell since she was born back in February. She's been in and out of hospital ever since. We haven't seen her yet, as I know they've been running around crazily and didn't want them to have to have a social visit, especially when she's been unwell. Even today's visit I thought would be cancelled as she was in hospital again this week but her mum says it's okay. So we'll get to meet her. :)

I appeared at an online author faire this week and I think I sold a few Kindle copies of The Heir as a result, which is good. Hopefully it will lead to flow-on sales of the other books.

Sarah - I've been thinking of reading them again too but I haven't had much time to read anything but the books I'm reading to edit for work. We're sooooooo busy at the moment!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Since my Mom's GoFundMe is up on Facebook, I can actually talk about why I've been so busy! I've been spending every weekend with my Mom and as much time as I can with my parents before everything got started on Friday. She was able to do her initial chemo outpatient earlier this year but now they're at the hospital in Seattle for at least a few weeks during the transplant. Jason and I took their dog on Tuesday and he's so happy to be around, just wants to do what you're doing.

Other than that, I really haven't been up to much!

Lynne-Ah I hope your friends baby is doing okay! How are your online sales doing overall? I'm glad you didn't give up writing!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Back to work again today after helping celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary on the weekend. We took them out to dinner; something they don't do very often. Happily, we all had a great time. :)

Sarah - Is your mum's GoFundMe page for her medical expenses?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I thought of this place today since I went into Hot Topic and found the Edward Cullen Pop! doll :) I scooped it up for $4.99 for nostalgia's sake :D I have Katniss and Peeta already.

My life has been a blur of work, dog sitting, and generally trying to help my parents however I can. It's a miracle but she's already home, after just 25 days in Seattle. She'll take it easy for the next month or so and then hopefully go back to work, as long as none of her counseling patients come in sick!

Lynne-I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I miss chatting with you, I'll try get on here more often! And yes, the Gofundme was just to supplement the costs since insurance didn't cover quite everything, like their stay in Seattle, food, the medicine co-pays etc. I refused to take any money for their dog, who was a delight to watch :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's school holidays here at the moment, so I'm insanely busy trying to manage my son and work at the same time. Having said that, I did manage to write a bit of my new book last night, which was good.

Also, Once Confronted, the novel I released last year, has just won an award! It won the Literary Classics silver award in their college fiction section. It's nice that this novel won something as it was such a personal book and has received some bad reviews. I know awards aren't everything but it's gone some way to validating the book, at least in my mind.

On Thursday I'm taking my brother out to get a new dog for him and my parents. They're going to get a whippet. I think this is a good choice for them as it doesn't require much brushing and a good walk should do it for exercise. The rest of the time it can sit at my mother's feet and have its ears rubbed. :D

Sarah - glad to hear your mum's going okay and I hope you have enough money to cover all her expenses.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I saw this article about Rob on Yahoo today and it reminded me to check in here!

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/rober ... 202508711/

Wow it's like dead around here..I always hope I'll see more action when I forget to check in!

Nothing too Twilight related going on with me, though I've been getting the itch to re-read the Saga again :) My trips to Forks have been coming up in my Facebook memories and it makes me want to go visit there again. It makes me wistful when I think about it sometimes, it was such a simpler time..of course, life in my early twenties didn't feel that way! But I'm probably more introspective because I'm turning 30 next week!

Lynne-my Mom is doing great :) My Dad went back to work already and she's been getting her strength back so she can go to work soon too. How is your parents dog? That is awesome news about your award!!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hello!

It's busy busy at work. We have so many jobs we're booked up a few months ahead! I also got the exciting news that I've been accepted to have a stall at Brisbane ComicCon. I'm doing it with a couple of author friends so it should be really fun. Hopefully I'll sell a few books too. I need to move some stock. We'll see how we go.

Sarah - I'm glad to hear your mum's doing so well. My parents and my brother are enjoying their new dog but unfortunately, it seems she hasn't been cared for very well prior to this. My brother took her to the vet to get spayed and they discovered she had major dental issues with several rotting teeth (she's only six). It proved to be quite and expensive exercise to get that fixed up and they had to delay the spaying until she recovers a bit from that.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's been two months since anyone's commented here and the last person to do it was me. :(

It's sad that no one comes here anymore. I have a lot of great memories of the discussions I've had here.

If you happen to comment here and you want me to respond, I'll be more than happy to. Send me a message via my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lynnestringer.author/