Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by Esme echo »

That would sort of explain his absolute boredom with human thought, though, wouldn't it? :lol:

I think playing, reading, touring, music, driving, running, hunting, and generally taking care of business was enough to keep Edward and his family occupied. The human world and human concerns held little interest for them--except for the great cars, music, etc. which they could take advantage of.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

glstewart wrote:Did he ever get a job? You know...just for fun?
Hmmm... maybe because I find the idea of him working so bizarre, I would think he would not have a job. Edward came from a wealthy family and would definitely not need to work, but the concept of him getting a job out of a desire to not be idle is odd. I can't even think of a job he would enjoy doing. I can see him being the "perpetual student," but not him working (no matter what his job was). It makes me laugh to think of him in a suit sitting behind a desk in a cubicle, but it also makes me laugh to think of him as working in construction or something of that nature. I see him as very intellectual and not very "hands-on" when it comes to work.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it seems impossible that Edward would have inherited his family's money in the first place. If Edward was thought to be dead, then he couldn't collect his inheritance. He could obviously keep his mother's jewelry, but him going to an accountant when he was supposed to be dead wouldn't work. That's something to think about...
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

glstewart wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:He never actually had to work. He had family money. But it's difficult to picture him reading books during all day and going out at night to hunt bad guys like Batman. :?
Of course I could never picture him flipping burgers at the local greasy spoon, but maybe something medically inclined that doesn't require a lot of human contact...like being a coroner, pathologist, lab researcher...? Or maybe working in some developing country digging wells for the locals, or teaching them to plant and irrigate crops...That seems more fulfilling than attending high school over and over again for decades on end.
Yeah, I can see him working in a lab...maybe writting a book under some false name. I think he probably knows how to play other instruments like the violin or the guitar, but he'd rather the piano. And, of course, learning languages. Trust me when I say learning Portuguese is not a piece of cake, even for us. But I'm sure he probably speaks and writes better than me;. :roll:
Last edited by Lunna-san on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

I'm surprised that none of the Cullens ever considered going through a private school or a fine arts school instead of just repeating public schools. The curriculums would be a bit different and if we go with the art school then they can take courses in art, music and what not. It's possible that they have though and just never made a reference to it in the books.
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I thought this was an interesting quote from Stephenie about Edward and his inheritance:
Personal Correspondence #4 wrote:Q: Where did the Cullens get all their money? Investments? Property?

A: Long term investments, heh heh. Carlisle originally got some financial help from his Italian friends (remember the painting? They’ve got an astronomical amount of funds) and then was earning a doctor’s salary all those years without really having normal expenses to worry about. Edward inherited a lot of property from his parents (he did pretend to "survive" to claim that later, along with his "uncle," because he wanted his mother’s things. He still owns the house in Chicago). All this was invested shrewdly (both Carlisle and Edward are good with finances). And then Alice came along. Ha ha. She loves the stock market.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Esme echo wrote:I thought this was an interesting quote from Stephenie about Edward and his inheritance:
Personal Correspondence #4 wrote:Q: Where did the Cullens get all their money? Investments? Property?

A: Long term investments, heh heh. Carlisle originally got some financial help from his Italian friends (remember the painting? They’ve got an astronomical amount of funds) and then was earning a doctor’s salary all those years without really having normal expenses to worry about. Edward inherited a lot of property from his parents (he did pretend to "survive" to claim that later, along with his "uncle," because he wanted his mother’s things. He still owns the house in Chicago). All this was invested shrewdly (both Carlisle and Edward are good with finances). And then Alice came along. Ha ha. She loves the stock market.
Oh Edward. poor poor him. "he wanted to claim his mother's thing" - i think he was that kind of guy that was closer to his mother than his father at times. he must've really loved her. well, yeah. I wonder...i wish, that there was a piece of writing that shows an interaction with him and his mother.

wait, Esme Echo - why do you find it interesting? haha, sorry. i just finished my pre-cal homework, and yeah. my mind isn't in its best condition.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Esme echo wrote:I thought this was an interesting quote from Stephenie about Edward and his inheritance:

That is interesting. As Bella said, it helps when you have a sister(Alice) who can predict trends in the stock market. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

This morning as I was brushing my teeth, I had a really wierd thought. I thought: I wonder if Edward brushes his teeth? I know he physically wouldn't need to take care of his teeth, but it occurred to me that he wouldn't exactly want "blood-breath." Imagine going to kiss someone and finding that they tasted like blood and had animal hair in their mouth... ick. :?
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

slayerchick303 wrote:This morning as I was brushing my teeth, I had a really wierd thought. I thought: I wonder if Edward brushes his teeth? I know he physically wouldn't need to take care of his teeth, but it occurred to me that he wouldn't exactly want "blood-breath." Imagine going to kiss someone and finding that they tasted like blood and had animal hair in their mouth... ick. :?
The venom would melt any type of toothbrush.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

It wouldn't melt it instantly, would it? I suppose they could buy toothbrushes by the case! :lol:
But you're right, Kachiti, I could see how the venom would probably obliterate hair, blood, etc. in their mouths in fairly short order.