Twilight Saga Q&A

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by twilightmom »

mlola619 wrote::geek:
Anyone ever wonder this...
okay, since we know Alice can see the future, did she EVER see Jacob in her visions? For example maybe when Bella went to the beach with her friends in Twilight, Edward had Alice check on her...was Alice able to see Jacob being that he wasn't a werewolf YET?

Another question...ever wonder if Alice peeked at Jacob's future and never saw anything, being that he'd soon be a werewolf and Alice wouldn't be able to see him? Think she thought that Jacob was going to die or something, being that his future was "black"?
:geek:
yes...i know....no one's thought of this, but i find it really interesting....*sigh*
It seems like Alice has 2 sorts of visions... 1) when she focuses on a person/people - she can try to get their futures. 2) random things that are going to impact her or her loved ones just appear.

If you go with #2, she *might* have seen some of Jacob. HOWEVER...

I don't think she could have ever seen Jacob... Even though he didn't transform until the "conditions were right," he was still a "half-breed." I don't have the reference, but in one of the books Carlisle tells Jacob that he has more chromosome pairs than humans (but less than vampires). SO, I believe that genetically he was always different (half-breed, if you choose). So based on SM's explaination, Alice can only see humans or vampires... Therefore, she would have never been able to see Jacob's future.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

I have a little weird question if a human lost a leg or a arm would it grow out another arm if she/he were changed into a vampire?

And what about if a vampire lost a arm and someone burned it up would that vampire alwyas have one arm Sorry if I'm beeing a bit confusing :oops:
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Gitta wrote:I have a little weird question if a human lost a leg or a arm would it grow out another arm if she/he were changed into a vampire?

And what about if a vampire lost a arm and someone burned it up would that vampire alwyas have one arm Sorry if I'm beeing a bit confusing :oops:
NO, not a weird question... I too have tried to grasp what all venom can do... We "discussed" mental disorders a few pages back. But as for an amputee... I think that is a good question.

I'm doing this w/out book in front of me, but I think in Eclispe, during the big fight scene, didn't we read about Riley loose part of his body and it *tried* to reattach (or we got that impression?) He didn't try to grow a new piece, right?

Vamps bodies are "frozen," and their skin is pretty much impenetrable, so they don't get hurt too often, and I think they could "repair" some damage... but think of Jasper and all of his scars... My guess is that they would NOT be able to grow new "cells" and therefore new limbs.

So my answer to #1 - I think the changed human would be frozen in a state w/out an arm, the "wound" would be too great to "heal." and #2 - if the limb was burned, same thing, I don't think they would grow a new one.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

That makes sense thank you so much.
It gets really confusing when you start to think to much about twilight :D Poor Riley if he survived and if his arm had burnt
teeroxmuhsox
Wandering Through Town

Post by teeroxmuhsox »

malaz wrote:
teeroxmuhsox wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
teeroxmuhsox wrote:So you know how the lexicon got stephenie to write that missing twilight scene?
:? What missing Twilight scene? :?: :!:
This book scene:
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=83

and why are the pages taken down? It's not like they're illegal if Stephenie gave them the stories. btw i'm not referring to the movie. I'm talking about the book.
oh, i know what you are talking about it. it wasn't a matter of copy right or anything. the person that ran the myspace group that contained like SO much questions and answers, and a few scenes couldn't handle running it anymore (didn't have the time anymore). i think, and in result of that. She deleted the myspace group. i think her name is Brittany, she was mentioned in the aknowledgements in the books. and in the old lexicon blog, they mentioned it when the myspace page was taken down.
darn. i wanted to read all that stuff. :cry:
thanks though. i've been wondering about it forever.
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

malaz wrote:
mlola619 wrote::geek:
Anyone ever wonder this...
okay, since we know Alice can see the future, did she EVER see Jacob in her visions? For example maybe when Bella went to the beach with her friends in Twilight, Edward had Alice check on her...was Alice able to see Jacob being that he wasn't a werewolf YET?

Another question...ever wonder if Alice peeked at Jacob's future and never saw anything, being that he'd soon be a werewolf and Alice wouldn't be able to see him? Think she thought that Jacob was going to die or something, being that his future was "black"?
:geek:
yes...i know....no one's thought of this, but i find it really interesting....*sigh*
hm, i don't think Edward had Alice check on her? did he?
If he had Alice, check on her. he would have asked her, if Bella is going to be safe there? besides, I doubt Alice would have been able to get a full vision of bella, since she wasn't as attuned to her as she is now.

I don't think, Alice even aknowledged jacob was alive not till new moon when she came back. because, in new moon. She didn't even know jacob. i remember, she said something along the lines "so if this jacob pulled you out of the currents, how did he manage it when you couldn't?"
I'm pretty sure he didn't ask Alice to check on her. At that time, he was still trying to keep his obsessiveness on the down-low, so I doubt he would have asked anything like that of Alice...
ImageImage
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Ya, plus in Twilight, I'm pretty sure it was only Sam, maybe Paul who had transformed, and since the cullens and the wolves have their treaty, when would Sam (and possibly others) ever get close enough to any of the cullens in wolf form for them to even know the wolves were back? I mean, for all Edward knew, La Push was wolfless.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
dazzle_me-xx

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

Kay, I got a whole bunch of questions. Or just random things I noticed.

Like, vampires are supposed to have super-good hearing, right? Like in BD, when Bella's a vampire, she can hear the other end of the phone conversation with Max and J.Jenks? So why couldn't Alice and Jasper hear James making that fateful phone call to Bella in Twilight?

And, in the whole series, the vampires were described to have, well higher pitched voices. Edward's voice is described as musical, Alice's is chirpy, and when Bella's a vampire, she listens in wonder to the 'pealing sound'. Even Victoria is described to have a high-pitched, baby voice. So why is Emmett's a 'a deep bass'?

And can someone plase explain to me why Bella was not affected by Kate's electrical shocks? I thought it was only the mental things she was protected from.

Yeah, I know. Random. But, whatever.

Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

dazzle_me-xx wrote:Kay, I got a whole bunch of questions. Or just random things I noticed.

Like, vampires are supposed to have super-good hearing, right? Like in BD, when Bella's a vampire, she can hear the other end of the phone conversation with Max and J.Jenks? So why couldn't Alice and Jasper hear James making that fateful phone call to Bella in Twilight?

And, in the whole series, the vampires were described to have, well higher pitched voices. Edward's voice is described as musical, Alice's is chirpy, and when Bella's a vampire, she listens in wonder to the 'pealing sound'. Even Victoria is described to have a high-pitched, baby voice. So why is Emmett's a 'a deep bass'?

And can someone plase explain to me why Bella was not affected by Kate's electrical shocks? I thought it was only the mental things she was protected from.

Good questions. For the first, Bella moves into another room, so...Jasper and Alice cannot hear. That's what it's SUPPOSED to be like. But then how did she hear rap music from the highway the first day she was a vampire? That doesn't make sense, so maybe it's something SM made a mistake on.

Number two: I never read anywhere that it's "high pitched. Take a cello for example. It has low strings(I would know since I play it, lol! :lol: :roll: ), but anyway, IT IS musical, even though it's low. So Bella always referred to Edwards voice as musical, and that could be low or high scale, and it would be low. Your other examples were Alice, Victoria, and Bella, and they're female so there voices are high. So Emmett's voice can be low, and beautiful, like a ...base.

Lastly, Kate doesn't actually MAKE electricity, she "gives the illusion". Anything mind related such as illusions are useless against Bella.

Hpoed that helped! :)

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

dazzle_me-xx wrote:Kay, I got a whole bunch of questions. Or just random things I noticed.

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT TOO!!!! (about the phone thing). I mean wouldn't Alice have been able to hear James on the phone?? Maybe it's just because Bella was a new born so everything was inhanced, like her streangth and speed, she could also hear really well. But I still think that Alice would've been able to hear James talking to Bella in Twilight.

The reason Bella wasn't affected by Kate is because Kate's power is in the mind too. Her power is sorta like Jane, she can make you feel pain, but she doesn't actually hurt you. Only Kate can't do it from a distance like Jane, she has to be touching someone to give the illusion that she's shocking them.

As for the voice thing I'm not sure... that's my detailed explanation, lol :lol:
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!