General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Transformation

Post by mlola619 »

Mrs.Levine<3sB&E wrote:I 100% loved her transformation! Obvisously, many of us believed this would be done in a romantic moment between the two of them. For me, I wanted what Bella wanted. However, once I finally go to her transformation, I thought it was perfect. I'm not sure if Edward really could have changed her without the life & death excuse. When he is there trying desperately to keep her alive and Jacob thinks he is crazy... not only does Edward have the only reason he needs to transform her(and nothing will stand in his way). I think it also shows the contrast between Jacob's love for Bella and Edwards. Those first two chapters of her transformation are addictive. I have read them too many times to count. I love Bella describing her silent burning and hearing her families whispers. The moments when she first "wakes up" might be my favorite pages from the whole series!! From hearing her new voice, to kissng Edward and seeing herself for the first time - sigh - I love SM!! I've said this before on another topic, but I will repeat myself, for me Bella's transformation was like finally opening the present I'd been waiting to get since Twilight!!

I agree 14890483204934%.
I thought it was AWESOME! however i always thought Bella would let out a LOT of screams. But then again i found her restraint to be very realistic and "Bella-like" being that she didn't want Edward to suffer through it as well. To me that part was so selfless of Bella, because if everyone admitted to it being so painful, yet Bella loved Edward so much that she was able to keep from screaming, that shows DEEP love.

I really enjoyed SM's depth and description of it- it's the one thing i was the most curios about through the whole series...so i'm glad i was able to get a glimpse of it in detail :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

There's something I've been wondering about recently. For the transformation Edward injected Bella with his venom by needle. But before all that he asked Jacob fopr permission. Now what I noticed is that the treaty says that they can't bite a human. But Edward didn't bite Bella. So he didn't break the treaty. Or does the treaty say something about not transforming anyone. Just curious. And I apologize if someone already brought this up.
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Meztli wrote:There's something I've been wondering about recently. For the transformation Edward injected Bella with his venom by needle. But before all that he asked Jacob fopr permission. Now what I noticed is that the treaty says that they can't bite a human. But Edward didn't bite Bella. So he didn't break the treaty. Or does the treaty say something about not transforming anyone. Just curious. And I apologize if someone already brought this up.
Edward DID bite Bella. The injection of his venom into her heart was to attempt to speed up the transformation process (the attempt was successful! Hers was at least a half day quicker than everyone elses).

He bit her all over, remember in Jacob's book (I don't have BD in front of me), Jacob describes Edward slicing her skin and running his tongue over the cut to seal in the venom and blood? He does that in several different spots after he injected his venom into her heart.

He asked Jacob for permission out of respect for the tribe and the treaty, but he was going to do it with or without Jacob's permission. I think Edward says something like, I'm going to do it anyway but I was hoping you would give your blessings, or words to that effect.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

edward4ever wrote:
Meztli wrote:There's something I've been wondering about recently. For the transformation Edward injected Bella with his venom by needle. But before all that he asked Jacob fopr permission. Now what I noticed is that the treaty says that they can't bite a human. But Edward didn't bite Bella. So he didn't break the treaty. Or does the treaty say something about not transforming anyone. Just curious. And I apologize if someone already brought this up.
Edward DID bite Bella. The injection of his venom into her heart was to attempt to speed up the transformation process (the attempt was successful! Hers was at least a half day quicker than everyone elses).

He bit her all over, remember in Jacob's book (I don't have BD in front of me), Jacob describes Edward slicing her skin and running his tongue over the cut to seal in the venom and blood? He does that in several different spots after he injected his venom into her heart.

He asked Jacob for permission out of respect for the tribe and the treaty, but he was going to do it with or without Jacob's permission. I think Edward says something like, I'm going to do it anyway but I was hoping you would give your blessings, or words to that effect.
Oh... :oops: :lol: I'm such a space cadet. I forgot about that part. Bad Mez. I must read the series again.
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Meztli wrote:
edward4ever wrote:

Oh... :oops: :lol: I'm such a space cadet. I forgot about that part. Bad Mez. I must read the series again.
Hey, don't worry about it! There's a lot to keep track of!! :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
cullen_girl
Settled in Forks

Post by cullen_girl »

*sighs* I loved that Bella was finally turned, and I loved that Edward did it.
But, I felt so bad for her when she started feeling the pain. I wanted to skip that part, it just bothered me so much.
But I read it, and I was duly amazed when she woke up and tacled Edward with a lovey-dovey bear hug.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

During Bella's transformation I was feeling really uncomfterble because SM described her pain so well i almost felt like my fingertips were on fire and i was extremely suprised that Bella didn't scream the entire time i'm not being mean but Bella is kind of a crybaby but than again she hardley ever worries about herself so it shouldent have been too much of a shocker that she wanted Edward to suffer as little a possible it's very Bella like and after she woke up reading the story was soo different wanting Bella to become a vampire since Twilight and now that she finally is it was so weird in a way her thought process was so different but i liked it she wasnt a spaz anymore lol
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

I loved Bella's transformation scene- high point of the book and when she wakes up the descriptions of her scenes were amazing!!

I did like "Breaking Dawn", it's just that they really built up that Bella was going to have a hard time through the newborn stage, which would of livened up the book with some much needed problem. And it would of broken away from the format where they prepare for battle just like eclipse.
Anyone else think Bella conveniently and perfectly get to skip her newborn stage was really a cop-out though, and would of made the book better!? I would of loved to read about her inner conflict and struggles as a vampire, which was the price she was supposed to pay becoming a vampire. In all of the books, she mulled over whether it was worth it to become a vampire, but we don't get to read the results and consequences of her decision.
Edward talks about how he is monster. His thirst that is always evident, which makes him feel like a monster and is why he didn't want Bella to become a vampire. Bella's thirst is brought up like 4 short times. She's a newborn, that is supposed to be all she can think about!!
Bella needed to be tested almost- she needs to realize what it truly means to feel like a monster not just have the perfect life. She needs to ask "was this worth it?" and rely on Edward's help.
I want to say to Stephenie Meyer, you foreshadowed and implied that Bella would need to rely on Edward for strength as a vampire! That would of given them a lot more time together! Make her have regrets and inner struggle! We don't want some quick-fix deus ex machina!!
She knew she was giving up on her friends and family, and a normal life where she would constantly have the temptation and thirst to kill. She had so many people tell her about what it would be like for her a vampire, yet nothing changes for her!! Breaking Dawn was supposed to be Bella gave up on her humanity to become a vampire, even if it came with a lust for blood and uncontrolled emotions.
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

She knew the sacrifices in becoming a vampire. Bella chose immortality and life as a "monster" with Edward over a normal, happy human life with Jacob. She knew she was entering a life, where Edward believed you were a souless, damned monster. Yet, she still wanted this life- give it to her then but not in a nice little package!!!
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

Mrs.Levine<3sB&E wrote:I 100% loved her transformation! Obvisously, many of us believed this would be done in a romantic moment between the two of them. For me, I wanted what Bella wanted. However, once I finally go to her transformation, I thought it was perfect. I'm not sure if Edward really could have changed her without the life & death excuse. When he is there trying desperately to keep her alive and Jacob thinks he is crazy... not only does Edward have the only reason he needs to transform her(and nothing will stand in his way). I think it also shows the contrast between Jacob's love for Bella and Edwards. Those first two chapters of her transformation are addictive. I have read them too many times to count. I love Bella describing her silent burning and hearing her families whispers. The moments when she first "wakes up" might be my favorite pages from the whole series!! From hearing her new voice, to kissng Edward and seeing herself for the first time - sigh - I love SM!! I've said this before on another topic, but I will repeat myself, for me Bella's transformation was like finally opening the present I'd been waiting to get since Twilight!!

I agree 100 %.
Bella's transformation was like finally opening the present I'd been waiting to get since Twilight!
Indeed !!! ^

The transformation wasn't something I expected but I was happy with it.

I honestly couldn't see Edward changing her had it not been a life or death situation.

The description of her changing was so detailed, I felt what Bella was feeling.

Yes, it would have been interesting to see the conflict with her being a " normal new-born ". But was it needed, no. I was pleased with it and loved how she was still "Bella" even after the transformation. She was born to be a vampire. I've felt that way since the Blood - Typing in Biology. :lol:

LOVED IT!