Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lplover1
Settled in Forks

Re: Comic-Con 2009

Post by lplover1 »

Hey aren't you all excited to go to comic con?
It is soo much fun! I went last year for the twilight panel that was awesome :D and I loved the convention. I suggest that whoever is going goes there REALLY EARLY! The line is HUGE so if you want to see the panel you will have to be there really early and probably have to see other panels because if you aren't inside for the first panel, you won't get inside till after the new moon panel.

I suggest that when there is more information on the panel, we all plan to meet there at a time so we can keep each other company for the long hours we will be waiting.
iycis
Settled in Forks

Post by iycis »

Ellimere wrote:Oh wow, how did you get a hotel so close to the convention center? That's miraculous- I'm driving there every day, if you can believe it. I'll also be there Wednesday afternoon to pick up my badge, so we can meet up that day or Thursday.

From what I remember, the Twilight panel last year started at around 11 AM, but I was inside by 9 AM. It's probably going to be crazier this year, but we'll get in! I'll dive through the mob if that's what it takes.
We actually had a room at a closer Mariott, one block from the con, but they wouldn't take our rewards points there, so we had to go to another Mariott a mile away. No big deal though to me. There were not many rooms left anywhere we we booked though. This was in early March before Comic Con completely sold out. How far away do you have to drive from?

I think I am going to try very hard to go to the beach on Wednesday afternoon if I can. So I will probably just meet you on Thursday morning (bright and early!).
bluejojobabean
Settled in Forks

Post by bluejojobabean »

I am sooo super excited to be going to Comic-Con this year. This will be my first year going and I got my ticket minutes before they sold out just so that I could go to the New Moon panel. This also means that I wasn't able to talk any of my friends into going. I would love to meet up with people there to wait in line. I plan on taking the train down there from Oceanside really early so that I make sure I get to see the New Moon panel (since that is the only reason why I'm going). Let me know if anybody is interested in meeting up and where you would like to meet.
iycis
Settled in Forks

Post by iycis »

Ellimere and I will be meeting up inside the Hall when it opens. If you are interested in joining us, we will pick a location to meet closer to the actual Con.

On a side note, if you are the type of fan who insists on screaming "I love Edward" (or similar obnoxious things) through the whole panel, we really don't want to be apart of that. We're looking for a little more low key group to go to the panel with.
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Post by Iroc24 »

I've wanted to goto Comic-Con since I was a kid, but I've never had a chance to get out to the west coast. I went to Disneyland once when I was ten, but otherwise I'm an east coast girl. I've been looking for stuff closer to me though that might be fun. I love midnight releases of movies for that reason. It's fun to people watch all the fans dressed in costumes.
OCD
Wandering Through Town

Post by OCD »

Ooh! This will be my first Comic-Con, though I only have a day pass for Thursday and didn't get the 4-day pass. I thought we could only pick up our passes on the day of... but if we can pick it up Wednesday afternoon instead of Thursday - that would be awesome!!
Ellimere
Settled in Forks

Post by Ellimere »

Sorry OCD D: Day passes can only be picked up on the specific day you bought them for. Only the 4-Day passes can be picked up on Wednesday...
OCD
Wandering Through Town

Post by OCD »

That's okay, Ellimere - thanks for letting me know! Next year, I am FOR SURE going to get a 4-day pass. Lesson learned! ;)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I want to go sooo badly!
I was talking with other Lexers about meeting them there, but unfortunately I cannot get tickets.
:cry:
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
OCD
Wandering Through Town

Post by OCD »

Psst! Comic-Con has a bunch of refunded membership passes (1-day and 4-day) that they sell on eBay every day. Check 'em out - they're seller's ID on eBay is "sdcomic-con."

But you have to be QUICK! Follow them on twitter at http://twitter.com/comic_con to find out what time all the passes will be posted - they usually sell out within 3 minutes. I bought a pass there myself and it's totally legit.

Good luck!