Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: The TwiCon Convention-USA Summer 09

Post by Dorito »

Wow! I just came across this. Roughly 2500 people there, probably 90% of whom will be girls. Seriously, how can I not go? I've never been to any sort of con before, so I'm intrigued.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
Forever*Dazzled
Settled in Forks

Post by Forever*Dazzled »

I REALLY want to go!
But I'm not sure if i can. I live near SC so i'm really far away.

is it all workshop education type things or is it alot of fun stuff??

Has anyone ever been before?
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

What's not fun about discussing our favorite vampires and werewolves as if they REALLY do exists? All the panel discussions and academic papers only make the TWILIGHT World more real.

But as for the fun and games part of the three day convention. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE TONS OF FUN stuff. Especially since it's my job to make sure that happens.

The Volturi Masque Ball is going to be a highlight for me. I've always ALWAYS wanted to dress up in a beautiful swishing gown all the while wearing an elaborate mask decorated in sparkles and feathers.

Registered guests will get to attend an ALL TWILIGHT Rock Concert. Mitch Hansen, The Bella Cullen Project, and The Twilight Girls will be performing.

Let's not forget the amazing Twilight Movies stars who will be there for autographs, photos, and a special Q&A session. (fun is a given with this)

And that's not all. There's going to be TONS of low key, party type breakout sessions.
Imagine pounding the ivories on Edward's piano, self Defense classes for Bella, Jasper relaxation techniques, Emmett arm wrestling competitions and I haven't even begun the list of werewolf activities or Twilight themed games.

If you've ever attended a Twilight related event you know there is nothing more amazing than being surrounded by fans who are just as obsessed if not more obsessed than you are, TwiCon is the perfect opportunity to completely delve into the Twilgiht world. And if you've never had the chance to simply mingle with other people who share your love of Twilight, exchange your personal Twilight stories without getting a confused glazed over look from your audience then you should definitely attend TwiCon to be surrounded by other kindred Twilight spirits.

I'll be there, I hope to see you there too!
(oh and I'll be traveling from Utah to get to Texas)
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mizzou »

i'm going :D i hope they post the information about the photo-ops soon. :)
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

I'm in Dallas, so I was all psyched thinking this would be a lot like Ray's lame Sci Fi Comic Con crap he drags me to---alas, $255 bucks !!!!!!!!!!! Comic Con around here is like $20 bucks for a day pass. I'm cool with that...but $250 smackers when the only guest so far is Angela???? Can't do it. Maybe for Jaz, but even then....that's a lot of green peeps. And while Obie is your funny chunky Twilight girl, she ain't rich. So until I land that comedy-meets-strip-job gig, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Plus I've already seen Rob.....Booyah!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mizzou »

there are other actors/actresses confirmed other than christian serratos (angela). check the official website for a complete list.
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

mizzou wrote:there are other actors/actresses confirmed other than christian serratos (angela). check the official website for a complete list.
Omg. If I woulda known Bobby Long was gonna be there I so woulda saved up. Why didn't I know about this before? Ahhh! I really wanna see him. And Marcus Foster. That is so awesome that they're both there. I need to win the lottery. Lol.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

I was going to go until I calculated it would cost me about a thousand bucks to attend. And if I could do just one vacation this year, this would be the one, but I just can't afford it now.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I'm going!!!!
Yippee! :lol:
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
bloodnoir
Settled in Forks

Post by bloodnoir »

So I'm confused. Why is there only one actor scheduled for the "official" twicon when the unofficial convention in New Jersey (and many other cities) has Peter Facinelli, Michael Welch, Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Kellan, and Jackson?
Sounds like there will be plenty of awesome events in Dallas though. It was just too far away from me so I'm heading to New Jersey twilight convention instead. Really looking forward to the vampire ball. Hopefully all you lucky peeps attending the official twicon will take lots of pics and post them for all those who live too far away to enjoy it.