Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Re: Imprinting

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

What is wrong with imprinting on a baby?

Imprinting is not love. People seem to forget that. And really it affects the person imprinted on in no way.

Yes it affected Leah, but other than that instance, who else has it hurt? Ok, well when teh person dies, the shape-shifter is hurt, but that happens in day to day life. As does people's hearts getting broken. It is possible Sam would have met someone he liked more than Leah without the imprinting.

But back to subject.

When imprinted on, that just means you get a person who has a strong desire for your happiness. They will be anything you want them to be. If Renesmee just wants to be Jacob's friend, he will just be her friend. But, because the imprinted person generally falls in love with the imprinter, your view is distorted, you think that "Well so that means if you are imprinted on you are destined for that person, and have to be with them", that isn't it at all.

If Emily had decided he wanted Sam to leave her alone, he would have.

I just can't see how people see imprinting as bad or creepy. It isn't love, it isn't froceful. You just have someone taking after you. And the people imprinted on, never seem to mind, so I don't see why people get upset that their choice is taken away (which it isn't).

They still can choose someone else, but they don't, because why would you want to? If someone existed out there, who purely wanted your happiness, and wanted to protect you, and be whatever you wanted them to be, why wouldn't you want them to become your lover?
ImageImageImageImageImage
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

Ok, my view on imprinting:

I think it's a beautiful thing. It's not that the imprinter (hereby referred to as the wolf) falls in love with the imprintee (hereby referred to as the girl), its just that the wolf will be whatever the girl needs him to be. If she needs him to be a big brother to her, he will do that. Big brothers love their little sisters, but they aren't in love with them. The wolf only really falls deeply in love with the girl when she is ready for that kind of relationship with him. Also, I know it sounds like forced love, but if they were made for each other, I think that all imprinting does is speed up the process that was destined to happen anyways. The girl can't resist the kind of commitment that the wolf shows for her, so even if she didn't want to fall in love with him originally, she will most likely end up loving him.
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

If imprinting did not have the true love fantasy veil around it, I think more people would get why people find it gross. Especially in the case of infants.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
CrazilyObsessed024

leahroselover wrote:If imprinting did not have the true love fantasy veil around it, I think more people would get why people find it gross. Especially in the case of infants.
How many times do people have to say this?

Imprinting is not true love! It is not love in any way if the imprinted on does not want that! Stop claiming it is please!
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
leahroselover wrote:If imprinting did not have the true love fantasy veil around it, I think more people would get why people find it gross. Especially in the case of infants.

Imprinting is not true love! It is not love in any way if the imprinted on does not want that! Stop claiming it is please!
Why? It may not be mutual, but for one person it is!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
CrazilyObsessed024

threethings wrote:

Probably was overreacting. But what I said is still true. It may be love. But it can be like a brother's love, or a friend's love. People label it as "true love" like a soul mate, or a lover. But it isn't that way. It is clearly described as "whatever that person needs you to be" in the book. And sometimes, yes, that is a lover's status. But it isn't instantly like that.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

threethings wrote:

Probably was overreacting. But what I said is still true. It may be love. But it can be like a brother's love, or a friend's love. People label it as "true love" like a soul mate, or a lover. But it isn't that way. It is clearly described as "whatever that person needs you to be" in the book. And sometimes, yes, that is a lover's status. But it isn't instantly like that.
Yes, but I think it can turn into that. It's not like that right away, but I think it turns into something more.
ImageImage
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

It turns into something more at a healthy rate and time though, so I don't see how its gross to imprint on an infant.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
CrazilyObsessed024

Key word here: Can

It can turn into true love. And you know what? It probably will.

But since it is just a possibility (a good possibility) it can't have a "true love veil" around it.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

True, you've made your point. I agree.
ImageImage