Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Imprinting

Post by leahroselover »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:Key word here: Can

It can turn into true love. And you know what? It probably will.

But since it is just a possibility (a good possibility) it can't have a "true love veil" around it.
I think knowing SMeyer and her views of romance it is going to be "true love". And fyi, "True love" doesn't always mean boyfriend and girlfriend.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

leahroselover wrote:
CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:Key word here: Can

It can turn into true love. And you know what? It probably will.

But since it is just a possibility (a good possibility) it can't have a "true love veil" around it.
I think knowing SMeyer and her views of romance it is going to be "true love". And fyi, "True love" doesn't always mean boyfriend and girlfriend.
I never said they had to be dating in order to be involved in "true love". And I think it will end up as true love in Renesmee and Jacob's instance. But it doesn't have to be like that if that isn't what the people want. I am just saying imprinting doesn't automatically mean true love. It can mean whatever that person wants it to. It can mean a best friend, it can mean a brother. Whatever they want. And the werewolf will happily fit that, and feel the needed way for them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

^
Well seeing as how Jacob gave Nessie a "promise bracelet", I think he wants to be more than just friends. ;)
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

leahroselover wrote:Well seeing as how Jacob gave Nessie a "promise bracelet", I think he wants to be more than just friends. ;)
. . . that was down right disturbing :shock:

Doesn't he regard her as ONLY a little sister now? i find it odd and creepy that he watches her while she sleeps WITH his mouth hanging wide open and drooling. I am sorry, but as far as i know non of my brothers are breathless when they watch me sleep. and not to mention they don't watch me sleep to begin with so. . .
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Leahroselover: This is not just Renesmee and Jacob we are talking about. I am saying imprinting in general.

Malaz: I think it is more than a brotherl love he has for her, just because Stephenie wants him to have love, so she depicted it that way. He isn't in love with her. But he is very protective and loves her very much. It is like a brother's love intensified. And people watch babies sleep all the time.
ImageImageImageImageImage
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

Leahroselover: This is not just Renesmee and Jacob we are talking about. I am saying imprinting in general.
I know, but I have problems with the arguments used for Imprinting in terms of Nessie/Jake.

Also, we have no idea how the wolf would deal with the rejection because it has never happened. The guy is too "prefect". The closest we have is Emily and that is supposedly an "accident."

Edit: Also, the problem is that he will not always be her big brother figure. He is 90% likely to be her husband, lover and father of her children.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:And people watch babies sleep all the time.
yeah with a drool down your mouth? i don't think so :) - besides, he's supposed to be her big brother and a protecter, not knight in shining russet fur.
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

At first the imprinting thing didn't really bother me... and then they imprinted on little kids. That kinda freaked me out. I don't really have kids or anything but that really brought out some motherly instincts. LOL If i were Bella, i probably would have the same reaction when she found out about Jacob imprinting on a new born baby. Except i wouldn't feel bad afterwords. Ok... I understand they have no control over it, but still.... it's really freaky. Just my opinion.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

I agree. It kinda freaked me out too when I first heard about them imprinting on little kids. But it's not so bad if they treat them as little sisters and not their girlfriends. Either way I probably would have reacted the same way as Bella when I found out that he imprinted on Nessie.
It makes sense why Jacob imprinted on Nessie. I mean he couldn't have Bella so he fell in love with the closest thing he could have had to Bella, Nessie!
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Jacob doesn't see Nessie as a little sister. She is his meaning for living. He is her protector. He loves her with every fiber of his being. This is a greater love than family love or husband and wife love. She is his whole extistence, she is the reason he exists at all. His love/devotion for her is as permanent and unbreakable as Edward and Bella's love for one another, which, by the way, is also stronger than normal husband/wife love.

He did not imprint on Nessie because Bella wasn't available and Nessie was the next closest thing to Bella. The love he had for Bella doesn't hold a candle next to what he feels for Nessie. AND, Nessie is the reason that he felt that way toward Bella to begin with.

Sure, in the beginning Jacob was infatuated with Bella and eventually fell in love with her as a boyfriend loves a girlfriend (I still believe they met because of Nessie... though I know I'm in the minority there), but as it got later in the series when it was obvious Bella was "taken" and she kept hurting him over and over again...his draw to her (and her draw to him) transcended normal human feelings that neither one of them could explain to themselves or anyone else. They only understood them after Nessie was born.

Exhibit 'A':
BD pg's 450-451 Bella says to Jacob upon hearing of his imprinting--
"'You're going to stay away from her,' I hissed up at Jacob.
'I can't do that!'
Through my teeth: 'Try. Starting now.'
'It's not possible. Do you remember how much you wanted me around three days ago? How hard it was to be apart from each other? That's gone for you now, isn't it?'
I glared, not sure what he was implying.
'That was her,' he told me. 'From the very beginning. We had to be together, even then.'
I remembered, and then I understood; a tiny part of me was relieved to have the madness explained."
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!