Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Re: Imprinting

Post by chowzinha » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:07 am

akire wrote:
I don't think the imprinter would be TOO sad if the imprintee didn't fall in love with him. He could still be in her life and maybe even still fall in love with someone else??

I don't really thing that the person who imprints can love someone else.
The problem is that SM did not give us too much example to learn from... Sam got the person he wants and is happily engaged, Quil gets to hover around Claire and so does Jacob.
My theory is that if a shapeshifter imprints on a baby, then he gets to be around the imprintee's entire life, and the baby just gets really attached to the imprinter. I think that this shows more hopes for the imprinter to eventually become a life partner of his imprintee.
But, again, that's not necessary the case to all shapeshifters. Sam imprinted on an adult and had to wait for Emily to fall in love with him. I think that the tendency is for the imprintee to eventually be with the imprinter, but that does not seem as a universal rule to the imprinting process.

loveuccs
Wandering Through Town

Post by loveuccs » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:24 pm

The imprinting thing is really cool, but I preffer have a choice.
I use to believe that out there, somewhere in the vast world was MY person. The perfect guy for me, the guy that God created thinking about me and that when I meet him we would be -not easy- together like... forever. :oops: silly me!
Somehow I feel that imprinting is something like that, but without a choice. You have to love the object of your imprinting, and you can't just turn around and leave.

I have to admit, I sort of envy them :lol: it would be an easy life after that. You love him and he loves you, no hurting, nothing bad after that ;) cool.
It's too green. An alien planet!

loveuccs
Wandering Through Town

Post by loveuccs » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 pm

chowzinha wrote:
akire wrote:
I don't think the imprinter would be TOO sad if the imprintee didn't fall in love with him. He could still be in her life and maybe even still fall in love with someone else??

But, again, that's not necessary the case to all shapeshifters. Sam imprinted on an adult and had to wait for Emily to fall in love with him. I think that the tendency is for the imprintee to eventually be with the imprinter, but that does not seem as a universal rule to the imprinting process.
Oh I haven't read this. I need to say something.
Sam didn't wait for Emily to fall in love with him. She loved him from the very first moment of the imprinting, that's how I think it works. He had to wait because Leah was involved, Emily's cousin :|. Just put yourself in Emily's shoes, you would have to think it through. It was hurting her cousin and have eternal love, I'm sure she decided stay away from Sam but the love, attraction, gravity effect between them was too strong.
It's mutual love, not just for the imprinter.
It's too green. An alien planet!

Alice_in_Cullenland
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice_in_Cullenland » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:57 pm

I've seen people saying that imprinting would be convenient in that you wouldn't have to date...but here's my question. Isn't dating and gradually falling in love part of what makes life sweet? Yes, those experiences can be bad, but if you fall in love with someone the awkward first dates and the experiences you had getting to know each other are going to be part of what makes your relationship strong and what will make you smile when remembering things. How exactly would an imprintee know that their imprint was the one?

My other question revolves around the same gender imprinting. Let's say a werewolf is gay. We'll call him Isaac. Will Isaac imprint, and if so, will he imprint on a woman? Is imprinting strong enough to change a werewolve's sextuality?

chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Alice_in_Cullenland wrote:I've seen people saying that imprinting would be convenient in that you wouldn't have to date...but here's my question. Isn't dating and gradually falling in love part of what makes life sweet? Yes, those experiences can be bad, but if you fall in love with someone the awkward first dates and the experiences you had getting to know each other are going to be part of what makes your relationship strong and what will make you smile when remembering things. How exactly would an imprintee know that their imprint was the one?

My other question revolves around the same gender imprinting. Let's say a werewolf is gay. We'll call him Isaac. Will Isaac imprint, and if so, will he imprint on a woman? Is imprinting strong enough to change a werewolve's sextuality?

OMG, I so loved your question!!! :D
You should really post it on the twilight Q&A to generate discussion!
But answering to your question... 1) the imprintee just wouldn't know!
2) I don't think there would ever be same gender imprint, and not because I think that it's bad or anything, but because imprint depends on reproduction. In theory, imprint happens when the shifter finds someone who has the best gene combination to his (or something like this, I don't have the book here right now, but it sounds something like this). So, if you are looking at best gene combinations, it will definitely involve reproduction. And if reproduction is involved, then it cannot be something of same gender. Get my point? So, if a werewolf is gay, and he imprinted on a woman, then he would most probably change his sexuality.

Alice_in_Cullenland
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice_in_Cullenland » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:01 am

chowzinha wrote:OMG, I so loved your question!!! :D
You should really post it on the twilight Q&A to generate discussion!
But answering to your question... 1) the imprintee just wouldn't know!
2) I don't think there would ever be same gender imprint, and not because I think that it's bad or anything, but because imprint depends on reproduction. In theory, imprint happens when the shifter finds someone who has the best gene combination to his (or something like this, I don't have the book here right now, but it sounds something like this). So, if you are looking at best gene combinations, it will definitely involve reproduction. And if reproduction is involved, then it cannot be something of same gender. Get my point? So, if a werewolf is gay, and he imprinted on a woman, then he would most probably change his sexuality.
All right, I shall repost this question! And your answer was basically what I was thinking...which would kind of suck for that werewolf, wouldn't it?

chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 pm

or NOT!
When he imprints, then it wouldn't really matter if he was once gay or not, because all he can think of is his imprintee, right?

akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:49 pm

^^ Interesting! Then I wonder if the reverse could be true (eg that a straight wolf could imprint on a guy).

Well, probably not... :D

Image Image Image

Alice_in_Cullenland
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice_in_Cullenland » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:18 pm

chowzinha wrote:or NOT!
When he imprints, then it wouldn't really matter if he was once gay or not, because all he can think of is his imprintee, right?
Well what if his imprint was horrible? Oh, that's a question in general: What if you imprint on someone who you hate?

akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Jacob kind of did... he was ready to kill Nessie right before he imprinted on her. I guess you get over your hatred.

Image Image Image