General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Imprinting

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Paul and Rachel and Jared and Kim are the ones I actually find plausible and kind of sweet. Paul and Rachel could easily have happened, since Rachel left and didn't come back for a long time. I'm assuming she changed in that time. And you hear lots of stories about people suddenly getting a new perspective on someone they've known forever. It could have been at a party, or they ran into each other somewhere or something.

It's when imprinting makes someone a slave to choices they wouldn't make ordinarily, when it goes against who they are, and when it's used to cut out natural healing that it really irks me.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

You are right about Paul and Rachelle.... But I don't think Rachele really changed... She was just evoiding La Push because of her mother's death... but I guess she matured...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

She was gone for like five years, and she's dealt with her mother's death and she's lived a life somewhere else. Of course she's different. Everyone changes in the span of five years, especially young adults. Granted, we don't really know anything about her beforehand.

Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

It'd be nice for Leah if she imprinted. Some of you would see it as the same problem with Jake though. She didn't get over her problems herself and just became numbed to all her turmoil. But c'mon, she's been sad for quite a while now. Meeting that one person who is perfect for her would make her happy again.

Though does anyone believe that she wouldn't imprint being a female wolf?
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

Max 28 wrote:It'd be nice for Leah if she imprinted. Some of you would see it as the same problem with Jake though. She didn't get over her problems herself and just became numbed to all her turmoil. But c'mon, she's been sad for quite a while now. Meeting that one person who is perfect for her would make her happy again.

Though does anyone believe that she wouldn't imprint being a female wolf?

I would seriously cry if Leah imprinted. After all the pain imprinting has caused her, I feel her imprinting would be like kicking her in the face. She will find happiness and will find the love of her life ON HER OWN. Not because some magical force told her who she should love.

She will become a better and stronger person because she went through so much pain in such a short amount of time and came out just fine on the other side, ONE HER OWN. Not because some mythical force erased her pain and made her boo boo feel all better.

It's like letting a bad cut scab and heal over. It'll be painful, but the skin where the cut was will be stronger than it was before.

I really hope she doesn't imprint.
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

^^^ Yeah, I guess there irony would be painful. If she did leave La Push soon and go off on her on life I think she could find someone good for her. But I can't see it happening if she stayed. She probably knows all the guys and will still be hurting over Sam. Plus because she's been so hurt it could be hard for her to trust someone again enough for love to work. And chances are she would only find guys that would let her down and hurt her all over again.

At least if she imprinted she would have guaranteed happiness. Ok that sounds a lil cheesy but can you see what I mean?
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

Yes, she would be feeling happiness, but it wouldn't be real.
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

Why is true love found conveniently through imprinting not real? It's not like they're being hypnotized into it, more like the realisation suddenly hits you I believe.
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

How could the happiness she feels after imprinting be real?

She doesn't feel it on her own; a magical force outside her control forces her to love this person because they would make kick-*ss mini wolves.

Unhappy people aren't going to having a lot of sex, hence not many chances of getting preggo and passing on the gene, what imprinting is for.

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Well, just to add my two cents. I would hate it if Leah imprinted, even more than I hated Jacob imprinting - which was a lot. It's true that it would take away her pain, and I guess ignorance is bliss, but it would be dissatisfying to the reader, definitely.