General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Imprinting

Post by suzzeeQ »

The girlie-wolf wrote:she can have children only after she stops phasing.... because of her period... so she can't imprint if she can't pass the gene... :D

We don't know that for sure. How do you know that the reason she started phasing was because she couldn't have children? She could have been infertile before she started phasing.

To reiterate, we won't know for sure until we find out why she started phasing in the first place. Or until Smeyer tells us directly. Which could be never.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I know while I like disussing this topic and hearing other people's ideas, I would like to know why she started phasing in the first place and whether she can have kids or not for sure lol. I think though, that what Girlie was saying wasn't that she started phasing b/c she can't have kids but that she can't have kids b/c while she's phasing she doesn't have a period. At least that's what I think she's saying lol.

Thanks for pointing that out Rings...I guess that messes up my theory lol...I'll have to come up with a new one.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I came up with a theory that Leah was able to phase because she has so much "wolf" in her.

Recall her discussion with Jacob, saying that if neither he nor Sam had phased prior, Seth would likely have been alpha because they have the wolf on both sides of the family as well (and if I remember correctly, one of the last Pack members was an ancestor of theirs). It's possible that she inherited enough of the "gene" to make her phase.

Of course, this runs into trouble when you consider that Jacob, who also has it on both sides of the family (and a much stronger one considering the last alpha was his direct ancestor), has two sisters- neither of which phased.
elisemusta
Wandering Through Town

Post by elisemusta »

ringswraith wrote: Of course, this runs into trouble when you consider that Jacob, who also has it on both sides of the family (and a much stronger one considering the last alpha was his direct ancestor), has two sisters- neither of which phased.[/color]
But neither of Jake's sisters lived in La Push that time. Maybe that could explain it. Rachel comes for a visit later, but maybe it was too late for her to be subjected to vampires and turn to wolf.
Not bad for a prison break, eh?
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by vampirenerd »

That is true, both of his sisters left La Push pretty much as soon as possible. Not sure if they were there when the Cullens first came back, but if I remember correctly they were gone by the time Sam first phased. If that's the case, then your theory would work Rings.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I think that if Jacob's sister's stayed in La Push after their mother's death they would have changed, one of them at least... after Leah phasing...But just if they were there when the New Borns came couse you need alot of vamps to phase a girl...
And altough it can be too late to phase couse they are older than nessecary then they can impirnt... maybe Rachele and Paul is a prodact of the fact that Rachele never phased...
suzzeeQ wrote:
We don't know that for sure. How do you know that the reason she started phasing was because she couldn't have children? She could have been infertile before she started phasing.
If she can't have children than why did she get her period when she ws still human... couse this is the sign that she can have children...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

I hadn't thought about Jacobs sisters phasing til I read it on here, and it made me think. Personally I think it was probable that they too would've started to 'shape shift' had they have stayed in La Push when the new borns arrived. And I wonder whether they had any kind of inkling that it could happen to them and that's one of the reasons they both stayed away?

I haven't thought about it for a long time so there are probably huge holes in these theories :?
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by vampirenerd »

I don't think they would've had any idea of the fact that they might phase if they stayed around. I think, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that they left before Sam phased. So there was no one there at that point that had phased. Also, if Jacob didn't have a clue until after he phased (and he was supposed to be Alpha) I don't think they would.
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

ringswraith wrote:I came up with a theory that Leah was able to phase because she has so much "wolf" in her.

Recall her discussion with Jacob, saying that if neither he nor Sam had phased prior, Seth would likely have been alpha because they have the wolf on both sides of the family as well (and if I remember correctly, one of the last Pack members was an ancestor of theirs). It's possible that she inherited enough of the "gene" to make her phase.

Of course, this runs into trouble when you consider that Jacob, who also has it on both sides of the family (and a much stronger one considering the last alpha was his direct ancestor), has two sisters- neither of which phased.
Yeah, this is like what I said a few pages back. If female wolves imprint then of course Leah would have been the first with her strong lineage. Though if Jake's sisters had stayed and were around when there was the huge amount of vampires I think they would have phased too.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Yeah... they left before Sam changed and I don't think that they belived the legends more than Jacob did before he changed... he knew about it but who belived that they can transform into a giant wolf? and I don't think that a female wolf can imprint because of the trouble the phasing would make if she got pregnat... couse the imprinting is about passing the gene and you can't do it without having a baby, of course...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha